The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 February 2010, 02:54 PM   #31
outtatime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Hmmm... Something's odd... The OP originally received this watch quite a few days ago, from what I understand, and just now he sees the gouges on the lugs?
Not everything is immediately visible in my experience. But fair enough, I'll say more about it...regardless of what happens. Thanks everyone for listening.

Mods, can you please lock this thread?
Old 16 February 2010, 05:24 PM   #32
the KING
"TRF" Member

This is obvious not brand new. Did you buy the watch with stickers on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post
here's a couple pics of what i'm talking about:

Old 16 February 2010, 05:32 PM   #33
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Quote:
Originally Posted by the KING View Post
This is obvious not brand new. Did you buy the watch with stickers on it?
My question exactly. Roli's come with all manner of protective plastic all over them. They are impossible to "put back on". If they were in place, you got a "BN" watch. Period. BTW, the seller here has impeccable TRF cred.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
Old 16 February 2010, 10:56 PM   #34
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
My question exactly. Roli's come with all manner of protective plastic all over them. They are impossible to "put back on". If they were in place, you got a "BN" watch. Period. BTW, the seller here has impeccable TRF cred.
i agree..... BNIB... means ALL plastic in place..... was there any plastic missing at all????
Old 16 February 2010, 10:59 PM   #35
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

lets give the seller the benefit of the doubt.... and lets say the gouges werent there... how can u ever explain a loose bracelet on a BNIB watch.... impossible..... i would like to see a picture of the bracelet....
Old 16 February 2010, 11:25 PM   #36
mrh1797
Banned

Watch: Love em' all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post
Not everything is immediately visible in my experience. But fair enough, I'll say more about it...regardless of what happens. Thanks everyone for listening.

Mods, can you please lock this thread?
Sooooo....YOU start this thread asking peoples opinions...have a watch for 3 days before you realize it has "issues" then you ask mods to close the thread you started because you want to work it out with the seller????

Dude...why not do that in the first place??? You opened this can and potentially put a ding in the reputation of not only one the best sellers here but one of the best individuals here period!

It is not rocket science to be able to go back and see who sold this watch.

IMO you could of handled this more professionally...IN PRIVATE! The manner in which you approached this leads me to question the validity of the accusation.

Trust me...if the seller was wrong he will admit it and make it right...that is the type of guy he is...but to bus roll him with this thread is not cool
Old 16 February 2010, 11:33 PM   #37
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Nah.... I'm crying FOUL here, plain and simple. Something is not right. OP, judging from the pics you posted, there was no way in bloody hell that you couldn't see those gouges. That would have been the very first thing I notice. It is right there, on the front of the watch! These aren't microscopic, nor are they concealed.

If the seller had issues of not properly describing items in the past, I would give your claim consideration. But in this case specifically, IMO, you're out of line. Like Matt said, you should have handled this in private. That is, IF there's anything to handle. When you buy a BNIB watch, certain things are to be expected upon initial examination - if it does not meet those expectations, you should have said something the day you received it. To the best of my memory, you were tickled to death with your new watch. So really, what gives?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 16 February 2010, 11:43 PM   #38
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I see you did a trade with Bodybump - solid TRFer - for an LV. The pics on the sales forum did not show such discrepancies.

Talk to him and find out...

Do not let this linger, Bodybump is SOLID!
Old 16 February 2010, 11:49 PM   #39
Rscmaine
"TRF" Member

Watch: me pull a rabbit..
Quote:
Nah.... I'm crying FOUL here, plain and simple. Something is not right. OP, judging from the pics you posted, there was no way in bloody hell that you couldn't see those gouges. That would have been the very first thing I notice. It is right there, on the front of the watch! These aren't microscopic, nor are they concealed.

If the seller had issues of not properly describing items in the past, I would give your claim consideration. But in this case specifically, IMO, you're out of line. Like Matt said, you should have handled this in private. That is, IF there's anything to handle. When you buy a BNIB watch, certain things are to be expected upon initial examination - if it does not meet those expectations, you should have said something the day you received it. To the best of my memory, you were tickled to death with your new watch. So really, what gives?
11,500 posts versus 32 posts - who has the longer reputation for truth and fair dealing?

I cannot believe that Oscar would omit telling about a gouge on the lug at 7 - it would be madness - that is the part of the watch which is right in your face the minute you put it on. Yet you didn't see it for a week?

I'm with Greg on this one.

Fess up - how did you scratch the lug?
Old 16 February 2010, 11:54 PM   #40
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgiants View Post
lets give the seller the benefit of the doubt....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh1797 View Post

Sooooo....YOU start this thread asking peoples opinions..

It is not rocket science to be able to go back and see who sold this watch.

IMO you could of handled this more professionally...IN PRIVATE! The manner
Quote:
Nah.... I'm crying FOUL here, plain and simple. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
I see you did a trade with Bodybump - solid
Glad to see you guys jump aboard. Minute I saw it was Oscar, I started looking askance at the whole narrative.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
Old 17 February 2010, 12:27 AM   #41
Rollieboy

Watch: 16600
I think you guys are rather naive in defending a solid seller like there's no truth in the OP's sayings. It is possible that the OP didn't see these, if he was not paying attention to it. I bought a BNIB 16610, and I didn't see some small stuff until a few days after getting the watch, and I didn't wear it during that time.

It is possible that the solid seller has this time sold something that had these little marks on it. It's not always so that you can pass judgement based on a bloody post count!

I would say the OP was not out of line, and he didn't talk bad about the seller at all. Just wanted to ask opinion on these markings on the watch. I think you are out of line here, and should just sit back and wait to see the outcome of it, before passing judgement one way or the other.

- Rollieboy
Old 17 February 2010, 12:31 AM   #42
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Wow, talk about a tough crowd. Give the OP some leeway folks, he never mentioned the sellers name, other people did. Talk about blood in the water. I am sure both parties will get it handled but no need to start jumping all over people. Pretty uncalled for as NONE of us know the truth except the buyer and seller.

No need for a witch-hunt here. It doesn't accomplish anything.
Old 17 February 2010, 12:34 AM   #43
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
I hope that you get resolution..

Remembe3r though..there is no such thing aas BNIB except froman Authorized Dealer..all else is a re-sell, so it has been handled by somebody and there is always room for a defect......... these are easily rectified...

...But, you should always get what was advertised.....

There is way too much speculation on what should or should not have been/could be done...

............everybody go take a chill pill.............
Closed Thread