The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 June 2024, 12:18 AM   #91
swexlin
"TRF" Member

I'll just say congrats, looks great! You're more patient then me, for sure! Enjoy it!
swexlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 09:49 AM   #92
rlx123
"TRF" Member

KMalone, I never said I am best friend with the owner, just a good relationship. The watches I’ve purchased were what I wanted and watches I bought as gifts for family members. Waiting was not a problem for me because I enjoy wearing what I already have.

I was being genuine about purchase history and relationship with AD because a member on here had inquired. My advice to you is to approach every information as additional useful knowledge not as a competition. Maybe it can help you get your Panda from your AD.

You’ve acquired really nice pieces for minimum effort and minimum wait time. Congratulations to you. Most would be thrilled with that collection. Why does it matter to you how much I spent and how long I waited? Life is too short to be angry at little things. Good luck with getting your Daytona soon.

For all members who came to my defense…,thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 09:59 AM   #93
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmoor View Post
But you don’t have a panda from an AD. Big difference from the watches you were able to purchase…..
It actually isn’t a big difference. Pepsi on jubilee is just as tough to get
Old 1 June 2024, 10:06 AM   #94
DC116710LN
"TRF" Member

Congrats OP! I have the previous version but it's easily one of my favorite watches. Enjoy in good health!
DC116710LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 10:21 AM   #95
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Congrats to the OP. Ignore the noise. Just love your watch.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 11:01 AM   #96
noshame
"TRF" Member

Geez, this is a weird thread, all because of one member. Give it a rest, please. Congrats on YOUR DAYTONA, OP!
Old 1 June 2024, 11:45 AM   #97
steveclr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshame View Post
Geez, this is a weird thread, all because of one member. Give it a rest, please. Congrats on YOUR DAYTONA, OP!
This has to be one of the more memorable threads. Don't spoil our fun. I'm very interested in watches, but my buying days are probably over and I'm here for the entertainment. Glad to see that OP got a great watch and the thread was entertaining. I'm in awe of KMalone continuing to respond. Such confidence is inspiring. I'd follow him over a cliff anytime.
steveclr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 12:00 PM   #98
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats OP! Getting the option to buy at retail is a gift (I remember my call too - I left Costco haha).

I'm happy to see The Mailman was retired, he earned it in this thread.
hutch300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 01:55 PM   #99
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Rlx123, enjoy the watch. Sometimes waiting I’d part of the fun. And paying a fair price that Rolex feel the value represents.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 02:30 PM   #100
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlx123 View Post
KMalone, I never said I am best friend with the owner, just a good relationship. The watches I’ve purchased were what I wanted and watches I bought as gifts for family members. Waiting was not a problem for me because I enjoy wearing what I already have.

I was being genuine about purchase history and relationship with AD because a member on here had inquired. My advice to you is to approach every information as additional useful knowledge not as a competition. Maybe it can help you get your Panda from your AD.

You’ve acquired really nice pieces for minimum effort and minimum wait time. Congratulations to you. Most would be thrilled with that collection. Why does it matter to you how much I spent and how long I waited? Life is too short to be angry at little things. Good luck with getting your Daytona soon.

For all members who came to my defense…,thank you!

Congratulations on your recent acquisition of the watch! Please disregard the negative comments made by that individual. It appears that they may be experiencing feelings of envy. Understandably, not everyone has the financial means to purchase such a luxurious timepiece or a vehicle like a Ferrari. Clearly, they seem to be resentful about that.

I personally made a substantial investment before obtaining my Daytona, so please do not let their comments discourage you.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 11:34 PM   #101
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMalone View Post
You missed the sarcasm. I love how a difference of opinion is now being a hater. Funny how many took offense to my post but had no problem doing the same to me. Love the double standard. Chive on my friend!
First, man, you are acting like a real steaming turd here. You feel so compelled to be brutally honest answering a question that nobody asked. Do you go to weddings and tell the groom "hey man, you really should have held out for a better looking wife. Sorry, just being honest with you"? WTF

IF OP had come in here flexing that he had some awesome relationship and scored this in record time or something, then MAYBE, if you were feeling extra dickish you might be justified. But he didn't even mention any of this nonsense in his original post, it only came up when he was asked and it was not presented with any smugness.

Second, the notion that you can evaluate whether or not OP had a good experience based on time and spend alone is ridiculous and naïve. Every market is completely different. Even in a small market like Nebraska I was told that realistically it would be a 10 year wait for a Daytona. In many bigger coastal markets an honest AD will simply tell you "sorry, it just won't happen." 5 years IS a success story for a regular customer in a competitive market. Yeah he bought some other watches along the way, but he was getting those at MSRP too which constitutes further wins in this crazy world. Your comments would be more appropriate (but still in bad taste) if he had to buy $80k in earrings and necklaces.

As another poster mentioned, reddit awaits you with open arms. Run to your people!
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 12:09 AM   #102
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Got this text today.

“Good Morning! The Daytona is ready for you! Let me know what day works best for you to go, and I’ll let you know who will help you”

THE one, THE only....congratulations! Rewarded for your patience and patronage with an amazing piece.
Old 2 June 2024, 12:44 AM   #103
Lambo The Jambo
"TRF" Member

Massive congratulations and enjoy!
Lambo The Jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 12:47 AM   #104
jj312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I didn't ask you either. Yet here we are. See how that works?

Aggressive? No. Direct? Blunt? YES!!! Someone sure needs to point out to this gentleman that his "friend" isn't so friendly.
You must be a blast at parties 🙄
jj312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 12:58 AM   #105
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

OP, huge congratulations that’s THE Daytona and I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 01:27 AM   #106
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanch View Post
That 5 year wait worked out in your favor, cause instead of getting an 11 series Daytona, you got a 12 series Daytona! Enjoy your purchase and wear in good health.
This /\/\ … Congrats !
Old 2 June 2024, 03:04 AM   #107
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Spent $80k, sold back several watches to the same AD at a loss because I don’t wear them much. A few watch repairs. Referred a few clients. Most importantly, I have a good relationship with the owner.

Thank you for sharing and being transparent. Enjoy the new watch!
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 03:09 AM   #108
Socalwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Congrats! Patience paid off. Still waiting for my oysterflex Daytona 2 years later….
Socalwatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 03:13 AM   #109
MP777
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The new 126500 is a stunner
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 03:33 AM   #110
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio_UKR View Post
And after all this it took you 5 years still? Wild..

Congrats tho!
My thoughts too, all the same glad the OP's wait paid off. Congrats and wear it in good health. Cheers
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 05:38 AM   #111
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There’s nothing like a bunch of keyboard warriors racing to the defense of a complete internet stranger all while feigning offense.

Ironically, I wasn’t the only person on this thread to make the same or similar comments. Did you go this hard after them?

This forum has a LONG history of calling people out for “paying for the privilege of buying a Rolex”. I did what has been done a thousand times on this forum.

AND I’ll say it again. The OP’s BFF (best friend forever!) clipped him for $80k of in-house ‘spend’, bought back some or all of those timepieces at wholesale prices and made him wait 5 years for the privilege.

YES. 100% the OP should re-evaluate this relationship. It’s abusive.

And I have 100% bought gifts and several bottles of wine for my salesperson. Flowers too. And dinner! My total spend on ALL these items is paltry in comparison to the benefits that I have received. The 1 watch that I flipped after wearing it for 9-months paid for everything. And then some. C'mon. Are you actually going to defend an $80k spend and a 5 year wait for a watch?
Those guys begging for money at traffic lights actually collect decent $/hr. With that said, I’d rather be the ones collecting cans to recycle than be a beggar.

To each their own
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2024, 05:44 AM   #112
noshame
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclr View Post
This has to be one of the more memorable threads. Don't spoil our fun. I'm very interested in watches, but my buying days are probably over and I'm here for the entertainment. Glad to see that OP got a great watch and the thread was entertaining. I'm in awe of KMalone continuing to respond. Such confidence is inspiring. I'd follow him over a cliff anytime.
Hey steveclr, I agree this has been an entertaining thread to read ... that's why I read every post in it! I almost never comment on the responses from other members, but for some reason this guy was a little too much, for me personally. I apologize for possibly ending your fun if he stops chiming in.
Old 2 June 2024, 06:56 AM   #113
karleone
"TRF" Member

Congrats again OP! Mine says hi!

karleone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2024, 06:57 AM   #114
Lawlex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Congratulations OP! Thanks for sharing the story.
Great score and relationship pays off !

Lawlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2024, 08:58 AM   #115
USMC034L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs, GMT, DJ, PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
Congrats again OP! Mine says hi!

wow, amazing photo here! Also, congrats to OP on the acquisition. I hope to be joining the 12 club next year if my AD delivers
Old 4 June 2024, 10:00 AM   #116
SVH
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 16750
Congrats, it looks good on you!
SVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2024, 10:02 AM   #117
lee_733
"TRF" Member

Definitely ignore all the noise.. congrats on the beautiful new watch to your collection. If anything, consider that the amount of time you waited makes achieving your goal that much more meaningful to yourself.
lee_733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 09:14 AM   #118
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Congratulations. You came a long way OP and have ARRIVED. Wear it in good health sir.
Old 6 June 2024, 10:32 AM   #119
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Congratulations OP! I can trump your 5 year wait with my 8 year wait that just ended a couple of weeks ago!

Enjoy and welcome to the Daytona club! :)
Old 6 June 2024, 11:08 AM   #120
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

I disagree. I have a Pepsi. I have a 116500 black. I have a hulk. I however am still waiting for a panda from my dealer. I got the Pepsi fairly quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
It actually isn’t a big difference. Pepsi on jubilee is just as tough to get
Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote