The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 July 2024, 07:04 PM   #91
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Tudor is so damn tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
Love my blue Pelagos!

Never gonna spend $30-40K for a 116619, the Pelagos 42 works perfect for my needs!

Can’t disagree with that sentiment!

The blue 42 is a lovely piece - a real character! Having said that, it’s suited to wrists over 7” (in my opinion)…
The Londonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 02:50 AM   #92
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I have a BB58 and a 116610 Sub.

When I first started expressing interest in the Sub I was basically laughed out of every store! I considered getting the BB58 instead.

Eventually I found an AD willing to sell me the Sub and only waited a day.

I got the BB58 about 2 years later and I love it but I can promise you, if your heart is set on a Sub, or a Rolex for that matter, the Tudor will not suffice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 03:12 PM   #93
Big Kahuna 0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pelagos
If you loved the Pelagos 39 just wait till you see the new 41mm Black Bay Monochrome! Such a beautiful piece and less than half the cost of a Submariner.
Big Kahuna 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 04:55 PM   #94
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by misochew View Post
FWIW…

The Tudor boutique in SoCal (Costa Mesa) took a 50% deposit on a BB Monochrome with promise of 3-4 weeks. I received the call after two weeks.

…and I’m loving this watch! Think I can live with “almost a Sub” feeling because I paid 1/3rd the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by misochew View Post
FWIW…

The Tudor boutique in SoCal (Costa Mesa) took a 50% deposit on a BB Monochrome with promise of 3-4 weeks. I received the call after two weeks.

…and I’m loving this watch! Think I can live with “almost a Sub” feeling because I paid 1/3rd the price

I bought the OG Black Bay Black smiley face way back. Sold it eventually as it was too thick. Bought the OG 58 as soon as it came to AD. Love it. Couple of weeks ago I considered the new FXD cycling model. Chapter ring text too small to read. But this caught my eye and I came back two weeks later to secure it. Will wait a few months before I decide if the 58 goes or stays. Have a couple of Roex and have owned others. Dont buy for a moment that Tudor are poor man's Rolex. They stand very tall on their own these days.

BTW have had this verified at several AD's... The best selling Tudor model - 58. The best selling 58 - the OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2024, 11:14 PM   #95
Scholar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 0311 View Post
If you loved the Pelagos 39 just wait till you see the new 41mm Black Bay Monochrome! Such a beautiful piece and less than half the cost of a Submariner.
I dunno. I think the Pelagos 39 is basically the same thing as the black Black Bay 41mm, except better in every respect.

If you're going to get the METAS Black Bay 41, get the burgundy version; much nicer package.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2024, 09:41 AM   #96
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
I dunno. I think the Pelagos 39 is basically the same thing as the black Black Bay 41mm, except better in every respect.

If you're going to get the METAS Black Bay 41, get the burgundy version; much nicer package.

Everyone has an opinion I suppose. Personally the only similarity I saw our felt between these two was the logo.

Old 14 July 2024, 09:55 AM   #97
integritytime
"TRF" Member

Watch: My 2010 Submariner
Big Tudor fan.
integritytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2024, 10:59 AM   #98
Mimar2910
Banned

I would wait for the Sub regardless.
Mimar2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 02:08 AM   #99
reposado
"TRF" Member

Tudor is a funny one. I've bought and sold a few as they were never quite right for me (58 on fabric and BB Pro) I've recently purchased the '58 GMT. I genuinely think this and the 39 Pelagos are the best watches they make. I like my new '58 GMT so much i've sold my BLNR.

That said, i've got a collection of other Rolex watches to enjoy.

If you want the Submariner, I don't think the '39 will scratch the itch. I'd just buy both, they're different enough to be enjoyed as part of a collection with the '39 being titanium with the fully lumed bezel etc.

The big plus of owning a great Tudor is that it gives you the option of wearing something less ostentatious when circumstances require it like travel etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 783747.jpg (188.9 KB, 306 views)
reposado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 02:49 AM   #100
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Angus View Post
Was at AD this morning and the Pelagos 39 looks amazing!

I'm on wait for a no-date Submariner but I'm tempted to forego the wait and get the Pelagos.

Am I just a prisoner of the moment?
You are thinking clearly and it would be a wise move! I have owned my Pelagos for several years and it is one of my favorite watches at any price point! The value in that brand is undeniable. Get one.
Old 15 July 2024, 05:56 AM   #101
pigman08
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,16710,214270
A Ranger is definitely on my shortlist, and I’ll also get one if the Pelagos 39 ever comes out in blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛- Yet to be determined, but a white 16520 is on the short list. (I believe that I'll be able to read it better than my old 116520)
pigman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 07:10 AM   #102
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
I have been evaluating for a while and finally got the Tudor GMT with the opaline dial. I find the latest GMT really compelling!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tudor 8.jpg (132.8 KB, 301 views)
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 07:31 AM   #103
Nice marmot
"TRF" Member

Would Tudor please make the 39 in the same blue as the 42 already!
Nice marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 08:50 AM   #104
gingerbee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor pelagos
As a child of the 1980's I have always loved the Gold Presi and a Sub and have always wanted a sub right up to the point I bought my Pelogos 42mm since buying that watch for me, it has filled my want for a sub, I know it won't for everyone but I love it so much I am planning on buying a second next summer if I can swing it along with a vintage Datejust.

so if you want it get it and see if you still want the sub if ya do then you can focus on getting one.
gingerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 03:13 PM   #105
MSL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270,15010,P39
Get a P39 and see what it's like living with a diver.If you enjoy it then add a sub,if its meh or you value diversity then look at other watches.
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 04:04 PM   #106
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by reposado View Post
Tudor is a funny one. I've bought and sold a few as they were never quite right for me (58 on fabric and BB Pro) I've recently purchased the '58 GMT. I genuinely think this and the 39 Pelagos are the best watches they make. I like my new '58 GMT so much i've sold my BLNR.

That said, i've got a collection of other Rolex watches to enjoy.

If you want the Submariner, I don't think the '39 will scratch the itch. I'd just buy both, they're different enough to be enjoyed as part of a collection with the '39 being titanium with the fully lumed bezel etc.

The big plus of owning a great Tudor is that it gives you the option of wearing something less ostentatious when circumstances require it like travel etc.
Great pic!! Love the new Coke bezel…just wish they would have done a different color GMT hand for it. Still like it, but it feels a little “flat” without a different color on the GMT hand.

My opaline GMT is one of my most worn watches; I really enjoy it!
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 06:00 AM   #107
reposado
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Great pic!! Love the new Coke bezel…just wish they would have done a different color GMT hand for it. Still like it, but it feels a little “flat” without a different color on the GMT hand.

My opaline GMT is one of my most worn watches; I really enjoy it!
Thanks Steve! You know, I think you’re right, a burgundy GMT hand to match the bezel would be a nice touch, but then it’s nice that a contrast GMT hand is reserved for the full size GMT, keeps the range more diverse I guess!
reposado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 06:15 AM   #108
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Tudor has such a nice catalogue at the moment:
-BB54
-BB58
-GMT Opaline
-BB58 GMT
-P39
-FXD
-41 monochrome

I sometimes forget just how strong their current lineup is. Can’t go wrong with any, if you’re buying out of enjoyment and not for flexing or Rolex substitute.
espanol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 10:09 AM   #109
martyjanderson
"TRF" Member

Watch: omega sm chronogra
after the honeymoon phase i found my pelagos 42 boring. I realized I like shinier and flashier watches. much prefer the adjustment system on omega and rolex over the spring setting on the clasp of pelagos.

Great lume but a very boring watch.
martyjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 04:20 PM   #110
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
i’d wait for the sub
x2
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 09:05 PM   #111
nGage7962
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 TT Champagne
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesnyder View Post
I have been evaluating for a while and finally got the Tudor GMT with the opaline dial. I find the latest GMT really compelling!
Uncle Seiko Jubilee ?

DSSD
DJ 41 TT/Champagne
Tudor GMT
nGage7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 12:23 AM   #112
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
I would not want to be seen dead with a Tudor, but I can understand the attraction when compared to the 6-digit Rolexes as they look closer to the sublime 5-digits. But why not get the real thing and get a 5-digit Rolex?
Old 18 July 2024, 12:23 AM   #113
Tcw495
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Angus View Post
Was at AD this morning and the Pelagos 39 looks amazing!

I'm on wait for a no-date Submariner but I'm tempted to forego the wait and get the Pelagos.

Am I just a prisoner of the moment?
I went to inquire about Pepsi and picked up a 42mm Pelagos with a blue dial that was CPO. It was very lightly used so felt like a great deal. Now that I have Pepsi, the Pepsi is on my wrist quite a bit, but I still come home and treat it like my baby and put it upstairs in the watch box and change into my Pelagos for around the house and still wear Pelagos to work occasionally, in the pool, to run errands, etc.

I'd say Pepsi ends up with 70+% of wrist time, but I love having my Pelagos as part of my collection because I don't have to worry about it at all and the matte dials just look so good in person.

TL;DR - Buy both!!
Tcw495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 02:01 AM   #114
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
I would not want to be seen dead with a Tudor, but I can understand the attraction when compared to the 6-digit Rolexes as they look closer to the sublime 5-digits. But why not get the real thing and get a 5-digit Rolex?
Because not everyone has money to burn. For many a Tudor might be just right for their budget and for the price you get a decent watch. Many don't have the budget to pay more than double for a 5-digits Sub. Different strokes for different folks.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 02:20 AM   #115
ppierce
"TRF" Member

Wait for Sub then get blue Pelagos for some contrast.
ppierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 03:07 AM   #116
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
Me neither. But while I'm still living I'm enjoying the hell out of these. Btw, I already have a 5 digit Rolex.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb_P1290439_1024.jpg (228.0 KB, 112 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 08:13 AM   #117
martyjanderson
"TRF" Member

Watch: omega sm chronogra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexken View Post
It won’t stop the desire for the Sub so I would wait.
for sure not. already sold my pelagos 42 prior to get the sd 43 and i know not same category but all the tudors are so below rolex and my omega and breitlings. dont care what the specs say they feel cheap in comparison to the brands I mentioned. Great lume on the pelagos though. if had done it again id have just skipped it as i liked it but wasn't in love with it and like many wannabe rolex buyers in back of mind thought it would scratch the itch for sub or sd 43
martyjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 06:18 PM   #118
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO[emoji[emoji[emoji638
[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]];[emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]]]]I would not want to be seen dead with a Tudor, but I can understand the attraction when compared to the [emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]]]-digit Rolexes as they look closer to the sublime [emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]-digits. But why not get the real thing and get a [emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]-digit Rolex?

Aren’t Tudor’s real watches? What tripe.

Old 18 July 2024, 06:39 PM   #119
Hourglasss
"TRF" Member

Get them both, but sometimes it just take patience.
Hourglasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 07:48 PM   #120
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
Aren’t Tudor’s real watches? What tripe.

I never said Tudors were not real watches, I just (strongly I confess) implied they were wannabe Rolexes.