The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 2 December 2015, 11:39 PM   #1
Frogman4me
Banned

FS: Rare 1960's Blancpain Aqua-lung "No Radiations"

Here for your consideration is a vintage diver watch that you don't see for sale often. A rare 1960's Blancpain Aqua-lung with the "No Radiations" dial in all original condition.

Dial: Original glossy black dial in excellent condition with beautiful even patina.

Bezel: Original bakelite bezel in very good condition with no cracks and few scratches.

Hands: Original hands with nice even matching patina. NOTE: Some luminous material missing on the seconds hand.

Case: Strong 36mm case retaining its original factory lines and crisp factory chamfers. Likely, lightly polished in the past. Wears larger than it measures.

Caseback: Original with clear crisp engravings. (Serial 201264)

Movement: Signed "Blancpain- Rayville S.A." in-house, automatic, 17 jewel movement with original anti-magnetic shock protection cover.

Strap: Black Tropic diver strap in great condition.

No box or papers, service history unknown but is currently winding and running well.

Notes: This special Fifty Fathoms reference with its iconic glossy black dial is also stamped with the rare script "Aqua-lung" name and has the colorful "No-Radiations" badge. These two dial additions make it extremely desirable for collectors. Along with the beautiful dial, the matching patina on the hands and bezel along and its silver date wheel, makes for one stunning example. In searching for the next diver watch for your collection, this vintage Blancpain Fifty Fathoms stands firm in its rich history, desirability, look and will easily claim its place in the collection of the long time enthusiast or new collector.

History: Over 50 years ago Blancpain’s CEO, Jean-Jacques (also a diver) created the Fifty Fathoms for the frogmen of the French military. In this piece being offered, the iconic features of the Fifty Fathoms can be seen; the glossy black dial with self-luminous numbers and indexes, the black unidirectional notched bakelite bezel with its luminous numbers and indexes. The Fifty Fathoms was seen as reliable tool watch for both military and civilian divers alike, and was often sold in the dive shops. One of the suppliers to these shops was “Aqualung” which formed a strong partnership with Blancpain over the years. This excellent French piece is a historically important one in the timeline of dive watches and named after the British measurement of “50 Fathoms” or approximately 91.45meters, the depth at which a diver could achieve with the oxygen mixture in use.

Price: $6800.00 Fedex shipped and fully insured. Payment by bank wire.

Plenty of references upon request or do a search of my user name. Please contact me direct: watcheswithpatina@gmail.com

Thank you TRF,
David

Thank you for looking.
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2015, 03:21 AM   #2
Frogman4me
Banned

Sold in a flash! Thank you buyer and TRF.
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqualung , blancpain , fifty fathoms , rare