The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 September 2008, 08:36 AM   #1
Randy Marsh
Banned

some underwater SD wrist shots please...

I've been googling them for a while with no success...let's see if this is the right place to find them. Just a couple of them to make me happy...
Randy Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 08:40 AM   #2
vjb.knife

Watch: Rolex Sub & GMTIIC
Here's one for you .....

Here's one for you that I took in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago.

vjb.knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 08:42 AM   #3
steel4me
Banned

I know you are looking personal shots but check this out... the beast in its environment .. the deeper it goes, the better it performs!!! HELL YEAH SD!!!

http://www.minus4plus6.com/pdf/SeaDwellerTestFR.pdf
steel4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Randy Marsh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel4me View Post
I know you are looking personal shots but check this out... the beast in its environment .. the deeper it goes, the better it performs!!! HELL YEAH SD!!!

http://www.minus4plus6.com/pdf/SeaDwellerTestFR.pdf
that's a classic one. Thanks anyway !!

gimme some wrists guys !!!

Good job Vince !! The compass looks great along with the nato. That's really a " put it on and forget about it " SD version.
Old 7 September 2008, 08:49 AM   #5
steel4me
Banned

there was a recent post about SD and an AD, I mean a great white shark approaching ......some diver posted it ....
steel4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Howie
"TRF" Member

VJB. that is a great shot, thank you! I love seeing these watches used as they were meant to, and as tool watches. Not that I do, except for a very rare dunk in the pool... just good to see it in action.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 09:15 AM   #7
Randy Marsh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
VJB. that is a great shot, thank you! I love seeing these watches used as they were meant to, and as tool watches. Not that I do, except for a very rare dunk in the pool... just good to see it in action.
that's why I need to see some inspirational pics. Had my SD for 2 months but kept it stored. Now it's time to show him some water,either pool or beach...yuuuhhuuuu !!!
Old 7 September 2008, 09:34 AM   #8
seantk
"TRF" Member

Here - don't get scared. My Sd was either protecting me or attracting the great white

Photo was taken while doing 3 days of cage diving with great white sharks in Isla Guadalupe 150 miles of Baja Mexico

Sean
Old 7 September 2008, 10:44 AM   #9
Parachrom
"TRF" Member

Last time i got dumped in 60 feet of water off Key largo, the boat captain suggested I should put something over my Sd band, as it is too shiny and attracts baracuda.

Rather than cover the bracelt, I simply took off my dog tags which were flashing in the sunlight, kept the SD as it was suposed to be fearless and waterproof.
Parachrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 10:56 AM   #10
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Parachrom, I have heard the same about gold chains. It was brought to my attention during a dive. There was a Barracuda near by and I headed to the instructions..
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2008, 11:18 AM   #11
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
I have heard that about barracuda's for 20+ years but I have never seen anyone or spoken with anyone who has had a barracuda have a go at anything shiny. There are plenty of shiny things on scuba equipment. The coast of NC has the largest barracudas I've ever seen and they love to hover around you while you decompress on the anchor line but they just seem curious. They have a lot of teeth and look kind of wicked but seem pretty harmless from my experience.
Old 7 September 2008, 11:32 AM   #12
vjb.knife

Watch: Rolex Sub & GMTIIC
I have heard this but do not believe it at all ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parachrom View Post
Last time i got dumped in 60 feet of water off Key largo, the boat captain suggested I should put something over my Sd band, as it is too shiny and attracts baracuda.

Rather than cover the bracelt, I simply took off my dog tags which were flashing in the sunlight, kept the SD as it was suposed to be fearless and waterproof.
I have heard this but do not believe it at all. I can not tell you how many times I have seen Baracuda in the Ocean and never once felt threatened (although my wife has been a bit concerned).

From 1960 unitl now the number of attacks on humans number under a dozen or so which is so insignificant considering the number of people in the water it is not worth counting. prior to 1963 only 19 confirmed attacks were documented. None were even close to fatal with the worst I read about causing 35 stitches.

Here is a picture of one that I took numerous flash pictures of and he did not care one bit. I even got the feeling that he was posing for me.

vjb.knife is offline   Reply With Quote