The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 September 2008, 10:00 PM   #1
cwru32
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC TT
Icon5 GMT with green dial

hi all
sorry for double post. i came across this watch on ebay. anyone cares to commend how these are made?? are they regularly being made or sold by rolex? from what I learned (thanks to toph) , green dials are reserved for solid gold watches only. maybe this should be added to the library section! take a look: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MENS-ROLEX-1...QQcmdZViewItem
cwru32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Chozn1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub and President
In the auction it states that the green dial only comes on the 18k models, but they decided to "spice it up a bit". They basically have a frankenwatch on their hands, even if it's all factory.
In search of DayDate
Prior models... Just about everything.
Chozn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 10:13 PM   #3
diamondgirl

Watch: Rolex YM mid SS
That dial does not belong on that watch. Toph is correct as it is reserved only for the all 18k version. Try sending that watch to RSC for any kind of servicing and see what happens
diamondgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 10:14 PM   #4
gmt master x

Watch: 70 s gmt master.
i saw that as well. i thought this watch was the real 50th tt version, looks kinda cool. i prefer the black dial.
gmt master x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 10:21 PM   #5
airhkg

Watch: Sub, SMP GMT Co-Ax
Why anyone would spend this kind of money on a product they have never seen in person and from a a seller you have never met is beyond me. Folks that get ripped off on ebay deserve it..
airhkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 11:07 PM   #6
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhkg View Post
Why anyone would spend this kind of money on a product they have never seen in person and from a a seller you have never met is beyond me. Folks that get ripped off on ebay deserve it..
comments like that deserve this

as everyone has said above it is a real dial but it was only for the solid gold version

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 11:12 PM   #7
jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhkg View Post
Yes, that's right. People who in good faith purchase what they believe to be a genuine product for a price they're prepared to pay, and who subsequently get ripped off, deserve it.

I mean, the nerve and sheer audacity... I hope they trip and fall over too, for good measure.

Sarcasm aside and looking at your last sentence, that's just about the most stupid thing I've seen posted here in the last couple of days.
jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 03:50 AM   #8
cwru32
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
In the auction it states that the green dial only comes on the 18k models, but they decided to "spice it up a bit". They basically have a frankenwatch on their hands, even if it's all factory.
thanks for your note. this man is supposed to be a real power seller and a good dealer!! that is another negative to ebay's dealer ratings and feed backs etc..:(
cwru32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 04:25 AM   #9
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwru32 View Post
thanks for your note. this man is supposed to be a real power seller and a good dealer!! that is another negative to ebay's dealer ratings and feed backs etc..:(
Personally I would ever touch this watch, but have a hard time finding fault with the seller based purely on this listing. He tells you exactly what he has done. If you want it, buy it. I suspect it's all real.
We all know many frankenwatches are out there. Reminds me of the SS Daytona with the "space" dial from a few weeks back.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 04:29 AM   #10
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
Yes, that's right. People who in good faith purchase what they believe to be a genuine product for a price they're prepared to pay, and who subsequently get ripped off, deserve it.

I mean, the nerve and sheer audacity... I hope they trip and fall over too, for good measure.

Sarcasm aside and looking at your last sentence, that's just about the most stupid thing I've seen posted here in the last couple of days.
Sorry dood, I've been busy the last couple of days. I'm sure I'll stupid the place up this weekend!

Question. Would vegetarians eat beef if cows were made of cake?

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 05:25 AM   #11
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
Sorry dood, I've been busy the last couple of days. I'm sure I'll stupid the place up this weekend!

Question. Would vegetarians eat beef if cows were made of cake?

J
Depends if they were frosted....
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote