The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 February 2012, 08:32 PM   #1
WatchinIt
"TRF" Member

Buying my 1st - 31mm SS jubilee, WG fluted, silver w/ diamond marker dial?

Hey everyone! I hope I posted this in the right section and if I didn't my apologies. I tried to do a search and saw that a similar thread in general discussion was moved over here so I figured I post in here first.

I am looking to getting my first Rolex () within the next month or so. I was wondering what you guys this is a fair price for the Ladies MidSize Datejust 31mm SS jubilee bracelet, white gold fluted bevel, silver dial w/ diamond markers, M serial number (PS, what year was this manufactured?). This would be pre-owned through a private party, her asking price is $6300 (cash, bank transfer, or the likes. shipping not included yet), and the watch was only worn once for twice for a few hours so it is in like new condition.

I have put a deposit down at Tourneau for the same watch but black dial w/ roman markers and I don't know if I can justify an additional $800 for a new, lower spec watch but with 2 year warranty. What do you Rolex experts think? Should I go with the new one from Tourneau or this lovely pre-owned one.

Are there any questions I should ask the seller if I decide to proceed with the silver w/ diamond markers?

Thank you all so much for your time and advice. As a luxury handbag enthusiast, I can't wait to finally dabble in watches!
WatchinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2012, 11:41 PM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

For 800 bucks buy from an authorized dealer, no risk and warranty is in your name. That's my advice, is it a trusted seller, that is the first question, then take it to an authorised dealer and have it checked if you really need to save the 800 dollars.
Old 7 February 2012, 06:45 AM   #3
WatchinIt
"TRF" Member

^ Thanks crowncollection, I really appreciate your time and feedback!

I will spend this weekend shopping around at the ADs and seeing if I can get a small discount through them. The watch wont arrive at Tourneau for another 2-4 weeks so I have some time to mull over it.
WatchinIt is offline   Reply With Quote