The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 February 2019, 09:44 AM   #31
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
No. In fact I like these speculation posts. It makes basel lead up more interesting.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 09:45 AM   #32
AASH
"TRF" Member

Watch: LOVE
A tiny Rolex crown will be printed between SWISS and MADE, that's all!
AASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 03:23 PM   #33
XZACM102
"TRF" Member

RPR is run by imbecile. He actually believes that Rolex is listening to him.
XZACM102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 05:25 PM   #34
lamkinpark
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116515LN | 124300
RPR is like having paranoia, thinking that rolex is listening to him with his heritage bs.
lamkinpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 06:53 PM   #35
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Jocke will get to the bottom of this when he goes
Jocke's the man!
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 07:04 PM   #36
RL777
"TRF" Member

I doubt he will be too far off but the LN is staying, be it with a new movement or not.
RL777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 09:08 PM   #37
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
I think we are splitting hairs saying something is 'discontinued' when really what we mean is 'updated'.

Technically if a model gets a new reference number then yes the 'old' version is discontinued - but realistically to the untrained eye, how much difference is there visually between say an 116660 Deep-sea & a 126660 Deep-sea?

To me it's the same watch, just the newer version has a different model reference & a few upgrades.

Saying the BLNR is discontinued just because it's likely to get a new movement is crazy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
If the 116710 BLNR stays the 116710 BLNR obviously there’s no question, even with the new movement and the little crown on the diAl. If it changes to a 126710 BLNR (basically the same watch as the BLRO but still on PCL oyster bracelet) you can definitely make the splitting hairs argument.

If they change the reference, release it on jubilee or change the lug width, case height, bracelet (as they did with the DSSD) I’d consider the older 116710 BLNR discontinued.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2019, 11:42 PM   #38
Ruddiger
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Howdy,

He's the Super Shadow of the Rolex world. SS was a self proclaimed Star Wars insider whose predictions on the sequel trilogy were finally debunked once movies started to be made.

RPR is the same thing, a total hack. Any clown can talk to an AD, repeat every rumor he hears, and photoshop some pics. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Don't be surprised when he buys his Nike's in anticipation of the Hale-Bopp's return.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Ruddiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 04:23 AM   #39
erebus
"TRF" Member

I enjoy his predictions just because the speculation can be fun. However, I think sometimes he goes off the rails a little with a misplaced confidence (arrogance?) in his predictions.

It's puzzling how RPR thinks it/he/she it can steer IG policy but not answering legitimate question from followers with private IG profiles. RPR's refusla to interact with any account on IG if it's not public is a little dubious to me but it's their own choice more power to them.
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 08:43 AM   #40
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
That guy is a total idiot, especially within the WIS world, his appeal only extends to Rolex wearer who wears watches to "show off".

What's funniest is that he thinks and posts as if Rolex is listening to his advice when he gets a prediction right.

The cliched metaphor of a broken watch is right two times a day is appropriate as predicting half the models are going to be discontinued and getting a hit and then claiming Rolex listened to him.. ..so sad really.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 09:45 AM   #41
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
It is all heresay just wait a few weeks and we can all hear the rest of the story!
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 10:01 AM   #42
GMT Aviator

If the LN is discontinued I think it will re-surface with the updated movement, a Red GMT hand, and the lower three lines of text in white. It’s a way to differentiate it slightly from the previous ‘green hand’ edition.
Where as I would have once flipped my Ceramic LN for a red hand model should it have ever been released, now I would not. Me and my LN have been through too much together for me to let it go now.
Just my thoughts.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 12:22 PM   #43
Sailman
"TRF" Member

When will the new watches upload to the web site this year? Last year Basel opened on the 22nd and the site was updates on the morning of the 21st.
Sailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 12:43 PM   #44
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Quote:
I think we are splitting hairs saying something is 'discontinued' when really what we mean is 'updated'.

Technically if a model gets a new reference number then yes the 'old' version is discontinued - but realistically to the untrained eye, how much difference is there visually between say an 116660 Deep-sea & a 126660 Deep-sea?

To me it's the same watch, just the newer version has a different model reference & a few upgrades.

Saying the BLNR is discontinued just because it's likely to get a new movement is crazy.

This.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 01:27 PM   #45
Car32
"TRF" Member

His claim that new GMT models will be more “heritage” - e.g. smaller makes no sense to me. The SS BLRO Is the same maxi case of the current LN/BLNR, why would they release a new LN/BLNR with new movement it difference case than the BLRO?

Credibility lost for me. Plus he’s, been predicting the ceramic ExpII for how many years no?

Having said all that, it is fun and entertaining - but that’s all it is for me.
Car32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 01:30 PM   #46
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post
Is this guy about to lose all credibility come Basel world? Saying the BLNR, LN, WG and both explorers are now discontinued, Rolex have never discod this many models in one go what makes him think this is going to happen now?
For him to lose credibility, he would have needed to have it in the first place. Whether he did or didn’t is up for debate. I for one, don’t bestow any on him.
♛ 116689 ♛ 218206 Roman ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Bronzo 671 & 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 02:11 PM   #47
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
If the 116710 BLNR stays the 116710 BLNR obviously there’s no question, even with the new movement and the little crown on the diAl. If it changes to a 126710 BLNR (basically the same watch as the BLRO but still on PCL oyster bracelet) you can definitely make the splitting hairs argument.

If they change the reference, release it on jubilee or change the lug width, case height, bracelet (as they did with the DSSD) I’d consider the older 116710 BLNR discontinued.
Yes, I understand what you are saying and agree with you on all your points.

I think what I really meant to say was that, to me at least, when I read people talking about the BLNR (or any other reference) being 'discontinued' I imagine they are saying the reference will not be manufactured any more in any way shape or form.

If however that same BLNR was to get the new 70hr power reserve movement, a little crown at 6 o'clock etc, then to me, that's an upgrade to the existing, not a brand new model.

I do fully understand however the argument that if it gets a new reference i.e 12xxxx then yes the old 'reference' has been discontinued but it's not the actual watch that has been discontinued.

I just think people should be more specific rather than just making sweeping statements like the BLNR is being discontinued - in my mind it isn't, it's being upgraded.

You know the Rolex way, evolution not revolution.

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 02:14 PM   #48
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Yep - this guy is a tosser. Every time he posts he gains followers its all about the followers no matter how much hot air is coming out of his ass.
brilliantly worded
♛ 116689 ♛ 218206 Roman ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Bronzo 671 & 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 11:51 PM   #49
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Remember guys if updated with a new movement then it will have a new reference number, thus making the old reference discontinued. The statements are only incorrect if the current reference remains unchanged for another year.

That’s what I expect to happen to the blnr, either be updated and given a new reference, or removed all together. Now adding the rose gold options, I wonder how many GMT master options Rolex will carry forward. Something will have to go..
Old 9 February 2019, 02:16 AM   #50
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Is there a link to pictures, I like seeing Jack's guessed mock-ups.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:37 AM   #51
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
He is doing the same thing all the phone guys do...
Let him have his fun, it bring in some good debate in this forum.

I do side with him regarding the Batman, I think is getting discontinued after Basel 2019.

They should get the GMT line up back to the classic colors (Pepsi and Coke).
eco8gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2019, 03:06 AM   #52
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
I just think people should be more specific rather than just making sweeping statements like the BLNR is being discontinued - in my mind it isn't, it's being upgraded.

You know the Rolex way, evolution not revolution.

I agree. It’s all click bait BS. In this case he’s got a great out. If the watch ends up with an updated movement and the little crown. The author could stretch and even try to say “oh that’s what I meant by discontinued!” Haha.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote