The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old Today, 12:02 AM   #1
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

Accuracy of used market pricing on Chrono24

The common sentiment here seems to be that the pricing on Chrono24 is inflated, and that lower prices are negotiated off the website. As I'm looking to buy a used watch (strongly considering a 116509) in the next few months, is there any way to tell what prices watches are actually selling for?

I'm aware of watchcharts and moda, although the former doesn't have good data on more unique models and moda's data can be quite sparse. Ebay sold listings are another, but I can't imagine there is a lot of high end trade on there.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Join Moda on Facebook
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #3
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Make offers to multiple sellers on the reference you want. Lowest accepted offer is market value. Age, condition, seller reputation all factor in as well. That’s like saying “I want to buy a used Toyota Camry what should I pay?” Too many variables for an easy answer.

My suggestion would be to contact the trusted sellers here on the forum, and just get the best pricing you can from one of them so at least you have peace of mind that the watch is authentic and will arrive as represented.
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #4
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Almost everything is about the seller. I would start with our Trusted Sellers here and look at the websites and pricing. Many of the listing for more high end watches on Chrono24 are ghost listing, the lister does not have the watch but will source it after you pay. They have tried to crack down on this but I still see it. I try to balance price, condition, completeness and location. You must also compare watches of a similar age. Don't let price be your only driver or even first. It is about the right watch from a seller that is reputable. The prices are going to be close for two comparable watches. Remember you can negotiate also. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #5
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Tokyo Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Join Moda on Facebook
Note thats easier said than done! I actually ended up on a 'fake' Moda at one point (name is entirely capital!). They have a full-on set of 8+ accounts pretending to put up sales/auctions, doing reference checks, etc.

I was fortunate to have not won any auctions, but was warned by someone whose brother DID. Basically, they suck you in with a VERY legit looking facebook page, and you eventually win something. When you win, they have you wire the money, then basically ship you nothing.

As soon as you notice something is up, they ban you from the page! They are apparently REALLY quick at deleting the posts saying it is a scam!
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #6
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichKeane View Post
Note thats easier said than done! I actually ended up on a 'fake' Moda at one point (name is entirely capital!). They have a full-on set of 8+ accounts pretending to put up sales/auctions, doing reference checks, etc.

I was fortunate to have not won any auctions, but was warned by someone whose brother DID. Basically, they suck you in with a VERY legit looking facebook page, and you eventually win something. When you win, they have you wire the money, then basically ship you nothing.

As soon as you notice something is up, they ban you from the page! They are apparently REALLY quick at deleting the posts saying it is a scam!

Yes, obviously you have to join the real Moda group

I’m glad you averted disaster.

For the purposes of the OP, I find that Moda represents what watches are really seeking for vs C24 which is used “aspirational” pricing to put it mildly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #7
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Tokyo Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Yes, obviously you have to join the real Moda group

I’m glad you averted disaster.

For the purposes of the OP, I find that Moda represents what watches are really seeking for vs C24 which is used “aspirational” pricing to put it mildly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, just FINDING which of the groups is the real MODA group is actually not trivial. This fake group actually ALSO advertises on searches on facebook, so they end up near the top all the time anyway.
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote