The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 December 2018, 06:20 PM   #1
Hogtown Fatty
"TRF" Member

After trying to get my hands on an SS Rolex for over two years now-- specifically the SD43, which a dealer promised and never pulled through on--, I've decided to throw in the towel on that dream and move up to PM. The 116518 Daytona's really appeal to me- the Newman dial ones in particular. I'm wondering how you guys like yours. I'm debating between the previous generation solid metal bracelet one and the new ceramic bezel one. Price would more or less be the same since there's some decent discounts on the older ones. And speaking of the older ones- is it really possible that so many dealers still have new old stock of this model? Did it just never take off? I'm also wondering what kind of hit I should expect to take should I ever decide to sell (which I won't, even if just for the sake of sentiment... first "real" watch, etc. blah blah). If going for the older one, I'd def go for the metal bracelet. I used to not be a fan of the metal bezels, but they've really grown on me, especially on this reference. So, would you guys go for the older metal bracelet ref or the newer oysterflex? Feel free to post some photos of your 116518's!

P.S. I was visiting an AD in Vienna a couple days ago and got to try the Oysterflex 116518 on... it was tiny on me (big guy) and the dealer advised against it, stating that majority of people who wear a Daytona shouldn't be wearing it as the size doesn't suit them... but despite that, I'm happy to look like a fool as long as I get to sport a watch I'M happy with! He was trying to push a DD40 and gold GMT on me, both of which are very cool as well.
Hogtown Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote