The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 8 November 2011, 09:53 PM   #1
noveske
"TRF" Member

New to Rolex any and all help appreciated

Hello gentlemen I recently inherited two Rolex wrist watches and would ask a little help on identifying exactly what i have as I am new to Rolex, these are my first and second Rolex, lol. The first is a stainless steel bubble back, the face reads Rolex oyster chronometer the back of the case reads brevet 104385 3134. The movement reads Rolex Auto Rotor 96401 swiss made patented super balance, inside the watch back it is marked Oyster watch co. geneva-swiss Great Britain patents Swiss patents French patents USA patents and German patents. There are also two hallmarks inside the case back one is a crown with the letters SAR inside of a "tombstone" the second is a parachute with the letters RM inside of an oval. It was estimated circa 1941 by a local Rolex dealer.

The second watch is a lady's, the face is marked Tudor Oyster Shock-Resisting. On the back is marked 7905 202502, and between the lugs it is marked plaque or g 20 microns and the letters ERG inside of a diamond. It was indicated to me by a local rolex jeweler both watches are in working order with the five year service being due. I am very interested in having both of these watches repaired for my wife and I, I am just trying to ascertain if this would be a worthwhile endeavor. Any help with the value in current condition, cost of repair, and the value restored state would be most appreciated. I do understand that this is an everychanging fluid market and just asking your honest opinions on prices not trying to hold anyone accountable, just seeking the advice of those much more versed than I. I would greatly appreciate any and all information provided on these watches. Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

noveske is offline   Reply With Quote