The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 12:08 AM   #1
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
New Submariner Bezel Stiff

I just picked up my new 126610LV on Friday. I didn't really mess with the bezel in the store, but when I got home, I noticed the bezel is a bit stiff and requires a decent amount of additional effort to turn it versus a Sub that I used to have (same model), ones I've tried on in the store, or my high quality homage by Ginault. Versus the Ginault that I have in hand, it has about 50% more resistance.
It's not like I can't turn it, but it's not that buttery smooth turning that I'm used to on the Sub.
I've given it a couple baths using Dawn Power Spray dish soap, rinsed the bezel out well, turned the bezel under running warm water (not as easy to do on this watch since it's stiff), and have turned the bezel several times (probably 50 times).
I'm trying to avoid bothering the store, plus they're a far drive away.
Any tips to ease the bezel tension? Maybe run some floss through to remove some potential debris?
MRBolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #2
moofur
"TRF" Member

Assuming that you bought it from an AD which means there are no issues with authenticity I wouldn't worry too much about it.
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
I just picked up my new 126610LV on Friday. I didn't really mess with the bezel in the store, but when I got home, I noticed the bezel is a bit stiff and requires a decent amount of additional effort to turn it versus a Sub that I used to have (same model), ones I've tried on in the store, or my high quality homage by Ginault. Versus the Ginault that I have in hand, it has about 50% more resistance.
It's not like I can't turn it, but it's not that buttery smooth turning that I'm used to on the Sub.
I've given it a couple baths using Dawn Power Spray dish soap, rinsed the bezel out well, turned the bezel under running warm water (not as easy to do on this watch since it's stiff), and have turned the bezel several times (probably 50 times).
I'm trying to avoid bothering the store, plus they're a far drive away.
Any tips to ease the bezel tension? Maybe run some floss through to remove some potential debris?
The ceramic inserts run on 3 spring loaded ball-bearings and a sping-loaded click stop and supposed to have resistance as not to move once set to time the laspe time under water.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #4
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofur View Post
Assuming that you bought it from an AD which means there are no issues with authenticity I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I purchased it directly from an AD. I'm worried about it because turning the bezel doesn't really feel too nice!
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #5
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
The ceramic inserts run on 3 spring loaded ball-bearings and a sping-loaded click stop and supposed to have resistance as not to move once set to time the laspe time under water.
Yes, I know there should be some resistance, but this is more than other Submariners that I've encountered or the one that I previously owned, from memory.
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I guess you should go back to your AD to discuss.

Is this your first ceramic Submariner?
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #7
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
It may be similar to the “new watch squeak”and may subside over time.

I’d call the AD and ask what they thought so the “issue” is at least recorded with them and then give it a week or two to see if it loosens a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23 AM   #8
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I guess you should go back to your AD to discuss.

Is this your first ceramic Submariner?
Second. I'll reach out to the AD later today if I don't hear any other suggestions that work soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
It may be similar to the “new watch squeak”and may subside over time.

I’d call the AD and ask what they thought so the “issue” is at least recorded with them and then give it a week or two to see if it loosens a bit.

I suppose you're right about having it recorded. I will be likely heading back down to their area in the next couple weeks anyway. They have a Rolex service department, so they should be able to fix it quickly if it's still having the issue.
I would think, though, with the watch having been on exhibition for a couple months that all the people turning it with their grubby little hands would've broken it in. Evidently not!
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #9
brandrea

Quote:
Second. I'll reach out to the AD later today if I don't hear any other suggestions that work soon!

I suppose you're right about having it recorded. I will be likely heading back down to their area in the next couple weeks anyway. They have a Rolex service department, so they should be able to fix it quickly if it's still having the issue.
I would think, though, with the watch having been on exhibition for a couple months that all the people turning it with their grubby little hands would've broken it in. Evidently not!
Keep us posted
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #10
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:

Wait a minute. Exhibition?!?

I vividly recall your “deposit” thread about this and you said the AD ensured it wasn’t going to be exhibited….

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #11
brandrea

Quote:

I vividly recall your “deposit” thread about this and you said the AD ensured it wasn’t going to be exhibited….

Good catch.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=957289
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #12
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah, I don't feel too great about it, but I didn't want to start anything with them and not get another watch. They didn't directly tell me it was on exhibition when I went to pick it up, but I had a buddy send me a pic of the green Sub they had on exhibition a few weeks ago, and it's the same serial number. It had a small scratch/scuff on one of the links. I pointed it out, and they polished it. Since it was one of the removable links that I think cost only like $80 and it surely removed the most miniscule amount of material, I just let it slide.
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #13
roadrunner117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, I don't feel too great about it, but I didn't want to start anything with them and not get another watch. They didn't directly tell me it was on exhibition when I went to pick it up, but I had a buddy send me a pic of the green Sub they had on exhibition a few weeks ago, and it's the same serial number. It had a small scratch/scuff on one of the links. I pointed it out, and they polished it. Since it was one of the removable links that I think cost only like $80 and it surely removed the most miniscule amount of material, I just let it slide.
Interesting. So when a new watch comes in where there is already an existing exhibition model, I wonder if ADs are more likely to sell off the exhibition piece so that the new watch that comes in then takes its place in the exhibition lineup. That seems to be the case with this AD.
roadrunner117 is online now   Reply With Quote