The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 January 2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Tulex mop diamond dial 18kt gold and stainless

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-TUDOR-MOP-...item19b9725a1d
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2010, 02:09 PM   #2
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Oh....That's stunning.....Safetrends...It's all you...
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2010, 02:55 PM   #3
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...good find David...time for da "TIN BIN"...

tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2010, 10:55 PM   #4
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
trademark infringement!

idk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2010, 11:48 PM   #5
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

GONERZ!

Great find...
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 01:12 AM   #6
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Old 25 January 2010, 11:21 AM   #7
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

My wife has the EXACT same watch only the ladies version. I understand it to be a Californian Tudor. The Rolex service center told us it's an authentic Tudor Princess with a Tudor ETA movement but the dial was fake. They offered to replace it with an authentic Tudor dial for the cost of about $800 - $375 for service, $240 for the dial and another $200 for a new set of hands. They gave me some story that they have to replace the hands when they replace the dial(???). I opted for just the service.
jnmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 12:01 PM   #8
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...hard to believe the RSC worked on it with a FAKE dial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmarshall View Post
My wife has the EXACT same watch only the ladies version. I understand it to be a Californian Tudor. The Rolex service center told us it's an authentic Tudor Princess with a Tudor ETA movement but the dial was fake. They offered to replace it with an authentic Tudor dial for the cost of about $800 - $375 for service, $240 for the dial and another $200 for a new set of hands. They gave me some story that they have to replace the hands when they replace the dial(???). I opted for just the service.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:13 PM   #9
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorman8276 View Post
x2....

I would imagine if you wanted the service you would HAVE to replace the dial.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Safetrends
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorman8276 View Post
I agree, since I have been on TRF I have learned a lot about Rolex and Tudor. Both are owned by Rolex however they are seperate, like Lincoln and Ford. A Rolex Crown on a Tudor dial is a copyright infringment. That is why I call it a Tulex and other TRF members call it something else. What it comes down to is some sellers on Ebay try to pass it off as a real authentic Rolex, just like a Ford Focus being passed off as a Lincoln Focus.

Tudor is still a very good watch and I am not bashing the watch. just the people who make it into something other than a Tudor.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:19 PM   #11
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...the POINT is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
I agree, since I have been on TRF I have learned a lot about Rolex and Tudor. Both are owned by Rolex however they are seperate, like Lincoln and Ford. A Rolex Crown on a Tudor dial is a copyright infringment. That is why I call it a Tulex and other TRF members call it something else. What it comes down to is some sellers on Ebay try to pass it off as a real authentic Rolex, just like a Ford Focus being passed off as a Lincoln Focus.

Tudor is still a very good watch and I am not bashing the watch. just the people who make it into something other than a Tudor.
...someone said that they RECEIVED service for one with a FAKE dial from an RSC.

...I do NOT believe an RSC would service it with the FAKE DIAL unless they agreed to a correct replacement.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:32 PM   #12
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Quote:
You could buy this one and have two...
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 12:36 PM   #13
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
You could buy this one and have two...
Naw. One is enough. I'd put the correct dial on it but at $800 thats more than I feel the watch is worth.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:39 PM   #14
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
x2....

I would imagine if you wanted the service you would HAVE to replace the dial.
No, they serviced it for $375 which included a new crown and tube. They also had to replace a main spring and something else when they got into it. It cost $500 for the service and repair. It still has the fake dial. But it keeps perfect time now.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:44 PM   #15
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You have to wonder.... Why is a Rolex crown on the dial a copyright infringement when the Rolex crown on the winder is not?
Old 25 January 2010, 12:46 PM   #16
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

To all, I do realize the dial is fake plain and simple. I'm just simply saying I (my wife really) has such a Tudor.
Old 25 January 2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Safetrends
Banned

Quote:
To all, I do realize the dial is fake plain and simple. I'm just simply saying I (my wife really) has such a Tudor.
I want to say that we are not bashing you, it is education on TRF that is important here. I am learning every time I am here and I hope you will also. When you learn something like the dial suitation you can deal with it however you choose to.

Ebay has several authentic dials that are not re-done and they are at a fair price, if you do want to change the dial it would not be a big undertaking. I found a authentic Rolex dial for about 150.00 euro and it is like new.

Best to you.
Old 25 January 2010, 01:23 PM   #18
Earl Camembert
Banned

I took a Day-Date to Rolex USA. It has the original dial but it had been refinished. Rolex insisted that the dial had to be replaced or they would not service it. Perhaps they are not so protective of the Tudor brand.
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 01:27 PM   #19
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Quote:
I want to say that we are not bashing you, it is education on TRF that is important here. I am learning every time I am here and I hope you will also. When you learn something like the dial suitation you can deal with it however you choose to.

Ebay has several authentic dials that are not re-done and they are at a fair price, if you do want to change the dial it would not be a big undertaking. I found a authentic Rolex dial for about 150.00 euro and it is like new.

Best to you.
What we ought to do is by p/m provide him with some of the eBay listings for the real thing.
Old 25 January 2010, 10:00 PM   #20
idk01
"TRF" Member

Tudor brand watches have the case, winding crown and in some cases the clasp supplied by Rolex, showing Rolex trademarking and on the caseback you'll see Rolex case supplied by Rolex, you will never see any Rolex trademarking on the dial and movement, in many cases the dial is changed to Rolex to increase the resale value of the watch, Any Rolex RSC will not let that pass through their fingers for a service as it breaks any of the cardinal rules they have set for authenticity.

I'm quite surprised the watch was returned giving you the choice of paying for a dial replacement, I have not known anyone given that choice at all, its usually done way before you see the watch and at your expense.

Old 25 January 2010, 10:30 PM   #21
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Best to you.
In my case it's an authentic Tudor dial that is needed. Unless you are suggesting putting an authentic Rolex dial on a Tudor? I wouldn't think that would make it any better as to be faked. Maybe someday. Just not worth the expense right now as already indicated.
Old 25 January 2010, 11:29 PM   #22
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Looks like something our friends at a certain gray dealer in metro L A would do. They are well known for pimping a perfectly good watch and destroying it's value. Their eBay listings are full of their handy work.
Old 26 January 2010, 12:22 AM   #23
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

We got it from La Jolla Jewelry in '06. They are still very prominent on ebay.
La Jolla Jewelry
Old 26 January 2010, 12:56 AM   #24
Safetrends
Banned

Quote:
In my case it's an authentic Tudor dial that is needed. Unless you are suggesting putting an authentic Rolex dial on a Tudor? I wouldn't think that would make it any better as to be faked. Maybe someday. Just not worth the expense right now as already indicated.
You mis-understood me, I was giving you a cost factor on my Rolex dial. Tudor has some on Ebay at a reasonable price, Rolex it is much more $$$ for parts than Tudor. Another example is movements for Tudor are under the 900.00 range as Rolex starts at 1,400.00 and up.

BTW: Thanks for the heads up about La Jolla I will keep an eye on them for any more fake dials.
Old 26 January 2010, 12:59 AM   #25
Safetrends
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk01 View Post
Tudor brand watches have the case, winding crown and in some cases the clasp supplied by Rolex, showing Rolex trademarking and on the caseback you'll see Rolex case supplied by Rolex, you will never see any Rolex trademarking on the dial and movement, in many cases the dial is changed to Rolex to increase the resale value of the watch, Any Rolex RSC will not let that pass through their fingers for a service as it breaks any of the cardinal rules they have set for authenticity.

I'm quite surprised the watch was returned giving you the choice of paying for a dial replacement, I have not known anyone given that choice at all, its usually done way before you see the watch and at your expense.

Good morning Dave nice to see you today have your coffee in you and ready to go?
Old 26 January 2010, 01:10 AM   #26
idk01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good morning Dave nice to see you today have your coffee in you and ready to go?
Always have a coffee on hand :-) in the car, bathroom you name it hahaha

Old 26 January 2010, 01:23 AM   #27
jnmarshall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You mis-understood me, I was giving you a cost factor on my Rolex dial. Tudor has some on Ebay at a reasonable price, Rolex it is much more $$$ for parts than Tudor. Another example is movements for Tudor are under the 900.00 range as Rolex starts at 1,400.00 and up.

BTW: Thanks for the heads up about La Jolla I will keep an eye on them for any more fake dials.
Ah, yes. You are right Tudor prices are cheaper and I have seen Tudor dials and they usually are only about $50-$60. I haven't seen any for a ladies though. And I only search for US sellers. And even for the men's they don't show up as often or in quantity as a rolex either.

If one pops up maybe someone can pm me the link:) Thanks!
Old 26 January 2010, 01:36 AM   #28
idk01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah, yes. You are right Tudor prices are cheaper and I have seen Tudor dials and they usually are only about $50-$60. I haven't seen any for a ladies though. And I only search for US sellers. And even for the men's they don't show up as often or in quantity as a rolex either.

If one pops up maybe someone can pm me the link:) Thanks!
Get in contact with Steve Mulholland (stevemulholland3) here on TRF, he may be able to point you in the right direction, I know he deals in many Tudors and might know a good source

Old 26 January 2010, 05:28 AM   #29
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We got it from La Jolla Jewelry in '06. They are still very prominent on ebay.
La Jolla Jewelry
I was referring to the one in Anaheim ...........