The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 June 2024, 06:41 PM   #121
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

In honour of this conversation, I've taken a bullet today and decided to wear my "terrible" "ruined" "awful" 126610LN... what an idiot I must be to not be able to see how disgusting it is, I hope no one sees me wearing it.

Old 19 June 2024, 06:48 PM   #122
Scottyboy
Banned

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
In honour of this conversation, I've taken a bullet today and decided to wear my "terrible" "ruined" "awful" 126610LN... what an idiot I must be to not be able to see how disgusting it is, I hope no one sees me wearing it.

Just to add insult to injury, you're wearing it on the wrong wrist too!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 07:02 PM   #123
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Just to add insult to injury, you're wearing it on the wrong wrist too!
hur hur hur
Old 19 June 2024, 10:21 PM   #124
Lever Escapement
"TRF" Member

I'm glad you don't all ride Harley Davidsons.......That's all I'm saying..... Or maybe you all do
Lever Escapement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 12:26 PM   #125
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post
I also do not like the latest variant size, they should have kept it at 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 12 series is 0.3mm larger than the 11 series. The 40 was over 40mm and the 41 is under 41mm.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 12:52 PM   #126
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

11 for me by a long shot. It’s got a unique vibe and I’m into it. Future classic I think.

I have the 116610ln and it’s my absolute favorite Rolex ever produced!

Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 12:57 PM   #127
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

If you don’t like either the 11 or the 12 series, of which I prefer the 12 having the 124060. There is always the 116600 which is a great compromise, ceramic bezel good proportions, although slightly thicker and it still has the 3135! I have a 16610LV which wears very well but it doesn’t have the same feel as the ceramics.
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 01:01 PM   #128
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Only thing that annoys me is the new clasp.
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 07:59 PM   #129
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
The 12 series is 0.3mm larger than the 11 series. The 40 was over 40mm and the 41 is under 41mm.
Yes, but you're talking about our Earth mm, Rolex use their own.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 08:15 PM   #130
JonnyOld Boy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
Is it me or there are others who do not like the case shape and bracelet of the latest gen (126610) sub? Most reviews etc overwhelming seems to be favout the updated model.

I have the 126610LV for almost a year now. For me the the color of the bezel (mk2) has been the main attraction but with time i have started to focus bit more on the other elements of the watch (like case and bracelet).

I feel the case on the new feel bit too vintage inspired. I for one dont mind bit more modern styling. And I also think I prefer the 20mm bracelet of the last model.

Does anyone else think the same?
I have tried both on. I would buy neither but probably will end up with a no-date sub at some point.
The wider lugs on the newer version for me make the bracelet look a bit feminine. It's partly an optical illusion, but partly visual geometry of the tapering bracelet. I would have preferred them to reduce the taper on the wider lug version.
One of my buds was a big Rolex collector and he sold his original one when the wider lug version came out ,,,, he has since reversed that.

One of the reasons the Omega 300M is so popular is the same width bracelet gives a lot of visual impact and blends more with the case in a logical way. I think the narrower lug Sub did not do that obviously , but did not have to as the balance seemed right.

Of all the people I have talked to about this , I would say its 50-50 ,,,,
JonnyOld Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:19 PM   #131
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
On TRF, we wage war over the differences between these 2 watches.

(Note: not my photo. Someone else posted this a while back.)

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:21 PM   #132
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post

Thanks for bringing us back down to earth
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:40 PM   #133
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Utter, utter nonsense...

"ruined" "terrible" "awful" "horrible"

Give me strength lol...
Old 25 June 2024, 11:03 PM   #134
JonnyOld Boy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thats the worst angle to compare them , the one on the left looks obviously mis-proportioned .... but tilt them slightly or do angled shots and the effect is no where near as obvious. The one on the left is desperately crying out to be put on a waterproof leather performance strap.
Old 25 June 2024, 11:12 PM   #135
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

I think the photo shows a difference that should help new buyers.

The thicker lugs & crown guards on the newer iteration means you can do much more damage and have it ground down/polished before someone notes the "pointyness"...

I don't own one anymore but I think a fixed lugbar version would be dope. Complete with Kevlar Zulu or NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 11:16 PM   #136
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

The thicker lugs & crown guards on the newer iteration means you can do much more damage and have it ground down/polished before someone notes the "pointyness"...

I don't own one anymore but I think a fixed lugbar version would be dope. Complete with Kevlar Zulu or NATO.

Paul, I could be wrong but didn’t some one here do that mod?

Maybe I’m just living a fantasy or it could be I’m off my meds, but I think I remember seeing something
Old 26 June 2024, 12:44 AM   #137
JonnyOld Boy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I haven't read anything negative in this thread. The move from the maxi case to current case was a big leap for Rolex and understandingly many people prefer the older model, and some don't. It's all good.
The newer model has also suffered a very occasional QC issues with the underside of the lugs not being finished properly, never heard of that in the older cased ones. To be fair RSC do address those when they rarely pop up and finish the underside properly. It's not common, but seemed to coincide with the batch of black OPs that had scratched hands a few years back so maybe it was just those manufactured on a single bring-your-kid-to-work day
Old 26 June 2024, 12:54 AM   #138
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
Wow, this is a whole lot of posts for a whole lot of nothing.
Yobber76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 01:02 AM   #139
JonnyOld Boy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobber76 View Post
Wow, this is a whole lot of posts for a whole lot of nothing.
And who said you guys don't do Irony !?
Old 26 June 2024, 03:25 AM   #140
slide13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOld Boy View Post
I have tried both on. I would buy neither but probably will end up with a no-date sub at some point.
The wider lugs on the newer version for me make the bracelet look a bit feminine. It's partly an optical illusion, but partly visual geometry of the tapering bracelet. I would have preferred them to reduce the taper on the wider lug version.
One of my buds was a big Rolex collector and he sold his original one when the wider lug version came out ,,,, he has since reversed that.

One of the reasons the Omega 300M is so popular is the same width bracelet gives a lot of visual impact and blends more with the case in a logical way. I think the narrower lug Sub did not do that obviously , but did not have to as the balance seemed right.

Of all the people I have talked to about this , I would say its 50-50 ,,,,

And I'm the exact opposite. One of the things I love about Rolex bracelets is the nice taper to them. I hate non-tapering bracelets. Have a soft spot for the Omega SMP because a 2254.50 was my first good watch back in the early 2000's but I just can't handle the non-tapering bracelet...they just seem so inelegant to me. I had one just a couple years ago, it lasted a few months before I moved it on because of that bracelet.
slide13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 05:26 AM   #141
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Quote:
Is it me or there are others who do not like the case shape and bracelet of the latest gen (126610) sub? Most reviews etc overwhelming seems to be favout the updated model.

I have the 126610LV for almost a year now. For me the the color of the bezel (mk2) has been the main attraction but with time i have started to focus bit more on the other elements of the watch (like case and bracelet).

I feel the case on the new feel bit too vintage inspired. I for one dont mind bit more modern styling. And I also think I prefer the 20mm bracelet of the last model.

I feel I wrote this post myself this is what I've been saying since they discontinued the 116610ln and lv the super case in 40mm is perfect for me
I sold my 126610lv and brought another 116610ln I cant stand the skinny lugs ,the pointed cg, the wide 21mm lug width, the bulky wide clasp,I dont like that the bracelet has not much taper,I dont like 41mm case,I dont like the flush sel with the lugs either,I dont like the crystal sit up higher.and i prefer the old movement 3135 ,70 hour power reserve to me is useless as i wear my watches constantly

The only thing I liked was the new bright green bezel insert on the mk2 kermit but i just didnt like the aesthetics of the 41mm sub so it had to go.
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 06:14 AM   #142
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:

The newer one is on the right with thinner lugs
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 06:27 AM   #143
Commander C.
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I don't know which is which, but I prefer the look of the one on the right. The one on the left has a chunkier look, I guess from the wider lugs (they are wider, right?) and the larger crown guards (those are larger too, right?). So, all things being equal, I would rather have the one on the right, whichever that one is. Ultimately, though, between the two, I would take the one without the 32XX movement . . . again, whichever one that is.
Commander C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 06:31 AM   #144
Jefferyasher
"TRF" Member

I will just sit here quietly with my 14060m and watch the show. Popcorn anyone?
Jefferyasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 06:38 AM   #145
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander C. View Post
I don't know which is which, but I prefer the look of the one on the right. The one on the left has a chunkier look, I guess from the wider lugs (they are wider, right?) and the larger crown guards (those are larger too, right?). So, all things being equal, I would rather have the one on the right, whichever that one is. Ultimately, though, between the two, I would take the one without the 32XX movement . . . again, whichever one that is.
Yes the newer one on the right has thinner lugs and crown guards
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 08:02 AM   #146
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Paul, I could be wrong but didn’t some one here do that mod?

Maybe I’m just living a fantasy or it could be I’m off my meds, but I think I remember seeing something

Could be - I don't recall a recent one. But there was an old Vietnam era one that want to recall where to original owner had made that mod.

I was thinking along the lines of a commemorative edition as Rolex did with the Le Mans.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 08:15 AM   #147
Toptimes
"TRF" Member

The 126610 has indeed received praise for its updated features and improvements, but that doesn't mean it's universally loved by everyone, your preference for a more modern styling in case design and the slightly narrower bracelet width is valid and reflects your personal taste.
Toptimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 11:03 AM   #148
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptimes View Post
The 126610 has indeed received praise for its updated features and improvements, but that doesn't mean it's universally loved by everyone, your preference for a more modern styling in case design and the slightly narrower bracelet width is valid and reflects your personal taste.
at 5 pages now, this is spot on. "Ruined" for someone is the they "fixed" it for another. Buy and wear what you like. And I have several 5 digit, a 11610LN, and several12 series subs (and like them all for what they uniquely are). Most wrist time now are the 12 series (mixed in at times with the 16710 pepsi, 16652X daytonas, and 116622 YM). wear and enjoy what you like, as will I
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 11:36 AM   #149
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Could be - I don't recall a recent one. But there was an old Vietnam era one that want to recall where to original owner had made that mod.

I was thinking along the lines of a commemorative edition as Rolex did with the Le Mans.

That would be epic and no doubt highly sought after

Old 26 June 2024, 06:21 PM   #150
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think Rolex made a mess of a lot of their watches when they introduced the "supercase" ceramic models. The 126610 is a slight improvement over the 116610, but not enough to tempt me into a new one. I much prefer the 5- and 4- digit Submariners.

The best-looking current Rolexes are the OP range, with their slimmer, more elegant lugs.

All IMO.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote