The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2011, 10:04 PM   #1
gjz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust ii
ever wonder

Well I have been thinking and wondering if anyone else is, why Breitling does not employ a more aggressive approach to advertising and flaughting their history.
so my thinking made me look, and all the watch magazines I have nothing is ever said of Breitling. but almost all have some mention of rolex, and most of omega and Pams ( what i think are the closest competitors for Big B)
Rolex boasts every chance they get about there water proofness and deepest watch, omega boast about 1st watch on the moon ( what about 1st watch in space) any other thoughs about why Breitling wants to stay quite amongst loudmouths
gjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2011, 01:01 AM   #2
tylerad1
"TRF" Member

maybe they prefer to let the watch speak for itself.....
tylerad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2011, 02:16 AM   #3
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjz View Post
Well I have been thinking and wondering if anyone else is, why Breitling does not employ a more aggressive approach to advertising and flaughting their history.
so my thinking made me look, and all the watch magazines I have nothing is ever said of Breitling. but almost all have some mention of rolex, and most of omega and Pams ( what i think are the closest competitors for Big B)
Rolex boasts every chance they get about there water proofness and deepest watch, omega boast about 1st watch on the moon ( what about 1st watch in space) any other thoughs about why Breitling wants to stay quite amongst loudmouths
i think Breitling does some good advertising. They are the only watch company in the world with their own aviation team and they 1 of2 special passenger jets left in the world i believe (forget the name of the plane). Also take a look at their ambassadors http://www.breitlingsource.com/ambas...ebrities.shtml
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2011, 06:54 AM   #4
gjz
"TRF" Member

f

ooh don't get me wrong I ment not to say that they do not advertise, rather they do not flaunt their history, and as far as their ambassadors go unlike Patek they don't utilize famous persons who wear the brand to sell it, a good point on this is Bruce Willis, I saw a IWC add with him in a watch mag a couple months back. both the photo of him in the IWC and the Breitling were in movies, but IWC chooses to point it out to consumers, were as Breitling lets us figure it out on our own. Within the Flight community they and their history is very well known, but outside it is not, I have been around the brand for since I can remember I'm 33 and have known of them since my mother bought her lady J, and then my fathers quarts crono cockpit. but if were not for both my parents wanting a suitable fly and dive watch 20 years ago I prob would never have herd of them either. of course my parents have been content with theirs for 20+ years and I bought my 1st last may and now own 2.
Old 15 May 2011, 08:46 AM   #5
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
There are Breitling billboards all over Central Florida.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2011, 12:27 PM   #6
gjz
"TRF" Member

sorry

sorry guess i was looking for conversation via blog, apparently this is just a site to point out inconsistency and nit pic. I must be mistaken Breitling is just as boisterous as other brands.
Old 15 May 2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Dickson Lim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjz View Post
sorry guess i was looking for conversation via blog, apparently this is just a site to point out inconsistency and nit pic. I must be mistaken Breitling is just as boisterous as other brands.
It's okay this site is surely a place to learn and share. Breitling has surely done some good advertising. In my country, though you can't see a lot of shops that sell Breitling, but most of the magazines I bought surely has it ads.
Happy watching!
Dickson Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Wisconsin Proud

Open just about any car magazine and Breitling advertises in it. They always advertise in DupOnt Registry.

But I agree they don't do many ads in watch magazines but do quite a few in trade magazines..
Wisconsin Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2011, 10:32 AM   #9
BigMac53
"TRF" Member

I find that the ads they have do actually "flaunt" their aviation history. However, as another had mentioned, they do have a very "strict" campaign, in that they only advertise in very specific outlets, such as men's magazines and such.
BigMac53 is offline   Reply With Quote