The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 06:35 AM   #91
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkus View Post
Just got one on Thursday... No longer rare to me. LFG!

Awesome!
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #92
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Just because a product is mass produced, that doesn’t mean it’s plentiful. Pepsi is rare. Virtually nonexistent if you want to buy one at MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no shortage of them out there. Every major grey dealer has them in multiples. It’s a mass produced modern Rolex. You can try to move the goalposts with the MSRP statement but it doesn’t really matter. Not rare. Not scarce. Not going to be discontinued or any other rumor you want to believe.
ronricks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #93
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
AD’s are telling me that they can get a steel Daytona faster than a Pepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post

There’s no shortage of them out there. Every major grey dealer has them in multiples. It’s a mass produced modern Rolex. You can try to move the goalposts with the MSRP statement but it doesn’t really matter. Not rare. Not scarce. Not going to be discontinued or any other rumor you want to believe.

I’m not moving the goal post. You are. Watches being offered by a grey dealer at an exorbitant markup don’t count. That’s not the same thing as walking into an AD and paying MSRP. I’m not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

If anything, the grey market prices reflect that they are in fact rare and there is high demand for them.

Plus, I never said they’re going to get discontinued. I don’t believe that for a second.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #94
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by milgauss2232 View Post
Don’t believe that until the day I can trade my blro with a Daytona without top up
A white ceramic Daytona has always been on the top of my list. It’s the closest I’ll get to a modern 6263. I’ve always thought that if the Pepsi was discontinued and trading even with a white 126500, I’d make the trade.

Tried on a buddy’s white 126500 a few weeks ago and I no longer feel that way. My Pepsi feels much more special to me.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #95
BlondesNwatches
Banned

I find some enjoyment how some on here scream and shout that this Pepsi isn’t rare etc just because it’s mass produced and available at a 2x premium online. Many here may never want to get it from the grey market, hence they mentally took that channel out as a possibility. For them, it could be pretty rare to get at MSRP at their AD. No need to troll people on their interpretation or show how well you did in high school on understanding what is rare or not.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 PM   #96
MikeT

I’m very blessed!! Also have the best AD ever

MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:20 PM   #97
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
In terms of TRF subscribers, it’s not a rare watch obviously. We see them all the time on here, but that doesn’t mean they’re plentiful out in the real world.
Sure they are popular and demand is high. There are 900 of them for sale on C24. 370 2024 models on eBay. Obviously, some will be ghosts and duplicates.

There are 75 examples of my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT World Timer for sale on C24. 20 on eBay. My AD gets one, sometimes two of them per year.

This makes my Omega an order of magnitude less common than the BLRO. I can still buy one tomorrow, and at less than MSRP. It's rare by your parameters but relatively few people want it. Popularity and rarity are different things. I'd certainly call the BLRO difficult to get at MSRP but they are everywhere.

The BLNR is easy to get, my AD offered me one when I walked in. Does this make it less rare than the BLRO? It's been in production for longer but compared to the world population its production number is a grain of sand.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 PM   #98
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

It's rare to get one at MSRP I think is the statement
jaydav2306 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #99
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post