The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 1 January 2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Tried on the Chronomat today....

While at the Rolex AD today trying to decide on either a SS Sub C and a DJ2 I tried on a Breitling Chronomat B01 AND let me tell you! I think I am in love! While a big Rolex fan I think the Breitling is a much nice/sharper looking watch!!
Stresst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2014, 03:46 PM   #2
rtalwar
"TRF" Member

I have a gmt2c sis and tt blue sub but my chronomat gets plenty of wrist time. Good idea to get the bracelet and a leather strap to change things up. I will def recommend buying from a trusted seller as U will take a loss buying new.

The chrono although bigger than the Rolex feels amazing on the wrist...congrats in advance if you pull the trigger and buy one..
rtalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtalwar View Post
I have a gmt2c sis and tt blue sub but my chronomat gets plenty of wrist time. Good idea to get the bracelet and a leather strap to change things up. I will def recommend buying from a trusted seller as U will take a loss buying new.

The chrono although bigger than the Rolex feels amazing on the wrist...congrats in advance if you pull the trigger and buy one..
Thanks Dude! I may just drop the hammer on one...
Old 1 January 2014, 04:18 PM   #4
mr.president1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stresst View Post
While at the Rolex AD today trying to decide on either a SS Sub C and a DJ2 I tried on a Breitling Chronomat B01 AND let me tell you! I think I am in love! While a big Rolex fan I think the Breitling is a much nice/sharper looking watch!!
Okay, get it and then send it to me! It will be much appreciated!

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.president1 View Post
Okay, get it and then send it to me! It will be much appreciated!

Sure! Whats your address? lol
Old 2 January 2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

I recently sold my Sea-Dweller and purchased a Chronomat 01 limited new from an AD. It was one from 2010 so I got a pretty decent deal although discounts are very limited these days from Breitling ADs (a good thing for the brand and future value). I did my research and have owned all the major brands but I felt like breitling was calling me back. And now that they and the watch I purchased have an in house movement, what isn't there to like. It's a stunningly beautiful watch...
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2014, 03:24 PM   #7
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
I recently sold my Sea-Dweller and purchased a Chronomat 01 limited new from an AD. It was one from 2010 so I got a pretty decent deal although discounts are very limited these days from Breitling ADs (a good thing for the brand and future value). I did my research and have owned all the major brands but I felt like breitling was calling me back. And now that they and the watch I purchased have an in house movement, what isn't there to like. It's a stunningly beautiful watch...
I really want another Rolex as its such a classy iconic watch but there is just something about the Breitling! I dont know which way to go.....When you say discounts are limited, can you be more specific? I was at Toruneau and they were slashing 20% off them! I was pretty surprised! Then I was on Ebay and seen 29% off plus the almost 9% sales tax I would be saving, 37% is no joke!!!! So while I was leaning toward Rolex, the savings and look of the Breitling have be brand jumping
Old 2 January 2014, 03:37 PM   #8
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Tornuau had only the chronomat GMt 47 mm for 20% off. It was too big for my wrist and it was all polished. After wearing the rolex almost daily, my next watch had to be brushed as we'll and that's what the limited is. It's all brushed except for the sides and smaller parts. Tornuau wouldn't even discuss discounts beyond the tax percentage and the one I visited didn't have the watch I wanted anyway. I visited a few ADs and I am a serious buyer but the best I could get was 15%. I ended up with a little more on the watch I actually purchased but due to it was a 2010. As for eBay etc., you can get great deals used. Even new as well but beware, a lot are grey market watches. The 01 movement from an AD gets you a 5 year warranty. Not so from other places. In addition, the non limited Chronomats sell for less but if you do an advanced search on eBay, you'll see that the limited ones hold their value much better. Hope this helps...
Old 2 January 2014, 03:45 PM   #9
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
Tornuau had only the chronomat GMt 47 mm for 20% off. It was too big for my wrist and it was all polished. After wearing the rolex almost daily, my next watch had to be brushed as we'll and that's what the limited is. It's all brushed except for the sides and smaller parts. Tornuau wouldn't even discuss discounts beyond the tax percentage and the one I visited didn't have the watch I wanted anyway. I visited a few ADs and I am a serious buyer but the best I could get was 15%. I ended up with a little more on the watch I actually purchased but due to it was a 2010. As for eBay etc., you can get great deals used. Even new as well but beware, a lot are grey market watches. The 01 movement from an AD gets you a 5 year warranty. Not so from other places. In addition, the non limited Chronomats sell for less but if you do an advanced search on eBay, you'll see that the limited ones hold their value much better. Hope this helps...
Yes, thanks. When you say non limited Chronos what do you mean? I was told to look for Chrono with a B01 movement. What models should I be concentrating on?? Whatever I buy I dont want something with horrible resale.

As afar as discounts go I am going to visit a few local (mom and pop)authorized Breitling dealers and see what I come up with.
Old 2 January 2014, 04:04 PM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The B01 is a fantastic and beautifully detailed watch. Try to get around 30% off and then resale won't hurt you too much. At that price it is great value for a high quality and stunning chronograph, and I say that as someone with an AP chrono and now seriously looking at a Lange Datograph.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2014, 04:10 PM   #11
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

I chose the ADs from Breitlings website. Looks like your in NYC so you should have have good choices. The chronomats from 2010 on with the buck Rodgers bezel will have the 01 movement. The limited edition models are what you should focus on if you're concerned about resale. My is AB01110 with the exhibition back. They sell for around the mid 6k on eBay. Nothing is going to compare to most rolex models re resale but these seem to do pretty good. I bought it new and wish to hand it down to my son that's why I wanted it new from an AD for posterity sake. Feel free to pm me and I can give you my advice...good luck!
Old 2 January 2014, 10:50 PM   #12
sakolander
"TRF" Member

Also love the chronomats, but I feel they are too thick!!!
sakolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2014, 12:26 AM   #13
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakolander View Post
Also love the chronomats, but I feel they are too thick!!!
I don't agree, for a pure sports chrono the B01s are just about right, ROOs and CrPO 45mms are thicker, as is the Seawolf.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2014, 02:30 AM   #14
SixPak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The B01 is a fantastic and beautifully detailed watch. Try to get around 30% off and then resale won't hurt you too much. At that price it is great value for a high quality and stunning chronograph, and I say that as someone with an AP chrono and now seriously looking at a Lange Datograph.
I couldn't agree more with Neil. Superb craftsmanship and B01 movement make the Chronomat a pleasure to own. And if the price is right then that makes it even more enjoyable.
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2014, 04:51 AM   #15
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I love mine. I have the limited edition that my AD had made with the display back.

jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote