The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 September 2008, 11:21 AM   #1
ffighter556
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Sea-Dweller Deepsea

I got a new deepsea today words cannot describe how big it is. I personally cant wear, I take one link out of a sub Had to take four out of this watch. Sets almost 1/2 Inch high on my wrist before anyone buys or orders this watch you need to see in person and try on. Words cannot describe the odd size band it is way undersized for the thickness of watch the glide-lock clasps is sold and doesn't bend so if extended for sizing does not wrap the wrist only my experience and opinion
ffighter556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 11:37 AM   #2
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Wow, and I thought the Sea Dweller was too big for me....
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 03:12 PM   #3
mickeydainish
Banned

Watch: Sub Date 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffighter556 View Post
I got a new deepsea today words cannot describe how big it is. I personally cant wear, I take one link out of a sub Had to take four out of this watch. Sets almost 1/2 Inch high on my wrist before anyone buys or orders this watch you need to see in person and try on. Words cannot describe the odd size band it is way undersized for the thickness of watch the glide-lock clasps is sold and doesn't bend so if extended for sizing does not wrap the wrist only my experience and opinion
sorry to hear, Josh. Post some pics we would love to see how it fits a smaller wrist... as many will be in the same boat.

Thanx!!
mickeydainish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 04:49 PM   #4
mic6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116718 green
Quote:
you sound unhappy..why did you buy it then ???
Old 5 September 2008, 04:53 PM   #5
mic6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116718 green
Quote:
I personally cant wear, I take one link out of a sub Had to take four out of this watch.
that makes absolutely no sense
the bracelet lenght is same
they both fit me perfect right out of the box
Old 5 September 2008, 05:49 PM   #6
mmalek1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one.
Man, I was so excited about this one. I talked my girlfriend into a day of a AD hunt to try one these on. I took two links out of my sub when I got it. Still would love to see in person.
mmalek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 05:51 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic6 View Post
you sound unhappy..why did you buy it then ???
Now that question makes sense!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 07:26 PM   #8
walds11
"TRF" Member

I think I would feel the same way. That thing is a monster.

I see that you already sold it. You got to do what you got to do...
Old 5 September 2008, 07:29 PM   #9
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Got to say , I told you so a couple of months ago, this thing is a monster
swatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2008, 07:38 PM   #10
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What are you going to do with the watch? And 4 links???
Old 7 September 2008, 07:34 AM   #11
ffighter556
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Watch is sold the bands my be the same size I think it is bigger the reason for so much link removal is the only adjustment in the clasp is the easy glide which when extended is flat like a divers extension don't look like a link maybe this makes more sense
ffighter556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 07:58 AM   #12
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Band is the same size.
Got the SD a couple mths ago and took out 3 links
Got the DSSD today and took out 3 links.

At first I looked at the watch (I was going to buy it regardless as it was MSRP and I would have passed it on to a TRF member for what I paid) BUT I put it on my wrist and I liked it (but obviously it was too big) so I went and found my GF (oh oh she was looking at engagement rings) and had her come look at it. She is normally not a fan of big watches on small wrists but she saw this on me and said that is sooo you! She likes it more than my SD. Anyway I had them size it and I had not taken it off yet. Yes, the watch is big but if you wear a SD or a watch like that on a regular basis its not that big of a deal.

This watch is really amazing.
Love the clasp! FFighter is right, the extension does not bend
I would not wear it long periods of time out more than one or two clicks
It is meant for use with a diving suit and it would work great there as bending
isnt an issue with a wetsuit really.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 08:03 AM   #13
steel4me
Banned

Quote:
I ....... Words cannot describe the odd size band it is way undersized for the thickness of watch the glide-lock clasps is sold and doesn't bend so if extended for sizing does not wrap the wrist only my experience and opinion
Exactly right ... looks like an unbalanced mutant .... kind of like a hummer with bicycle tires ..... I am all for bigger looks better ....but I am really not liking the DSSD ... looks like a rush to production to grab market share ... At this point, I find my diving SEIKOS more balanced and well thought out ...and on top of that, they expect me to pay almost $10,000 ..... I can buy two SDs for that much ..... the more I see the DSSD, the more I see how the SD is a timeless classic ..... the DSSD seems like blunder from ROLEX .....and I am sure it wil undergo some serious mods because the feddback they are getting is negative or mixed ... that's not good....
steel4me is offline   Reply With Quote