The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 November 2011, 05:06 AM   #31
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysondiver View Post
heres a thought , if you bought on e bay in the states from the uk , pay for the cash transfer , pay the import duty and pay the pay pal fee , it actually works out cheaper on anything over 5k to buy a ticket and get on the plane.
crazy world.
Tom is right. It's why I've jumped on a plane for most of my major purchases over $10k - it helps to have frequent flyer miles as well.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2011, 06:57 PM   #32
Alcwyn
"TRF" Member

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the rolex world and looking to buy my first soon. I believe it's a real shame that ebay doesn't side with the buyer when it comes to fakes.

Ebay offers a wide market place for the kind of rolex i'm looking for. The for sale on here is all expensive, mainly new models, and reputable websites seem to be just as expensive.

I'm only looking to spend up to $2000 so am tempting with the thought that it's not too much to lose to get what i want. I wouldn't want to be spending $6000 on rubbish if ebay will not side with me if i have issues.

Mike
Alcwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2011, 03:45 PM   #33
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Sorry to hear that. I've made various purchases on eBay and most have turned out well. I was very badly burned years ago when I bought what I thought would be a nice wall mirror from the manufacturer. He used cheap clips to hold the mirror to the frame, so it arrived broken. I sent it back by the seller refused to return my money. I promptly let my credit card and PayPal know, and I was promised a refund in writing. Unfortunately they let the purchase go through, and I spent numerous hours with Pay Pal and the credit card on the phone trying to get my money back. I never did despite the written assurances, so I just gave up because my time was more valuable than the item.

So, I buy very little on eBay. Determining whether a watch, piece of jewelry, or a valuable coin or stamp is authentic is well beyond my expertise.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2011, 09:21 PM   #34
Macgomez

Watch: Datejust II
Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nch209 View Post
So sorry to hear steve. eBay is a vast wasteland of fakes and scammers... A real shame and it is set up for the thieves! Keep fighting!!!
You can't be too careful buying from Ebay, now a days...
Big purchases like watches, jewellery, and iphones I would only conduct face to face.

Mac
Macgomez is offline   Reply With Quote