The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 December 2006, 01:59 AM   #1
sevoguy

Watch: TT DJ/Blue Sub
Jubilee Band Stretch

Hello all,
Several questions for the members...

1. My 18K/SS jubilee band for my 13 yo DJ has a moderate amount of stretch. Can this be repaired or should I plan on replacing the band with another (like) band?

2. If I replace the band with an aftermarket band and then send the DJ to RSC for scheduled service, will RSC refuse to work on the watch?

Thanks in advance!

Sevoguy
sevoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2006, 02:04 AM   #2
Atomic

Hi, the stretch is actually from the pins that hold the bracelet together. It can be fixed from what I understand, but given the number of pins in a jubilee, it might be more cost effective to either get a new one or a slightly used one.

To avoid Rolex rejecting the watch, best to send it in without the bracelet. But you may risk them putting on a NOS bracelet and asking for the full price. Best bet... take it into a SC and get a quote, then make your decision.
Old 6 December 2006, 05:25 AM   #3
sevoguy

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the "stretch" is actually the changing of the shapes of the three middle (18K gold) links from a round shape into an oval shape.

I appreciate your advice Atomic. Guess I'll call nearest RSC (Dallas) as I'm too far for a visit to same. Will post their response. BTW, what is NOS?

Thanks again!
Old 6 December 2006, 05:30 AM   #4
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevoguy View Post
My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the "stretch" is actually the changing of the shapes of the three middle (18K gold) links from a round shape into an oval shape.

I appreciate your advice Atomic. Guess I'll call nearest RSC (Dallas) as I'm too far for a visit to same. Will post their response. BTW, what is NOS?

Thanks again!

New Old Stock
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2006, 07:28 AM   #5
OysterDavid
Banned

Streeeeech

The links in the center are actually 'D' shaped. As was noted, the stretch is a natural occurrence just from wearing the bracelet and it is the little metal pins that eventually bend a bit, loosening the links.

One of the Rolex Service Centers will offer you a new/replacement...not a new old stock, if the bracelet is beyond just a buff and shine repair. You'll have to pay what they ask and they'll take the old one in 'trade'.

I've seen a fair number of 20mm Two Toned Rolex Jubilee bracelets on the 'bay auction site...they tend to come and go, but reappear with some regularity. Some are in better shape than others, and so long as you're buying an 'official' branded Rolex bracelet, there will be no problem submitting it to an RSC for servicing. I've also seen pre owned Jubilee bracelets at vendor sites where they sell used Rolex things. A Google search may help, and then it's just bouncing from site to site if you're so inclined...but that said, there's nothing short of buying new that replicates the look and feel of an RSC restored Rolex with a replacement bracelet. You'll really think you've acquired a new timepiece.

And, there's also the website vendor in Hong Kong who repairs/restores bracelets. An earlier posting has the web address, or you can repost and I'll list it again.

Good luck
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2006, 09:34 AM   #6
mike
"TRF" Member

Try these guys,
http://www.classicwatchparts.com/watch/index.php
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2006, 07:00 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Agree with Mike they do some great work.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2006, 08:38 AM   #8
sevoguy

Thank you all for your suggestions and info. Will contact Classicwatchparts.com.
Sevoguy