The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 September 2024, 01:34 PM   #1201
Talbel
"TRF" Member

Love this dial
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0313.jpeg (153.7 KB, 75 views)
Talbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM   #1202
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine

Pretty sure I’ve drooled over this in this thread before but just saw again on GO’s instagram. I just love this watch wish it was even close to affordable for me maybe someday!
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 7037 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P, 5205G-013 Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #1203
southlight
2024 Pledge Member

I‘ve seen it in the flesh a couple of months ago, and it’s spectacular. I still prefer the old version, though - but I am biased anyway.

southlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #1204
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post

Pretty sure I’ve drooled over this in this thread before but just saw again on GO’s instagram. I just love this watch wish it was even close to affordable for me maybe someday!
It’s sublime no doubt.

(Me thinking aloud)

I can’t help but wonder if going so incredibly upscale is the right strategy. I consider GO a “Tweener” brand if you will. That’s not shade as they are probably my favorite brand behind the Crown.

I believe they are upscale to the entry and mid level luxury brands (IWC, Zenith, Omega) but yet will have difficulty competing if they go higher up the ladder and attempt to compete with the PP, ALS, VC, AP’s and the like. I see them kind of like the German JLC if you will.

Their biggest liability in the high end area is resale and brand recognition.

I wish they would focus their efforts and release more models in the 10-15K range (which can usually be had at discount at around Rolex RRP prices), and continue to refine (make thinner) their sports line. A SeaQ GMT would be incredible. For some reason, the Swatch co has really neglected the hottest segment of the last 5 years.

Feel free to flame away…. I was just enjoying my morning coffee and thought I’d add to the thread since I don’t have a pic of a gorgeous GO to add.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:06 AM   #1205
southlight
2024 Pledge Member

I would recommend to spend some time on the history of GO. They have been producing high end pieces for decades now and there is nothing wrong about that.

For a start, this is a good article: https://swisswatches-magazine.com/pa...e%2520Original.

And yes, there are other brands being more exclusive than GO, but those brands are also offering watches way more expensive. Long story short: I think GO is well-placed between some high end brands and the middle class of luxury watches. But that‘s just my two cents.
southlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #1206
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I‘ve seen it in the flesh a couple of months ago, and it’s spectacular. I still prefer the old version, though - but I am biased anyway.

Beautiful watch!!
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 7037 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P, 5205G-013 Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #1207
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
It’s sublime no doubt.

(Me thinking aloud)

I can’t help but wonder if going so incredibly upscale is the right strategy. I consider GO a “Tweener” brand if you will. That’s not shade as they are probably my favorite brand behind the Crown.

I believe they are upscale to the entry and mid level luxury brands (IWC, Zenith, Omega) but yet will have difficulty competing if they go higher up the ladder and attempt to compete with the PP, ALS, VC, AP’s and the like. I see them kind of like the German JLC if you will.

Their biggest liability in the high end area is resale and brand recognition.

I wish they would focus their efforts and release more models in the 10-15K range (which can usually be had at discount at around Rolex RRP prices), and continue to refine (make thinner) their sports line. A SeaQ GMT would be incredible. For some reason, the Swatch co has really neglected the hottest segment of the last 5 years.

Feel free to flame away…. I was just enjoying my morning coffee and thought I’d add to the thread since I don’t have a pic of a gorgeous GO to add.
This is a stunner. GO does not get enough recognition.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote