The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 15 October 2014, 01:30 AM   #1
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Galactic Models--Blue different.

Hi All,

I noticed the Galactic 36 blue dial is "Gun Blue" whereas the 41 is "Metallica Blue".
Has anyone seen these side by side?
Do you have a dial in either of these 2 colours you can post a pic of?
If you happen to go to an AD, can you take a look & snap a pic of either one? LOL

There are 2 AD's near me & neither have either of these in stock. The one saleslady & her co-worker brought out 2 watches, each with different blue dials telling me that the galactic "was somewhere between this one & that one". Ya...ok. She seemed put off when I said I wasn't going to spend that kind of money & not see it. Idiot. Then I said..."I can buy a Rolex for this money". She didn't appreciate the comment. I followed that up with, "I was able to try on & visually look at the Rolex not have 2 salespeople estimate the colour of the dial".

Anyway...just curious if anyone can keep an eye out for these 2 if they should pop in to an AD.

vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2014, 03:44 AM   #2
sakolander
"TRF" Member

Not certain, but I have the avenger 2 GMT and the blue is beautiful!!!
Good for you!!, the ad's who expect us to buy a watch without seeing it is ABSURD!!!!
sakolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2014, 11:41 AM   #3
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Thanks for responding. LMAO Out of 300+ views, you were the only one. ;-)

I went to a different AD on Friday & was able to see the Metallic blue on another style & the Gun Blue was on the SuperOcean Heritage. I like both so a win - win with either blue. I guess I can pick from either 36mm or 41mm from the Galactic line. I tried on the Avenger II GMT! OMG..now that IS a gorgeous blue. Thats the Mariner Blue. It was big at 43mm for me. Although, I've recently tried on a couple 41 & a 42mm lately & they looked acceptable. But I think the Avenger II was a tad too big. :-(

Thanks again. :-)
Old 27 October 2014, 10:14 PM   #4
Ken B
"TRF" Member

Watch: To many to count
I had a 41 cockpit which is the prior version to the galactic. It wears small IMO. I ended up moving it on. But I think if you have a smaller wrist you won't go wrong with the 36 or 41. Breitlings blue colors are all great. My new Chronomat is blue and I love it.

Most chain ADs will bring watches in to show you a watch or color. Sounds like your first visit was a smaller place and couldn't bring inventory in.

GL and can't wait to see what you get.
Tudor Black Bay Bronze 43mm
KRB Imaging and Photography
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2014, 05:39 AM   #5
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Hi Ken...
I've tried a couple AD's here & they wouldn't bring one in. Luckily I found a store that had them. ;-). I bought my brother an Auto Colt II last year & it fit pretty good. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a pre-owned one but no luck. I'm warming up to the Galactic bezel. I'm hesitating on it because its a bit futuristic looking. Not sure how it will age. I'm drawn to the older references. ;-).
Old 28 October 2014, 09:51 PM   #6
sakolander
"TRF" Member

I looked at the Galactic also before I bought the Avenger II gmt...it does wear smaller and is perhaps a bit more "dressy", but is a really nice watch.
I do not have a large wrist and was hesistant on the avenger II, but it actually wears well and is very comfortable..I like that the thickness is not super, like many of the Breitlings are!!
sakolander is offline   Reply With Quote