The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2007, 11:43 AM   #1
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
My Trip to the Dallas RSC

I decided to stop by the Dallas RSC today to get my LV regulated since the +8 seconds daily was getting to me. Supposedly it wouldn't take that long to have it taken care of.

I don't know why, but I felt a little bit overwhelmed and intimidated when I got there. I know it's just a building, but there's something about it with how it was designed. Of course the fact that the first thing I see when the elevator opened up was this big guy of a security guard (although you wouldn't know he was one because he was dressed well) which added to the intimidation factor. He was polite and told me to goto the 6th floor for service.

The decor was very modernistic and nice, although simplistic and sparse at the same time. The lady at the service desk was very nice as well. She took my LV to a technician somewhere in the back and came back 15 mins later saying that it's unusual for such a new watch to gain that much time and that it would take a few weeks to regulate it. At that time, I decided I might as well have it done since I was there. So she disappeared in the back again and I waited as the paperwork was getting written up. I helped myself to some Perrier and chocolates as I looked though the Cellini booklet. Those are some beauts.

There was only 2 people when I came in and they left shortly afterwards. But as I waited about 3 more people came in. An older gentleman who was bringing his wife's Rolex for service, a young brunette for her Rolex and a young blonde whose fiancee's Rolex had stopped and they wanted it fixed by this weekend for their wedding. Apparently that wasn't going to happen since I overheard that they deal with about a 100 watches a day.

The lady came back with my paperwork and told me it would take about 2 weeks which I was happy about although I still don't like the idea of not having my Rolex for that long. I guess the Tissot gets to be on the wrist again. They will also take care of my small scratch on the case for free as well. The only thing that bothered me was that value my LV at $4000 USD for coverage while it gets work on at the RSC. So if it gets lost, I only get $4000? That doesn't sound right since the thing is not even 5 months old and in great condition.

So now I have to wait 2 weeks. *sigh*
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2007, 11:56 AM   #2
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
2 weeks is not bad! a send in to a RSC is between 4 - 6 weeks. Hang in RSC does a superb job.