The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 August 2022, 11:41 PM   #61
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
My own personal experience is all of them tend to hold a second or less a day accuracy but most all were regulated in the -.05 a day to +0.0. I was surprised that the regulations always tend to be right at 0 to -.05 a day for the 32 series. My 4130 is a rock +1 a day to +0.50 a day in every resting position. I wore my Sub41LV on a extended 1 month vacation every day from diving to theme parks and it was a rock steady -0.50 a day. So consistent that it never deviates more than 0.50 to 0.25 seconds a day regardless the activity even at home running a chainsaw to whatever. Incredibly consistent.

FYI.. Most all of my watches are always kept on a custom multi head winding box running but I tend to only keep 4 watches at a time running as that is the amount I like to rotate/wear.
(1) You say that your 7 watches were all regulated in the range of -0.05 to 0.0 sec/day?
All 7 watches in a range of 50 milliseconds/day?
How do you know these movement regulation values?

(2) You say that - over a period on 1 month - your Sub41LV never deviated more than 0.50 to 0.25 sec/day?

Can you explain how you verified the movement regulation (-0.05 to 0.0 s/d) and how you measured the perfect timekeeping (0.50 to 0.25 s/d)?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 12:02 AM   #62
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
(1) You say that your 7 watches were all regulated in the range of -0.05 to 0.0 sec/day?
All 7 watches in a range of 50 milliseconds/day?
How do you know these movement regulation values?

(2) You say that - over a period on 1 month - your Sub41LV never deviated more than 0.50 to 0.25 sec/day?

Can you explain how you verified the movement regulation (-0.05 to 0.0 s/d) and how you measured the perfect timekeeping (0.50 to 0.25 s/d)?

I use a accurate timing reference and compare after a set amount of days/weeks. These are real world on the wrist accuracy measurements because that’s all that matters. I stopped taking static accuracy measurements a long time ago on a Timegrapher unless I see real world idiosyncrasies then I’ll pull it out and check.
Old 20 August 2022, 12:22 AM   #63
saxo3
"TRF" Member

3235 Movement reliability and service cost

Quote:
I use a accurate timing reference and compare after a set amount of days/weeks. These are real world on the wrist accuracy measurements because that’s all that matters. I stopped taking static accuracy measurements a long time ago on a Timegrapher unless I see real world idiosyncrasies then I’ll pull it out and check.
Ok, you quoted an average timekeeping (0.50 to 0.25 s/d) over a period of weeks or months. I did a simple experiment with a 3235 and achieved a deviation of +0.1 seconds (after 63 days) compared to an atomic clock. But I would never claim that my watch deviated only 0.1 sec/63 days = 0.0016 sec/day. That is just meaningless.

What concerns the movement regulation values (-0.05 to 0.0 s/d) you mentioned, it seems that you neither have an information how the calibers where originally regulated (by a watchmaker) nor you use a tool to verify the quoted numbers yourself.

It is just all better than excellent and I am glad that you own 7 perfect 32xx watches

Thanks, all understood
Old 20 August 2022, 01:14 AM   #64
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don’t be under the illusion you’re going to get full disclosure over an Internet forum from watchmakers with a current Rolex account.
I am not in any camp other than 7 different 32 series models without any movement issues and I am a mechanical movement super nerd.
Quote:
My own personal experience is all of them tend to hold a second or less a day accuracy but most all were regulated in the -.05 a day to +0.0. I was surprised that the regulations always tend to be right at 0 to -.05 a day for the 32 series. My 4130 is a rock +1 a day to +0.50 a day in every resting position. I wore my Sub41LV on a extended 1 month vacation every day from diving to theme parks and it was a rock steady -0.50 a day. So consistent that it never deviates more than 0.50 to 0.25 seconds a day regardless the activity even at home running a chainsaw to whatever. Incredibly consistent.

FYI.. Most all of my watches are always kept on a custom multi head winding box running but I tend to only keep 4 watches at a time running as that is the amount I like to rotate/wear.
I'd like to understand a bit more if you don't mind. Judging by your posts here, before you owned a 41 cermit you owned a BLNR with jubilee, BLRO with the same bracelet, SD43, CHNR and a 41 black Sub. I'm not good at math but it seems to me this is a total of 6 watches, but I may have forgotten one of course. So, have you owned them all at the same time? For how long? No one was traded or sold for a new one? I'm asking because if they were traded how could you know if there was a problem or not? You never posted a group pic with 7 watches here and I'm sure I would remember so that's why I'd like to understand a bit more. Thank you.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 01:49 AM   #65
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I'd like to understand a bit more if you don't mind. Judging by your posts here, before you owned a 41 cermit you owned a BLNR with jubilee, BLRO with the same bracelet, SD43, CHNR and a 41 black Sub. I'm not good at math but it seems to me this is a total of 6 watches, but I may have forgotten one of course. So, have you owned them all at the same time? For how long? No one was traded or sold for a new one? I'm asking because if they were traded how could you know if there was a problem or not? You never posted a group pic with 7 watches here and I'm sure I would remember so that's why I'd like to understand a bit more. Thank you.
I know he’s moved on from the CHNR, the Pepsi and the SD43, not sure how long he owned them for.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 03:21 AM   #66
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
My own personal experience is all of them tend to hold a second or less a day accuracy but most all were regulated in the -.05 a day to +0.0.
Who regulated those watches ?

I want that same person working on my watches.

Was it at an RSC or an AD or just a local watchmaker ?
CharlesN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 03:24 AM   #67
LC23
"TRF" Member

Good share!
Old 20 August 2022, 03:57 AM   #68
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Who regulated those watches ?

I want that same person working on my watches.

Was it at an RSC or an AD or just a local watchmaker ?
In the real world no matter the person who regulated any watch on a machine to a certain specific timing,on the owners wrist could be slightly different.Plus the same watch on another person's wrist again could be different ,it all comes down to what matches that person's wearing habits.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 04:10 AM   #69
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
In the real world no matter the person who regulated any watch on a machine to a certain specific timing,on the owners wrist could be slightly different.Plus the same watch on another person's wrist again could be different ,it all comes down to what matches that person's wearing habits.
Peter,
I would be happy to spend a few nights in a hotel locally to this watchmaker just so that I could have my watches regulated to that sort of standard.
The watchmaker could “Have a go” and then get me to wear my watch and then adjust again

Just the thought of sublime accuracy, precision and timekeeping excites me as you know.
Old 20 August 2022, 04:11 AM   #70
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

What towns are in Central PA so that I can start looking at hotels bearish the watchmaker ?
Old 20 August 2022, 05:46 AM   #71
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
A DSSD JC is one you missed.
Not owning all at the same time but many overlapping. None of those watches had any issue while I owned them and all were very closely regulated by Rolex from new producing the same level of precision while I owned them. Rolex seems to have regulated them closer to 0 second a day to -1 seconds a day. The pattern was unmistakable when logging their daily accuracy/consistency.
I do believe I have Timeograph notes from all as I always do a initial accuracy and power reserve test. Because they were all so consistent, I pretty much put away the Timegrapher after their initial check. Accuracy is then kept track by a log until I am content the watch is performing properly. I have noticed other movements from Rolex like the 4130 and 4161 have different factory regulation in that both were +1 to +2 seconds a day and didn’t fall off accuracy as fast during their power reserve testing. They held their precision longer into their main spring than the 32 series.
All of this data that I collect is for fun and my own personal records to check later if a problem would develop. I also test each watch in their over night resting positions as well as on the watch winders and log the results. I have done this for years and years.
When my watch is still + or - 1 second to the atomic clock after a few weeks it’s fair to say it’s a over achiever for a automatic watch and better than should be expected so you move on. Constantly dissecting the accuracy when you’re within two seconds a week is pretty much is a waist of time as there is too many other factors like climate and activity that is a X factor you can never repeat. How is one to tell what a watch will do in 5 years is like trying to read the tea leaves or prove a negative. Actually hands on experience and ownership with multiple examples is about as empirical as it gets as a owner and all that can be expected to form a educated opinion.
Old 20 August 2022, 06:04 AM   #72
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not owning all at the same time but many overlapping. None of those watches had any issue while I owned them and all were very closely regulated by Rolex from new producing the same level of precision while I owned them. Rolex seems to have regulated them closer to 0 second a day to -1 seconds a day. The pattern was unmistakable when logging their daily accuracy/consistency.
I do believe I have Timeograph notes from all as I always do a initial accuracy and power reserve test. Because they were all so consistent, I pretty much put away the Timegrapher after their initial check. Accuracy is then kept track by a log until I am content the watch is performing properly. I have noticed other movements from Rolex like the 4130 and 4161 have different factory regulation in that both were +1 to +2 seconds a day and didn’t fall off accuracy as fast during their power reserve testing. They held their precision longer into their main spring than the 32 series.
All of this data that I collect is for fun and my own personal records to check later if a problem would develop. I also test each watch in their over night resting positions as well as on the watch winders and log the results. I have done this for years and years.
When my watch is still + or - 1 second to the atomic clock after a few weeks it’s fair to say it’s a over achiever for a automatic watch and better than should be expected so you move on. Constantly dissecting the accuracy when you’re within two seconds a week is pretty much is a waist of time as there is too many other factors like climate and activity that is a X factor you can never repeat.
Thank you.

OK, so you bought them, took pictures, posted an incoming thread and a few months later you traded them for the next one?

I'm just asking, Mystro, because you're very vocal on how good 32xx movements are, despite the data here on TRF showing otherwise. I'm sure you're aware the problems usually start after a year or something like that, so I'd like to know how long those 7 watches were part of your team if you don't mind.

Thanks again.
Old 20 August 2022, 06:23 AM   #73
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you.

OK, so you bought them, took pictures, posted an incoming thread and a few months later you traded them for the next one?

I'm just asking, Mystro, because you're very vocal on how good 32xx movements are, despite the data here on TRF showing otherwise. I'm sure you're aware the problems usually start after a year or something like that, so I'd like to know how long those 7 watches were part of your team if you don't mind.

Thanks again.

I have kept more logs and test than most people ever would on a new watch. That certainly gives me a unique perspective to form a more educated opinion on the 32 series movement. Frankly if I thought it was a piece of crap I wouldn’t keep buying them.
Without going in circles and sounding redundant…..How is anyone to know what any watch will do after 5 years? There’s too many factors like activities or accidental impacts that you might not remember. These are mechanical movements with tolerances that ebb and flow over the years.

Chasing and looking for problems is going down a rabbit hole unnecessarily if your watch is performing to spec. :|| (repeat that last sentence)
If you feel there’s a problem and are unsure then there is nothing anyone is going to say or prove to put your mind at rest. Our forums 32 series unofficial pole is still quite positive considering all the factors and pitfalls there is with even having a anonymous social media stats pole.

I am experienced enough to know if my movement suddenly shifts beyond the norm and I am very attentive of how precise all my watches are not to miss if it happens. That’s all the effort that I feel is reasonable for how I use a automatic wrist watch. I have been at this a long long time.
Your looking for decades of 32 series data that doesn’t exist yet and absolute guarantees no one can produce.
It’s not worth worrying about and at some point you either have to believe in the Rolex product and that any issue that might pop up will be resolved by Rolex.
Old 20 August 2022, 06:37 AM   #74
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have kept more logs and test than most people ever would on a new watch. That certainly gives me a unique perspective to form a more educated opinion on the 32 series movement. Frankly if I thought it was a piece of crap I wouldn’t keep buying them.
Without going in circles and sounding redundant…..How is anyone to know what any watch will do after 5 years? There’s too many factors like activities or accidental impacts that you might not remember. These are mechanical movements with tolerances that ebb and flow over the years.

Chasing and looking for problems is going down a rabbit hole unnecessarily if your watch is performing to spec. :|| (repeat that last sentence)
If you feel there’s a problem and are unsure then there is nothing anyone is going to say or prove to put your mind at rest.

I am experienced enough to know if my movement suddenly shifts beyond the norm and I am very attentive of how precise all my watches are not to miss if it happens. That’s all the effort that I feel is reasonable for how I use a automatic wrist watch. I have been at this a long long time.
Your looking for decades of 32 series data that doesn’t exist yet and absolute guarantees no one can produce.
It’s not worth worrying about and at some point you either have to believe in the Rolex product and that any issue that might pop up will be resolved by Rolex.

Ok. You didn't answer how long, so it's fair to assume I was right when I said you owned them for a couple months.

Mystro, you're a long time member and I respect you, but if you owned those watches for a short period of time you have no way of knowing if they were troubled or not, so I kindly ask you please stop posting misinformation. A fragment of truth leading to a false or impossible conclusion. You're posting alternative facts brother.

Listen, I may be naive or foolish, but I think long time members with a moderately high post count have a big responsability on the forum, or at least I think I have. Hundreds, not to say thousands of people come to this place to be informed everyday, most of them anonymously, and I don't have data to prove but it's reasonable to believe they look at someone who is a pledge member, more than a decade of membership, high post count and that means that person can be trusted and his opinions are valid. Some of these anonymous people may have been saving for a long time to buy a special watch, sometimes years, and they want to know if that particular watch will bring them happiness and specially if 10k, 15k or even more is something they should do, so posting accurate information is the best way of showing respect for the forum and it's audience.

We have plenty of data here on TRF showing that at least so far these new 32xx movement watches are unreliable and you keep saying otherwise over and over. I'm sorry but a 30% failure rate is unacceptable in any industry out there. Even Paul (TheVTCGuy) posted a thread today saying his Sub will be gone for a long time with the exact same movement problem, and he was a frequent poster on the 32xx problems thread denying what's happening. Some will say the 30% rate showed on TRF is nothing, millions of watches are made every year, but this is an example of how statistics work in a research: collection, organization and analysis of data from the sample to the whole population. TRF is a sample, and a very reliable one, and from this sample you'll have data to come to a few conclusions one way or the other. Of course this is not scientific, but things can only get worse IMO. People out there don't care, don't track time, never heard of that problem, so they're completely unaware of what's happening. Even on TRF if everyone cared about that those 30% would increase not the other way around IMO.

That's why I'm kindly asking you to reconsider your views on this topic, and I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Cheers
Old 20 August 2022, 06:44 AM   #75
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ok. You didn't answer how long, so it's fair to assume I was right when I said you owned them for a couple months.

Mystro, you're a long time member and I respect you, but if you owned those watches for a short period of time you have no way of knowing if they were troubled or not, so I kindly ask you please stop posting misinformation. A fragment of truth leading to a false or impossible conclusion. You're posting alternative facts brother.

Listen, I may be naive or foolish, but I think long time members with a moderately high post count have a big responsability on the forum, or at least I think I have. Hundreds, not to say thousands of people come to this place to be informed everyday, most of them anonymously, and I don't have data to prove but it's reasonable to believe they look at someone who is a pledge member, more than a decade of membership, high post count and that means that person can be trusted and his opinions are valid. Some of these anonymous people may have been saving for a long time to buy a special watch, sometimes years, and they want to know if that particular watch will bring them happiness and specially if 10k, 15k or even more is something they should do, so posting accurate information is the best way of showing respect for the forum and it's audience.

We have plenty of data here on TRF showing that at least so far these new 32xx movement watches are unreliable and you keep saying otherwise over and over. I'm sorry but a 30% failure rate is unacceptable in any industry out there. Even Paul (TheVTCGuy) posted a thread today saying his Sub will be gone for a long time with the exact same movement problem, and he was a frequent poster on the 32xx problems thread denying what's happening. Some will say the 30% rate showed on TRF is nothing, millions of watches are made every year, but this is an example of how statistics work in a research: collection, organization and analysis of data from the sample to the whole population. TRF is a sample, and a very reliable one, and from this sample you'll have data to come to a few conclusions one way or the other. Of course this is not scientific, but things can only get worse IMO. People out there don't care, don't track time, never heard of that problem, so they're completely unaware of what's happening. Even on TRF if everyone cared about that those 30% would increase not the other way around IMO.

That's why I'm kindly asking you to reconsider your views on this topic, and I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Cheers
No what you are asking is me to agree with you and not my own empirical data. A TRF poll is far from scientific and should never be given any weight to real world results. It’s social media entertainment for most.
I am going with my gut and years of experience on this. I have also spoken to my own Rolex watchmaker/Rolex account sources that is a factor in my opinion.
I don’t and won’t disclose my sources on the forum and haven’t for years, that’s why I still have the educated sources that freely open-up.
FYI: I have owned most of them longer than a year.
We will have to agree to disagree on this matter.
Old 20 August 2022, 06:50 AM   #76
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No what you are asking is me to agree with you and not my own empirical data. I am going with my gut and years of experience on this. I have also spoken to my own Rolex watchmaker/Rolex account sources that is a factor in my opinion. I don’t and won’t disclose my sources on the form and haven’t for years, that’s why I still have the educated sources that freely open-up.
FYI: I have owned most of them longer than a year.
We will have to agree to disagree on this matter.
Alright.
Old 20 August 2022, 06:57 AM   #77
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Alright.
This is what gives our TRF the blend. You are a gentleman and I respect where you are also coming from.
Old 20 August 2022, 07:00 AM   #78
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is what gives our TRF the blend. You are a gentleman and I respect where you are also coming from.
Old 20 August 2022, 07:32 AM   #79
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When my watch is still + or - 1 second to the atomic clock after a few weeks it’s fair to say it’s a over achiever for a automatic watch and better than should be expected so you move on. Constantly dissecting the accuracy when you’re within two seconds a week is pretty much is a waist of time as there is too many other factors like climate and activity that is a X factor you can never repeat. How is one to tell what a watch will do in 5 years is like trying to read the tea leaves or prove a negative. Actually hands on experience and ownership with multiple examples is about as empirical as it gets as a owner and all that can be expected to form a educated opinion.

Oh you still don’t own them anymore but you’re saying you had zero issues knowing the issues take awhile to show up…

Okay man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 07:42 AM   #80
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have kept more logs and test than most people ever would on a new watch. That certainly gives me a unique perspective to form a more educated opinion on the 32 series movement.

As a matter of fact, in the long 32xx thread you participated so far with 20 posts, only 1 single post (# 1889 dated 04.08.2021) contained overnight resting position dependent rates (with 12up but without dial down) and power reserve data for your Submariner 126610LN. Nothing about the caliber amplitudes, which are paramount information to judge a 32xx movement. In my view, very little for somebody who (1) believes is top notch in logging and testing new watches and (2) claims that all his seven 32xx watches are (or were) excellent.

Please feel free to show that you have more 32xx data that underline how well all your 32xx watches are running. It would be nice to see timegrapher data (rates, amplitudes, beat errors) after full winding, also after 24 hours at rest, posted in the long 32xx thread.

Old 20 August 2022, 07:45 AM   #81
saxo3
"TRF" Member

3235 Movement reliability and service cost

Quote:

Cheers
This 100%

We are left to believe what some story tellers are posting on social media.

Btw, Paul (TheVTCGuy) amused the followers of the long 32xx thread with 72 (seventy-two) 'special' posts. But at least he started a timegrapher training with Charles, ok not so easy for all involved …
Old 20 August 2022, 07:48 AM   #82
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post

As a matter of fact, in the long 32xx thread you participated so far with 20 posts, only 1 single post (# 1889 dated 04.08.2021) contained overnight resting position dependent rates (with 12up but without dial down) and power reserve data for your Submariner 126610LN. Nothing about the caliber amplitudes, which are paramount information to judge a 32xx movement. In my view, very little for somebody who (1) believes is top notch in logging and testing new watches and (2) claims that all his seven 32xx watches are (or were) excellent.

Please feel free to show that you have more 32xx data that underline how well all your 32xx watches are running. It would be nice to see timegrapher data (rates, amplitudes, beat errors) after full winding, also after 24 hours at rest, posted in the long 32xx thread.

No thanks. My TRF reputation is rock solid enough to take me at my word that I might know a thing or two about automatic movements.
I don’t want (or need to) get into all my data and sort though it.
I tried to lay it out as clearly without engaging any further in the topic.

I have so many pics of each watch and there positions. Here is one of hundreds (no exaggeration) for example. It’s a lot of work to organize and post that I’m not getting into it.

Old 20 August 2022, 07:52 AM   #83
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystro View Post
no thanks. I don’t want (or need) to sharing my data or even get into how/why i keep the records i do. I tried to lay it out as clearly without engaging any further in the topic.
q.e.d.
Old 20 August 2022, 07:59 AM   #84
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
So I found this old article comparing the 3135 to the 3235 and it seems the guy who wrote it thinks the newer movement will need more costly service down the road. Anyone know the cost of a whole new rotor assembly for the new 3235 movement that he is talking about? Does not instill a lot of confidence in the newer watches Rolex is making us wait and beg to get.

http://bhi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/...-the-Month.pdf
The 32xx movement will be fine, Rolex are not going to send out a piece of garbage to power their watches, over the years that the movement is their watches Rolex will fine tune and work out any gremlins that occur exactly as they did with all the older movements.

Buy a watch with a 32xx movement with confidence, the doom mongers out there would have us wearing sundials on our wrists as we would never move forward as any change wouldn't be allowed.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 08:12 AM   #85
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
The 32xx movement will be fine, Rolex are not going to send out a piece of garbage to power their watches, over the years that the movement is their watches Rolex will fine tune and work out any gremlins that occur exactly as they did with all the older movements.

Buy a watch with a 32xx movement with confidence, the doom mongers out there would have us wearing sundials on our wrists as we would never move forward as any change wouldn't be allowed.

Yeah right? Movement released in 2015 still has no known fix but it will be fine?

How many do you own and how long have you had them for?

Literally all my other watches are fine. No need to go sundial.

In fact even my lowly seiko with a 6r35 is proving to be better than 5 of my 8 32xx.

Old 20 August 2022, 08:16 AM   #86
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
How do you know that there’s no known fix? From watch forums? From watchmakers that told you that there’s no known fix? And how would those specific watchmakers know that definitively? Not trying to be argumentative…just want to how you came to the conclusion as of summer 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Yeah right? Movement released in 2015 still has no known fix but it will be fine?

How many do you own and how long have you had them for?

Literally all my other watches are fine. No need to go sundial.

In fact even my lowly seiko with a 6r35 is proving to be better than 5 of my 8 32xx.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 08:20 AM   #87
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
How do you know that there’s no known fix? From watch forums? From watchmakers that told you that there’s no known fix? And how would those specific watchmakers know that definitively? Not trying to be argumentative…just want to how you came to the conclusion as of summer 2022.

We have resident watchmakers here who did a photo essay on the issue who said they would report back once a fix was known.

We still have issues from late 2021 watches, both new from factory or rsc visits.

Old 20 August 2022, 08:27 AM   #88
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I was aware of bas’ ( searchart) reports. He works for Rolex, right? I would think Rolex would frown upon his telling a watch forum whether a fix was done…or not. He’s also been very quiet. ( I realize that he reported these issues at the beginning )

Assuming what you’re saying about late 2021 Watch reports on this forum is true and that they were due to this issue specifically, we don’t really know how long these watches were in storage. Not trying to say you’re wrong…but there are tons of unknowns here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
We have resident watchmakers here who did a photo essay on the issue who said they would report back once a fix was known.

We still have issues from late 2021 watches, both new from factory or rsc visits.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 08:36 AM   #89
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was aware of bas’ ( searchart) reports. He works for Rolex, right? I would think Rolex would frown upon his telling a watch forum whether a fix was done…or not. He’s also been very quiet. ( I realize that he reported these issues at the beginning )

Assuming what you’re saying about late 2021 Watch reports on this forum is true and that they were due to this issue specifically, we don’t really know how long these watches were in storage. Not trying to say you’re wrong…but there are tons of unknowns here.
Last time we spoke I told him please don't say anything else. You work for Rolex they play their cards very close to the chest don't put your carrer in jeopardy. I'm sad he's not here but Im glad at the same time. He's my favorite member on the forum and a good friend and I hope we can have a beer next feb when I'm in Amsterdam like I always do.
Old 20 August 2022, 08:36 AM   #90
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:

You really should have read the last part of his reply.
There's no need to doubt the vast bulk of reports here.
This forum is not too bad at sniffing out bogus claims.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote