The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 February 2007, 07:16 AM   #1
kings4sap
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Daytona

I just had an interesting conversation with one of the best AD's I have ever dealt with (Baron & Leeds on Maui - Hawaii). I purchased my current Rolex from them a little over a year ago while there on vacation (I live in Calif). Just out of curiosity sake I asked them if they have a waiting list for SS Daytonas (I have seen where people "wait" as long as 2 years to get one and I wondered in what format do they do the "waiting"). I was told that they do not have a waiting list and that their store policy is simply to put it in the case when one comes in and the first one to buy it is the lucky guy or gal! I was also told that they will occassionally hold one back and then entice someone who is on the fence about a super high-end Rolex that they will let them buy the SS Daytona if they buy the higher-end one they are debating. None of this surprised me. What did surprise me was that I was also told that they do not do phone orders. The reason being (as I was told) that Rolex wants its customers to develop relationships with local AD's and not buy long distance. I was told, however, that "IF" they ever did a phone order it would have to be via wire transfer and not credit card to avoid fraud. Apparently it varies on how rigid they are when they apply this "rule".

I guess I am going to have to frequent my AD's a little more often to see if I can get "lucky" under the same format!

K4S
kings4sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 08:34 AM   #2
tonelar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seadweller
A good relationship wit a Rolex dealer is always a good think in my book. However, I frequent A&E here in SF and they actually aren't an authorized Rolex dealer. Could've fooled me...

Are you looking for a SS Daytona and having trouble locating one in So Cal??

Wear 'em with PRIDE, y'all.
tonelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 10:03 AM   #3
kings4sap
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Yes - my preference is to buy one retail from an AD - black face.

K4S
kings4sap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Spencer
"TRF" Member

With so many AD's in SoCal, and so many people wanting a Daytona, I think CA, SoCal in particular is probably the hardest and worst place in the country to find a Daytona.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2007, 01:50 AM   #5
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
If you are buying new AD is the way to go!

.......................--::**::--..Rolex Forever..--::**::--.........................
................I KNEEL IN THE LONG SHADOW OF IT'S GREATNESS.............
nko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2007, 04:48 AM   #6
Spark
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Here in the UK waiting lists for the Steel Daytona are quoted as 5-7 years if the AD doesn't laugh you out of the store as they are no longer taking names
2 years would be short here unless of course you are happy to pay £5995-£6200 grey market dealer for a £4400 watch and you can have one tomorrow.
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote