The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 July 2011, 12:34 PM   #31
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Govberg Jewelers in Philadelphia.

For me, whenver I need something, I make a call to George Mayer and everything is taken care of. I met him 3 years ago looking for my Breitling and we basically talk everyday. I consider him more of a friend than an AD. I finally made the trip out to Philadelphia last month with my wife and we had a wonderful time with George and also Danny and Brian Govberg. Our days with work and a commute are long, so it's nice to make a call and have a watch shipped to me the next day.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2011, 05:23 PM   #32
dreamwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Hulk
Shout out to MAYORS!!! They treated me Like gold and didn't seem to mind that I was severely undecided. Got my first and only Rolex from them.
dreamwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2011, 05:42 PM   #33
drdenn
Banned

Watch: Rolex Sub C 116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Sorry everyone, but mine is definitely the BEST AD in the whole world! Ben Bridge in UTC mall in San Diego. The staff there is CLASS act, and have done so much for me over the years it would take another forum to list it all.
I have purchased multiple Rolex watches from this location over the years, and have to say that my experiences have been really good w/ them as well!
drdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2011, 07:32 PM   #34
richarda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
Any UK guys/gals I highly recommend Eatons in the Westfield centre Derby.
Thats 2 for Eatons. Great service.
richarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2011, 07:41 PM   #35
s3simon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622, 116710LN
Jamieson and Carry in Aberdeen, UK great service always well looked after and they couldnt do enough for you when your in. Got a great deal on my GMT IIc on saturday and had my Yachtmaster refinished for free
s3simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2011, 10:24 PM   #36
Watch Professor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC; Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Not an AD story, but close.
Many years ago before good fakes were common, I was in the Rolex service center in Toronto to have my watch adjusted. They tell me they can do it immediately, to please take a seat. There were a few of us waiting, and this woman comes in and goes up to the counter with a watch to be repaired. The Rolex employee looks at it carefully, goes in the back with it for a second, then comes out and apologizes to the woman saying unfortunately they can't repair her watch. Right away she gets huffy, and in a loudish voice says "What do you mean you can't repair it? It's brand new I just got it as a gift from my husband and it stopped!" The technician who is trying to be very discreet, suggests that perhaps she ask her husband where he bought it, and maybe they could advise him on the issue. She is not getting any of it, so she now starts almost yelling at him; "What kind of nonsense are are you trying to give me here? A new Rolex is guaranteed isn't it? This is the Rolex repair center isn't it? This watch is brand new and cost my husband a lot of money, what do you mean you can't fix my Rolex?! The technician then quietly says "Madam, we do repair Rolex' here, but we can only repair genuine Rolex', you should speak with your husband." She is about to yell again, but then it finally clicks! She turns bright red, grabs the watch from him, says "OK, thank you" and leaves.
Based on her reaction, I'm guessing that maybe it was not the first time that her husband had tried to pull a fast one on her?

Paul
I had a similar experience at the RSC in NY. A man was told that his Sub was a fake.
Old 6 July 2011, 10:25 PM   #37
Watch Professor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC; Sub Date
I had an excellent experience in buying my GMT IIC from Alex at Tourneau in the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, NY.
Old 6 July 2011, 11:39 PM   #38
gqllc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Bezel SubC
I have had multiple success at nFox Jewelers in Saratoga Springs NY with the owner Harvey and the manager Chrissy. I know of at least 3 or 4 other forum members who have purchased from them as well!
Old 7 July 2011, 02:05 AM   #39
A.J.R.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBC, DJII
Skeies Jewelers in Eugene, Oregon. Great staff! Complemented me on my Baume and Mercier before we started talking Rolex. Explained to me the differences between the previous model Submariner and the Sub C I eventually purchased. I would buy a new Rolex from them in a second.
Old 7 July 2011, 04:00 AM   #40
scarab007
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona
Royal Maui Jewelers in San Diego. Recently purchased my watch through them after looking on Rolex.com to see authorized Dealers. Staff was real good and had my Daytona ready to buy. I think someone mentioned Ben Bridge in UTC mall? They are good as well, but the Ben Bridge in Fashion Valley Mall sucks. Staff is bit rude at times and not helpfull. Stick with these two places if in San Diego and you should be just fine. Royal Maui also had a ton of watches in stock to look at and try on.

Suite 390
7007 Friars Road
San Diego 92108
California
United States
scarab007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 04:05 AM   #41
mjm800
"TRF" Member

The people at Ben Bridge Time Works Ala Moana, Honolulu are very nice and knowledgeable. Unfortunately their hands are tied as far as discounts on Rolex but they are really good people.
Old 7 July 2011, 04:09 AM   #42
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
A great AD is like the Easter Bunny.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 06:34 AM   #43
leemozoid
Banned

Watch: TT F 16613 bluesy
I highly recommend Justice Jewelers in Springfield, MO. In 2003 when I decided to make my 1st Rolex purchase they were wonderful to work with. Every visit thereafter they made it a point when I came in to offer to clean the watch while I waited and even did the 5 year overhaul at no cost since I purchased it there.
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 07:19 AM   #44
billyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
Any UK guys/gals I highly recommend Eatons in the Westfield centre Derby.
X2... Great service, genuine friendly sales people, got my DSSD from them
billyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 07:33 AM   #45
Rolex-Girl

Morre Lyons jewelers in Clifton, NJ. The Manager Ron Nadel is wonderful to deal with and so helpful. They were recommended by someone on this forum and I was so impressed I want to pass on the recommendation. This AD blows by previous local (now closed) AD right out of the water. Give them a call.
Rolex-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 07:39 AM   #46
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

Put a plug in for my AD:

Katie Bristol (Bellevue Store Manager)
Alvin Goldfarb Jeweler in
Bellevue, WA
katie@agjeweler.com

305 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue WA 98004
Old 7 July 2011, 02:55 PM   #47
Duffs4me
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wg panda, wg sub
My votes go to Rubel Jewelers at Mission Viejo Mall in OC, Ca and Swiss time Watches in La Jolla, both awesome.
Duffs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 07:44 PM   #48
mailman
TRF Moderator & SUBMARINER 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqllc View Post
I have had multiple success at nFox Jewelers in Saratoga Springs NY with the owner Harvey and the manager Chrissy. I know of at least 3 or 4 other forum members who have purchased from them as well!
Great people here
Old 7 July 2011, 07:47 PM   #49
aquanaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3simon View Post
Jamieson and Carry in Aberdeen, UK great service always well looked after and they couldnt do enough for you when your in. Got a great deal on my GMT IIc on saturday and had my Yachtmaster refinished for free
Aye, Jamieson's are good. Bought an engagement ring from them this year so they had the champagne out etc. They are holding something for me when i get back from offshore. Not known them to give much in discounts. Was GMT pre-owned? How much discount did you get?
aquanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2011, 08:32 PM   #50
ExpII
Banned

Watch: Milgauss, PAM 359
Lux Bond & Green in Boston. Great sales staff, not pushy and very knowledgable.
ExpII is offline   Reply With Quote