The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 12:04 AM   #31
gabbs1123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
You misunderstood her. What she meant was…

“No watches that you asked for, that were allocated to me by management, that I could sell to a customer of your caliber and history, were received by me during the last 3 months.”

The other translation is:

“F off. We have enough customers”
It was probably the latter. Anyway, wouldn’t recommend that Gearys but the one in Santa Monica had great customer service!
gabbs1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #32
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin24 View Post
Hi! I'm looking to express interest in some watches at some point, and have no existing relationships/Rolex history. I know I could go put my name down on lists at multiple dealers, but was wondering if anyone had opinions on specific ones (positive or negative). The ones I know about are Santa Monica, Century City, Rodeo Drive, and Bhindi's in Glendale. Any one of them, or any others, more likely to actually end up allocating watches I want (like Sub, GMT)
Stainless steel GMT or Subs need some pre-spend history or if you are really lucky able to get one. But, precious metals Subs or GMT could be available if you fancy spending that amount of money at the Rolex AD.

Good luck man.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
The Morgan’s that lost a Rolex location was in Palos Vedes. It is a sister store of the one down the street, which still has the license. Is the Torrance one also losing it?

Russell of Morgan’s Torrance will actively ask you to buy a women’s bracelet or necklace to let you “go home with a submariner.” Can get DJ41 blue jubilee fluted bezel with no issue though. I met a customer here in store a couple years ago that said he spent more than $8k on his wife to get a submariner. He was picking up a submariner.

In 2024, Russell said he’d send me home with a sub if I picked up something for the wife. told him I had lived here in the area and been a customer of his for awhile now. He didn’t care. I then raised my hand and said I wear Daytonas now. “What do I need to buy for a Daytona?” He walked off. lol.
Morgan’s is the worst. Prepare to buy lots of junk for the honor of buying a Rolex.
1259 is offline   Reply With Quote