The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 February 2007, 02:49 PM   #1
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Experience with ADs in El Paso!

Back in USA and outprocessing through Ft Bliss near El Paso Texas. Had several hours to kill so decided to visit the 2 local Rolex ADs.

Both had good selection of watches and was personnally showed the watches at both stores by the owners.

But, amazed me at their lack of knowledge on the watches themselves or things they tried to tell me.

"No, we do not have any Rolex catologs, Rolex has never produced a catalog"
(found that funny since I have a Rolex catalog!)

The D and Z serial numbers do not mean anything anymore. Rolex stopped using the date code for years, years ago. They are just all randomly picked.

"Do not know if it is a D or Z serial number, will have to look up the papers for it and not willing to spend the time doing that unless you are serious about purchasing." What???!!!

Good thing was each dealer was willing to sell the Rolex watches and then ship insured for $50 to my home in Indiana if i wished. Could either buy in person now and ship or order over the phone. That way saveon Sales Tax, which is 8.25% in El Paso!!

Asked the one dealer for a 10% discount, but was told no cause only had one in stock.

Really liked the Explorer II Black Face, GMT II red/black bezel and also really liked the Date Just SS, with the new style oyster bracelet. Liked the Date Just in that it had the new luminous hour markers (like the Exp 1) and had laternating red and black date numbers!!

Tempted to buy all 3!! If I sell my Sub ND, that would give me 4 rolex watches and fix me and cover me for life and any future travel, adventures. Don't know if I will go through one of the above ADs or not.

BTW, one of the ADs, had a SUB LV in stock. They also had one of the new GMT II TT with maxi dial. Very nice!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2007, 08:02 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Thanks for the update, Chad.....but their knowledge on the serial numbers and catalogue thing was appalling!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote