The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 December 2009, 07:08 AM   #1
lambert
"TRF" Member

Value of 6694

hello guys !
this is my first post.
Recently i purchased a rolex 6694 with tiffany & Co printed on the face ( which is actually my 2nd rolex, my first was a milgauss limited edition with the green crystal)~
Is in very good condition and it look GORGEOUS !!

I hv paid 2200 usd for it.
looking at some post in this forum, estimated value of a 6694 is around $800 - $ 1500, I m wondering if this deal s a ripped off...

Cause what i originally thought was, since 6694 is the last timpiece of rolex that is hand-wind, the value should be higher right ?

ps. the watch is a steel watch, no diamonds no gold : )

thz!
lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
If it can be confirmed, the value of a Tiffany dial is slightly more than the standard dials.....
Old 19 December 2009, 07:32 AM   #3
mike
"TRF" Member

First of all, welcome.

That your watch is a manual wind does not necessarily attach added value. There are many manual winds that for one reason or another have not caught the collector's eye.

The pricing you've seen seems to be about in line with recent pricing I've seen depending on condition.

As Larry said if the Tiffany dial can be confirmed there might be a slight premium attached to the watch, but that's the rub.

Unlike some other co-branded references Tiffany did not mark the case in any way to denote a Tiffany watch. Only the paperwork (if you have it) or perhaps a previous Rolex service document will confirm the dial.

Secondly, "Tiffany" was applied in several ways so to say one is genuine and another is not can be tough. Tiffany's are some of the most faked dials out there (certainly not to say your's falls into that catagory) and because of that collector's tend to shy away without verification or treat it as a normal watch.

Sadly Tiffany is no help as their record keeping was, well...less than ideal.

Hope this helps a bit.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2009, 08:52 AM   #4
malolo

i concur that there are many fake tiffany dial out-there. I will never consider to buy a tiffany Rolex without paper.

BTW, I like 6694 very much. It is my first rolex indeed. with over 40 years age it still work accurately. a great manual winded watch.
malolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2009, 08:54 AM   #5
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
I'd like pics!!!!!
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2009, 06:27 PM   #6
lambert
"TRF" Member

hello guys !
thz for all the responses
so now i guess there are more things to watch out other than just replica, as people want to sell their watch at a higher price will very likely change it to diamond dials or tiffany dial.. -_-"' and most of the sellers out there do not have those papers and boxes that oringinally come with the watch : (
lambert is offline   Reply With Quote