The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 November 2006, 07:31 PM   #1
hbk75
Banned

Called up one of the sales guy from my

local AD (biggest in singapore) and was told that the new gmt 116710? will probably come out next year? Makes me wondered if I should wait or but a 16710?

Ps: Posted wrongly into the watch gallery forum..
hbk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2006, 07:39 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk75 View Post
local AD (biggest in singapore) and was told that the new gmt 116710? will probably come out next year? Makes me wondered if I should wait or but a 16710?

Ps: Posted wrongly into the watch gallery forum..
According to my AD, Rolex would not make the mistake of bring out the new GMT-II in SS now. It would just about kill the sales of their new TT model as well as the current SS one. Makes sense to me.

I think your AD is misinformed, so don't expect any new SS GMT-II next year.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2006, 07:53 PM   #3
worktolivelife
"TRF" Member

just to give you fuel for thought JJ, the buzz in the trade, which when my AD actually spoke to the Rolex rep at basel 2006 WAS the next model to get the "treatment was the TT SUB!!!!!!, to quote the AD the Rolex rep didn't dispute nor confirm but a nod and a wink!!!! , i normally would take this with a pinch of salt like all unconfirmed rumours but he [the AD] actually "strongly" advised against even considering the TT SUB at this time for this reason, even with me stood there in front of him fondling the very same watch!

steve
worktolivelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2006, 08:19 PM   #4
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolivelife View Post
just to give you fuel for thought JJ, the buzz in the trade, which when my AD actually spoke to the Rolex rep at basel 2006 WAS the next model to get the "treatment was the TT SUB!!!!!!, to quote the AD the Rolex rep didn't dispute nor confirm but a nod and a wink!!!! , i normally would take this with a pinch of salt like all unconfirmed rumours but he [the AD] actually "strongly" advised against even considering the TT SUB at this time for this reason, even with me stood there in front of him fondling the very same watch!

steve
Steve, I've heard the same thing. Just have to wait and see.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2006, 09:01 PM   #5
hbk75
Banned

wow..sounds like they are gonna revamp the whole sports line..

JJ,

I think u may want to hold on to a tt sub purchase?
Old 22 November 2006, 12:50 AM   #6
joelwong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk75 View Post
wow..sounds like they are gonna revamp the whole sports line..

JJ,

I think u may want to hold on to a tt sub purchase?
They have done it for the Datejust line, I would suppose it's in the pipeline for professional line
joelwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2006, 12:56 AM   #7
hbk75
Banned

Joel,

But tool watch should not be too dressed up? I think I am gonna take a look at sinn watches..
Old 22 November 2006, 01:39 AM   #8
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolivelife View Post
i normally would take this with a pinch of salt like all unconfirmed rumours
steve
I would take anything that ANY Rolex AD has to say with a "pinch of salt" about this size:

Old 22 November 2006, 03:17 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
I would take anything that ANY Rolex AD has to say with a "pinch of salt" about this size:

Agreed!! Even though Al's quip might sound a wee bit exaggerated, no one, but no one at Rolex actually knows what's coming up next.

Even the top guy for this part of the world is unaware of the oncoming changes. Rumours abound....but they are just that - rumours.

I would be stupid to hold off on the purchase of my TT Blue Sub 'cause the price I'm getting it at would blow most of your guys socks clean off.

Besides, IF and when the new ones come out, they'll be at a ridiculously unaffordable price.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 22 November 2006, 05:48 AM   #10
D4UK
Banned

Watch: TT SUB LV GMTII
i too have heard rumours that the Sub range is upfor a revamp and that 1 of the subrange will be unveiled at Basel 2007 (possibly featuring a new colour) suppose we'll have to wait and see...

It's also strongely suggested that Basel 2007 will also see the SS GMTII unveiled... again I suppose we can only wait and see...
D4UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2006, 11:18 AM   #11
Lol-x
Facilitator

Seems like there are a few theories now:
1. SS Supercase GMTII;
2. TT Supercase Submariner;
3. SS Supercase non-date Submariner?

JJ. even if there is a new TT Sub next year like you say the price will be high and you may be waiting another 12 months. In the meantime you could enjoy the current model TT for a price you wont have to take out a second mortgage on your home. Whatever happens you can always make another deal later if you are inclined.
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2006, 04:54 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Seems like there are a few theories now:
1. SS Supercase GMTII;
2. TT Supercase Submariner;
3. SS Supercase non-date Submariner?

JJ. even if there is a new TT Sub next year like you say the price will be high and you may be waiting another 12 months. In the meantime you could enjoy the current model TT for a price you wont have to take out a second mortgage on your home. Whatever happens you can always make another deal later if you are inclined.
That's right, Stephen. My AD is still giving it to me at the old price + a good discount!! The price I'm getting it at now is probably the best anywhere in the whole damn world!!!