The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 January 2009, 12:21 PM   #1
shanegg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT MASTER II C 11
Tourneau, San Francisco Today.

After leaving the apple store I decided to take a look inside Tourneau across the street.

Store was empty. Four sales guys Just waiting. As always went straight to the Rolex case. Sales guy all over me within 10 seconds. Their usual pushy way.
I asked If they had a SS Daytona in stock and he laughed at me and said " we keep those for our VIP customers only". He then went on to say If I purchased at least $50k worth of Jewelry today, then I would be a VIP customer and then he would sell me the SS Daytona for MSRP, If I was lucky.
He went on to say that they had 6 used SS Daytona's in their bay area stores and that I could have one of those for $15k. I thanked him for his help. As we left the store my girlfriend and I looked at each other in disbelief.
Tourneau of San Francisco really do not know what they are doing or talking about.

The AD where I bought my GMT told me last Friday he can have me my BNIB SS Daytona with 3 weeks notice at MSRP. I believe him. Had an outstanding experience with him 4 months ago.
Old 20 January 2009, 12:29 PM   #2
avalon1025

Ha! I was in that store yesterday to see the blue face on the Datejust I just ordered from my usual AD. There was no one in the store and a nice but clueless guy came over to help me and I asked him about the deep sea and Daytona and said I would have to spend $50K to get on the list and that they keep them in their NY warehouse for their VIP's. He had never seen a Deepsea...until I showed him mine. He asked where I had purchased it and I told him I was able to pick up this one and a SS white faced Daytona a few weeks ago in the Caribbean, no list, no problems and both for list price.

Also, I watch as he piled watches out of the case on one another, no respect for the fine time piece.
avalon1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:36 PM   #3
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Did you laugh in his face? Or is that rude?
I'm lucky to have an awesome AD... they promised to call me when an everose Daytona comes in so that I can take a photo of myself wearing it
ijen0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
WTF!!!

Every AD tells me that 50k line as well....they laugh and give the 50k speech...
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:40 PM   #5
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
last year, Torneau SF was my first and last Torneau experience. Enough said.
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon1025 View Post
Ha! I was in that store yesterday to see the blue face on the Datejust I just ordered from my usual AD. There was no one in the store and a nice but clueless guy came over to help me and I asked him about the deep sea and Daytona and said I would have to spend $50K to get on the list and that they keep them in their NY warehouse for their VIP's. He had never seen a Deepsea...until I showed him mine. He asked where I had purchased it and I told him I was able to pick up this one and a SS white faced Daytona a few weeks ago in the Caribbean, no list, no problems and both for list price.

Also, I watch as he piled watches out of the case on one another, no respect for the fine time piece.
Classic ownage...I wish I was there to witness that....
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:44 PM   #7
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Precision View Post
WTF!!!

Every AD tells me that 50k line as well....they laugh and give the 50k speech...
Drop the 50k, get the SS Daytona, then return all the other garbage probably never happen but funny to think about!
ijen0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:50 PM   #8
CPCC
"TRF" Member

50k, ha!
They are being flipped for at or below list bnib on the forum. These guys are smoking some serious wacky weed.
Old 20 January 2009, 12:52 PM   #9
mretzloff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Date
It's not just Tourneau that acts like this.

When I was shopping for my Sub, an AD tells me he will not discount. He even went so far to say that if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get some cash back on my credit card, but no way will I get a discount. I never bought the Sub from him. Fast forward to a month ago...The AD is the only PP AD in my area. I always wanted to try on a PP, so I thought I'd stop in. The AD, seeing my Sub and realizing he lost a sale, bent over backwards to try and sell me a PP (which he knew I could not afford because of my age). I had the best laugh ever. The AD was very knowledgeable about watches though, I'll give him that.

"M" 16610 Submariner
"M" 16570w Explorer II
mretzloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 12:57 PM   #10
JF23
"TRF" Member

Typical...Every time I hear a story of someones visit to Tourneau it never ends well.
JF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 01:59 PM   #11
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Tourneau has lost the Rolex franchise in many stores because of their lack of professionalism and chain store mentality.
My small town AD bends over backwards for everyone; they have never uttered any statement about a VIP list. They treat everyone as if they were a VIP, using white gloves to show every watch.
I would be embarassed for a sales rep if they acted that way. I would go so far as to ask them to call a manager over and give him/her hell for such an attitude.
Since I ran a fairly large sales-oriented business, the #1 rule for all employees was, "The customer is always right because they write the payroll checks."
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:07 PM   #12
candycandy

Tourneau was once cool place to visit (especially the Atlanta store in Lenox mall), but ever since they converted that location to their "premier" location, it went downhill.

My family and myself bought 3 watches there one day (2 used Rolex, Cartier Pasha) and it was before they converted the store...

I was there this weekend... I doubt I'll buy anything from there ever again.

Oh, and 3 weeks ago, that same location had SS Daytona white face for 15k... I asked if that price is for real and the sales lady said "of course".........
candycandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:12 PM   #13
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanegg View Post
After leaving the apple store I decided to take a look inside Tourneau across the street.

Store was empty. Four sales guys Just waiting. As always went straight to the Rolex case. Sales guy all over me within 10 seconds. Their usual pushy way.
I asked If they had a SS Daytona in stock and he laughed at me and said " we keep those for our VIP customers only". He then went on to say If I purchased at least $50k worth of Jewelry today, then I would be a VIP customer and then he would sell me the SS Daytona for MSRP, If I was lucky.
He went on to say that they had 6 used SS Daytona's in their bay area stores and that I could have one of those for $15k. I thanked him for his help. As we left the store my girlfriend and I looked at each other in disbelief.
Tourneau of San Francisco really do not know what they are doing or talking about.

The AD where I bought my GMT told me last Friday he can have me my BNIB SS Daytona with 3 weeks notice at MSRP. I believe him. Had an outstanding experience with him 4 months ago.
I went the one at "The Galleria"
When the salesmen told me it came with a lifetime battery replacement
I pulled a "House M.D." and called him an Idiot and left
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:18 PM   #14
Mrdi
Banned

Torneau reminds me of a rent-a-poddy,
you only enter in an emergency.
You leave as soon as possible.
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:21 PM   #15
pepemaui
"TRF" Member

Its like walking the plank!! I cannot imagine any business running this way?
pepemaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:27 PM   #16
simbal
"TRF" Member

SS Daytona is not that difficult to get anymore, few weeks back my AD called and I have my choice of either black or white for MSRP. The guys at the big 'T' need to go out a little more!
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 02:47 PM   #17
Cato
Banned

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadecamporolex View Post
Tourneau has lost the Rolex franchise in many stores because of their lack of professionalism and chain store mentality.
My small town AD bends over backwards for everyone; they have never uttered any statement about a VIP list. They treat everyone as if they were a VIP, using white gloves to show every watch.
I would be embarassed for a sales rep if they acted that way. I would go so far as to ask them to call a manager over and give him/her hell for such an attitude.
Since I ran a fairly large sales-oriented business, the #1 rule for all employees was, "The customer is always right because they write the payroll checks."

I wonder if they lost their Patek Phillip franchise as well. The store in Century City used to have Patek Phillip and that's what got me in the store; now I'd rather do my browsing in Ben Bridge. They seem more homey. My next watch will probably be grey, though.
Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 01:09 AM   #18
Belgium Cash
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know where I can buy a Rolex Milgauss in San Francisco?
Belgium Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 01:22 AM   #19
Belgium Cash
"TRF" Member

Please help me with First Rolex Milgauss Purchase

Hello everyone :-) I am making my first purchase of my Rolex and I am planning on choosing the Rolex Milgauss 116400. I found it at the Tourneau store in San Francisco? Are they an authorized dealer? Is $6,300 to much money? Also am I getting ripped off? This is a big investment for me considering it's a beautiful timepiece. Also is there such thing as an extended warranty after your warranty expires after two years from date of purchase? Thank you for all of your help fellow Rolex members!!
Belgium Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 01:55 AM   #20
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
I've gone to the Tourneau store a few times in Chicago on the 'MAG MILE' and they are very pushy and not very knowledgeable. They will not budge on price and have an air of arrogance. I believe I'll stick to my local AD where I'm treated like a human being and get a discount!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 02:12 AM   #21
dead steve

I've bought 2 Rolex watches from Tourneau in Vegas, had a great experience

i think that sometimes peoples expectations are too high when buying a watch...they expect to get verbally sucked off or something just because they're spending a few grand ?
dead steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 02:16 AM   #22
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgium Cash View Post
Hello everyone :-) I am making my first purchase of my Rolex and I am planning on choosing the Rolex Milgauss 116400. I found it at the Tourneau store in San Francisco? Are they an authorized dealer? Is $6,300 to much money? Also am I getting ripped off? This is a big investment for me considering it's a beautiful timepiece. Also is there such thing as an extended warranty after your warranty expires after two years from date of purchase? Thank you for all of your help fellow Rolex members!!
You can always check with Shreve & Co. on Post & Grant Streets. They also sell Rolex. Both are Rolex ADs. In my opinion, Tourneau is a good place to shop, but not a good place to buy. Many ADs offer their own extended warranty--sometimes Tourneau does as well--but I would never have Tourneau service my watch.

There are Rolex ADs throughout the Bay Area at most shopping malls. If you're not getting the results you're after, try Devons Jewelers in Sacramento. I do find that a face-to-face transaction, with cash in hand, will always help.

Hope that helps.
Old 2 February 2009, 02:18 AM   #23
sirjohnbrian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 'chu lookin' at???
I had the same $50K response when I went to a Tourneau in LI. I've had a bad experience with one of their chains in Pennsylvania. My wife tried to replace leather watch band and the salesman ended up tearing the leather seams. Clearly that company is image and no substance.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Simpson

SS Midsize DJ 68274 "L"
TT Jubilee DJ 116233 "Z"
Sea Dweller DS 116660 "V"
SS White Dial Daytona "V"
sirjohnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 08:28 PM   #24
jimbo1mcm

Watch: New GMT2C
Comebacker...

When a stupid or arrogant salesperson gives you some BS, just ask him if his resume is up to date, because he will be looking for a new job soon.
jimbo1mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 08:45 PM   #25
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycandy View Post
Tourneau was once cool place to visit (especially the Atlanta store in Lenox mall), but ever since they converted that location to their "premier" location, it went downhill.

My family and myself bought 3 watches there one day (2 used Rolex, Cartier Pasha) and it was before they converted the store...

I was there this weekend... I doubt I'll buy anything from there ever again.

Oh, and 3 weeks ago, that same location had SS Daytona white face for 15k... I asked if that price is for real and the sales lady said "of course".........
I had the same experience at Tourneau in NYC on 5th Ave this January.....completely UN-professional staff and watches priced WAY out of whack! They had an 2004 Daytona that they wanted $15K for.....told them I could buy/sell it all day long for $10-11K, then just walked out.

Won't be going back there again....unless I need a laugh.
brettpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Lamone
Banned

Watch: ya mawt!
Last year, Torneau NY (Columbus Circle) was my first and last Torneau experience.
The sale rep was clueless and the manager told me that my GMT was probably a fake.
Lamone is offline   Reply With Quote