The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 28 September 2011, 03:06 AM   #1
D7240
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oyster Perpetual D
LEC on replicas?

Hello, new to the forum here....I've been browsing the forum for a while, and I've even purchased a watch on the classified section. This is my first real post so here it goes....

I've been studying Rolex for a month or two and it seems to me that one of the more reliable method of seeking out high quality replicas vs the real deal is looking at the LEC (on the newer watches of course). The replicas tend to have very obvious crowns that are easily visible to the naked eye, where as the real Rolex has LEC that requires loupes or VERY careful observation in the light to visualize it.

My question is has anyone here on the forum seen a replica that has a legitamate looking LEC? Also, would it be possible to switch out the fake crystal with the real deal?

Padi Edit
One of the rules of TRF is that we do not discuss fake replicas of any sort especially in the Rolex watch only forum.Might I suggest you read and digest the forum rules before you post again on any subject.

Old 28 September 2011, 03:09 AM   #2
drtooth73
Banned

Watch: TT GMT IIC
There are special forums, that focus on replicas.
Perhaps you should inquire there, its def easy to replace a crystal.
Old 28 September 2011, 03:14 AM   #3
gqllc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Bezel SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by D7240 View Post
Hello, new to the forum here....I've been browsing the forum for a while, and I've even purchased a watch on the classified section. This is my first real post so here it goes....

I've been studying Rolex for a month or two and it seems to me that one of the more reliable method of seeking out high quality replicas vs the real deal is looking at the LEC (on the newer watches of course). The replicas tend to have very obvious crowns that are easily visible to the naked eye, where as the real Rolex has LEC that requires loupes or VERY careful observation in the light to visualize it.

My question is has anyone here on the forum seen a replica that has a legitamate looking LEC? Also, would it be possible to switch out the fake crystal with the real deal?
yes and yes....