The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2024, 07:40 AM   #121
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
Yes, faux outrage. Calm down. There was no red flag that the OP mentioned. The OP did his homework. Send all your secondhand watches to a RSC. I said I was glad the original owner or insurance company got their watch back. I just feel that sending a secondhand watch to the RSC is a risk that many people may not want to take, and I could not blame them.
Do you even know what “faux” means?
Clearly you don’t understand the semantics of your argument.
You truly put the “grey” in Grey Market.
I simply hope honest Rolex owners don’t get robbed, and if they do, checks and balances such as RSC can get their pieces back.
To those that avoid RSC for the reason they’re worried their watch may come up stolen………………I don’t even know what to say
Old 22 September 2024, 07:49 AM   #122
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
Do you even know what “faux” means?
Clearly you don’t understand the semantics of your argument.
You truly put the “grey” in Grey Market.
I simply hope honest Rolex owners don’t get robbed, and if they do, checks and balances such as RSC can get their pieces back.
To those that avoid RSC for the reason they’re worried their watch may come up stolen………………I don’t even know what to say

Nah, I think the gray marketplace is solid overall. I only say faux, because it just seems like a bunch of virtue signaling. Seriously, I really hope you aren’t that upset about some people not wanting to use a RSC for this reason. It’s okay that you are unwilling or unable to see my point.
S’portEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2024, 07:57 AM   #123
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Glad that you were able to get this issue resolved as well as it possibly could have been.
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2024, 12:02 AM   #124
KenV
"TRF" Member

The gift that keeps on giving :)

Hopefully my last update on this topic. I received a letter from my local police asking me to come to the station and bring my documentation on my Rolex purchase. I printed all the emails to/from the Munich dealer and I was able to find the original Chrono24 ad.

I told the detective how I bought the watch etc. Since it was bought from a dealer, and not a private person, it was easier to show that I did not knowingly purchase a stolen item The file was sent from the Köln police to the Landshut police and now will be sent to the Munich police.

At least the police seems to be investigating the theft. The Munich dealer should have the name of who they bought that watch from, so they can keep moving along the purchase chain.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (34.5 KB, 290 views)
KenV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2024, 08:04 AM   #125
paul cbc
"TRF" Member

Glad you were refunded.
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience.
paul cbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2024, 06:27 PM   #126
Chefinspecteur
"TRF" Member

Weiterhin viel Glück!! Vielen Dank für Deine Updates hier!
Chefinspecteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2024, 08:20 PM   #127
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Thanks for the update.
It's been interesting following the whole process.
All in all, glad you got your money back and hopefully nothing but positive ownership experiences moving forward.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2024, 10:07 PM   #128
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Thanks for the update.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2024, 04:51 PM   #129
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Thanks for the update. and again happy for you the way it turned out.
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #130
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
All's well that ends well. Glad you got a satisfactory solution.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #131
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

OP, happy to not only see you got your end sorted but you also did a stand up job of providing updates. Love a thread that actually has an OP that sticks with it when the outcome is of value to the community. Good luck with whatever you get next.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #132
cascadez71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenV View Post
I received this letter on Friday from the Köln police. It gives some details on the theft that occurred in 2017. I see it gives a 30 minute window for the time of the theft. I would guess that someone grabbed the watch off the owners wrist. I wonder if this is why I had to take the watch into the AD twice to get the clasp adjusted, maybe it was damaged during the theft.

I will mail the purchase documentation I have to the Köln police. If they want to follow-up, they can contact the Munich store and get the details on who sold them the watch. It was stolen in June 2017, and I bought it from the dealer in October/November 2019. The person that sold it to them could not have had it for more than two years and a bit. This person may be able to give details on how they acquired the watch.

Maybe the original owner will have a chance to get their watch back after seven years.

At least for me, I was able to get my money back.

Thanks,

Ken
Glad it worked out. Thanks for sharing updates as the case progressed.

Just a head's up, your last name is visible in one of the reports you posted, may be worth it to redact.
cascadez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #133
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
I received this letter on Friday from the Köln police. It gives some details on the theft that occurred in 2017. I see it gives a 30 minute window for the time of the theft. I would guess that someone grabbed the watch off the owners wrist. I wonder if this is why I had to take the watch into the AD twice to get the clasp adjusted, maybe it was damaged during the theft.

I will mail the purchase documentation I have to the Köln police. If they want to follow-up, they can contact the Munich store and get the details on who sold them the watch. It was stolen in June 2017, and I bought it from the dealer in October/November 2019. The person that sold it to them could not have had it for more than two years and a bit. This person may be able to give details on how they acquired the watch.

Maybe the original owner will have a chance to get their watch back after seven years.

At least for me, I was able to get my money back.

Thanks,

Ken

Glad you got your money back and that the owner will likely get his watch back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #134
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
The gift that keeps on giving :)

Hopefully my last update on this topic. I received a letter from my local police asking me to come to the station and bring my documentation on my Rolex purchase. I printed all the emails to/from the Munich dealer and I was able to find the original Chrono24 ad.

I told the detective how I bought the watch etc. Since it was bought from a dealer, and not a private person, it was easier to show that I did not knowingly purchase a stolen item The file was sent from the Köln police to the Landshut police and now will be sent to the Munich police.

At least the police seems to be investigating the theft. The Munich dealer should have the name of who they bought that watch from, so they can keep moving along the purchase chain.

Ken
Thank you for posting all this. Love a happy ending! Congrats….
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #135
davek35
"TRF" Member

I'll admit... when the first post in this thread appeared, I read it and thought too much drama for me, and never read the thread any further.

This morning I saw this thread still rising to the top, so I decided to have a look....

Wow! What a story. I'm glad it worked out for the OP! It would be interesting to see what happens to the watch. But just happy it it is settled for the OP.
davek35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #136
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
I'm late to the party, but all three of my Rolex purchases in the past thirty years have been for gently used watches from trusted sellers, and upon receipt of these watches I immediately send them to the New York RSC for service. They always come back looking and working like new with a warranty card and paperwork reflecting what was done with my name on it. If, in a rare case when it's a stolen watch or one with non-genuine parts, I could confront the seller with the RSC's correspondence and resolve the issue within the seller's guarantee period.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite, Seiko SSC813 quartz solar powered chronograph
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote