The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 March 2007, 01:44 AM   #91
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

Welcome To TRF Verolex !! You will enjoy it on the friendlyest forum on the net
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 01:48 AM   #92
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
A famous saying about Harleys reads: "If we have to explain, you wouldn't understand." It applies here.
Old 2 March 2007, 02:17 AM   #93
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
Well I don't care what people think, I never bought a Rolex to impress anyone. Usually only watch collectors like me check out other peoples watches anyway. If there are fakes all around I don't care, I don't carry my Rolex paperwork with me incase someone questions my watches authenticity.

More people can afford Rolex today than 10-15 years ago because the economy is better and the average man/woman can afford a nice watch if they want one. When you look at the BIG PICTURE a Rolex is inexpensive when compared to the price of a Ford, Honda or Toyota If you don’t like Rolex or if you have issues with it than why are you on a Rolex forum site?

I had a Breitling Super ocean once, I was pleased to sell it as it was a watch not worth the price I paid for it, I see Breitling as more hype and advertising while their watches are of a lessor quality. My Super Ocean broke twice within one year and it was fixed by the factory twice. Both times the factory admitted it was a factory defect, Breitling sent me some chocolates to apologize the chocolates were as poor as the watch. To each his own what is understood does not need to be discussed.
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 02:31 AM   #94
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstylianou View Post
Welcome To TRF Verolex !! You will enjoy it on the friendlyest forum on the net
He joined ages ago!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 10:03 AM   #95
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by verolex View Post
Dear all,

Today is the first time I visited this forum, and the first thing popped in my eye is the Ad on every page on the bottom:
Replica Watch Report...wooow... I was wondering why???... The reason is that there are waaaaay to many fake Rolexes around!! I have heard that every 2 rolexes out of 3 are fakes :(((
Is Rolex really so popular? why so many people like this extremely overpriced watch brand that has a soo simple design that can be copied even by the cheapest chinese workshop?
In the recent weeks and months I took the time to see what brand of watches people are wearing. I have seen many Rolexes originals and cheap but good quality fakes too.
As I see it owning a Rolex is not a prestige anymore... Maybe 15 - 20 years ago... but not anymore...

Just common sense why would I buy a watch that has sooo many fake versions around it just doesn't make sense... and pay a horrible high price for this mass produced brand...

You may ask what kind of watch I own... A few months ago I bought a Breitling Evolution (two toned version)...... The watch is well recognized and unique, I love it!!!
I have not seen any fakes around too.
My question for you dear Rolex experts:why so many people can still be blinded by the fading shine of the Rolex brand? what is the secret??

With respect,
Verolex
You wear a Breitling that doesn't even use an in-house movement, not to mention is completely over-sized and, in my opinion, one of the ugliest watches available. So how can you come on this great forum and put down the most prestigious and recognised brand in the world of watches?
If you don't even own an iconic, timeless, classic Rolex and all you want to do is be critical of the brand, then go to another forum where they worship the gaudy brand of breitling and don't bother those of us who openly discuss the brand we all love.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
A. Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 10:05 AM   #96
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Jacobs View Post
You wear a Breitling that doesn't even use an in-house movement, not to mention is completely over-sized and, in my opinion, one of the ugliest watches available. So how can you come on this great forum and put down the most prestigious and recognised brand in the world of watches?
If you don't even own an iconic, timeless, classic Rolex and all you want to do is be critical of the brand, then go to another forum where they worship the gaudy brand of breitling and don't bother those of us who openly discuss the brand we all love.
Breitling is a good brand and not all of them are gaudy.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 10:40 AM   #97
zeppe19avr

Watch: Sea-dweller Z ser.
I don't think you're on the right website with your ideas and thoughts.
zeppe19avr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 10:43 AM   #98
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Breitling is a good brand and not all of them are gaudy.
Well, you DO like rado, so forgive me for not taking you seriously.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
A. Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 10:50 AM   #99
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I bought a Breitling Hercules on the spur of the moment and regretted it fairly quickly.

Flipped it and lost a packet.

I will not be buying a Breitling again.
Old 2 March 2007, 03:42 PM   #100
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I bought a Breitling Hercules on the spur of the moment and regretted it fairly quickly.

I will not be buying a Breitling again.
I bought a Colt last year.

I will not be buying a Breitling again either.
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 03:46 PM   #101
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Bought a Breitling Colt Chronograph 10 years ago and still have it!
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 03:58 PM   #102
IQ Publishing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verolex View Post
Dear all,

Today is the first time I visited this forum, and the first thing popped in my eye is the Ad on every page on the bottom:
Replica Watch Report...wooow... I was wondering why???... The reason is that there are waaaaay to many fake Rolexes around!! I have heard that every 2 rolexes out of 3 are fakes :(((
Is Rolex really so popular? why so many people like this extremely overpriced watch brand that has a soo simple design that can be copied even by the cheapest chinese workshop?
In the recent weeks and months I took the time to see what brand of watches people are wearing. I have seen many Rolexes originals and cheap but good quality fakes too.
As I see it owning a Rolex is not a prestige anymore... Maybe 15 - 20 years ago... but not anymore...

Just common sense why would I buy a watch that has sooo many fake versions around it just doesn't make sense... and pay a horrible high price for this mass produced brand...

You may ask what kind of watch I own... A few months ago I bought a Breitling Evolution (two toned version)...... The watch is well recognized and unique, I love it!!!
I have not seen any fakes around too.
My question for you dear Rolex experts:why so many people can still be blinded by the fading shine of the Rolex brand? what is the secret??

With respect,
Verolex

If you have to ask... you just don't understand.
IQ Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 07:53 PM   #103
amanda
Banned

Guys this thread was started a year ago, you do realise that? I'm sure verolex has disapeared ages ago!

And for $1000 you can just about get a nice Tudor Submariner, as close as you can get to a Rolex Sub.... nice watch, I'd like one in 36mm if anyone has one under their pillow!!!
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 11:02 PM   #104
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
Guys this thread was started a year ago, you do realise that? I'm sure verolex has disapeared ages ago!

And for $1000 you can just about get a nice Tudor Submariner, as close as you can get to a Rolex Sub.... nice watch, I'd like one in 36mm if anyone has one under their pillow!!!

Tell me where U can get one in OZ Amanda?
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2007, 11:35 PM   #105
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
I have spent much time in studying all I can about Rolex. I have educated myself, and with the help of my Forum family!, to be able to spot fake from real Rolex's. This whole world is full of scams and fakes, why just pick on Rolex!