The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 29 August 2010, 08:28 AM   #1
bryan0827
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Usaveontime?

Hi - I just took delivery from a brand new SS/WG datejust from Usaveontime. The very day I took posession, I see a negative post on e-bay from a user who claims they are top notch replicas. I took my watch to an AD today to compare with their models. My watch felt lighter than the ones they had, but not significantly. Now I'm concerned I may have purchased a replica. The dealer couldn't explain the difference in weight, but said everything else looked legit. The paperwork looked real, the serial number engraved into the inside of the bezel matched the paperwork, and the etched crown in the crystal looked real to both me and the dealer. They believed it was real, but I now have my doubts. They were unwilling to remove the case to look at the movement. Has anybody purchased from USAVEONTIME lately and actually had thier watch certified? How much did this cost and how do you go about doing it? I know erverybody can run into a bad customer now and then, but I'm deeply concerned.
bryan0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 08:37 AM   #2
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Welcome to TRF Bryan....
A quick search says they are OK to deal with....
Having said that,the only way to truely authenticate your watch is to open the back if you have doubts.....The AD should have done this for you unless they had no one to pressure check after inspection!!!
You mentioned weight,how much lighter did it feel??

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 08:57 AM   #3
bryan0827
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the welcome. I did research on them before I bought and found nothing but positive feedback including from TRF.

I couldn't quite tell how big of weight difference there was, but it was noticable. The AD said that most fakes were significantly off on weight, so they weren't as concerned as I was.
Old 29 August 2010, 09:00 AM   #4
mpkRolex
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Pepsi & Starbucks
Have the AD open the caseback and look at the movement. That is the 100% authenticity check. Make sure you pressure test after.
mpkRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 09:37 AM   #5
TheLino
Retired

Interesting.

Thanks for posting. I recently (a few months ago) purchased a Submariner Date from him and everything seemed fine. All plastic tabs were on the watch, all paper work seemed to be in order and the weight seemed fine, too.

I think you can get it authenticated for about a hundred dollars at most reputable jewelers. For a really high-end rolex, I would suggest submitting it to a Rolex Service Center.

Heck, I might have to do that with MY Rolex, too...
TheLino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 09:55 AM   #6
TheLino
Retired

I have sent an email to Mr. Joel Hernandez (of U$aveOnTime fame). Let's see what he has to say.
Old 29 August 2010, 10:11 AM   #7
USOT
"TRF" Member

Rolex

Bryan,
I encourage all my customers to take their new Rolex Watch to any authorized dealer for a full appraisal and authentication. Furthermore that negative feedback recieved is due to a NON PAYING Bidder.. EBay will remove this feedback due to this guy not taking delivery of the piece and writing a complete lie.
In addition, i stand behind all my products and have been in business for over 12 yrs and have all but happy customers. If i were you i would contact your LOCAL AD that has a WatchMaker on Site an schedule a full appraisal for your own piece of mind and then you can come back on here and "write the end result"

If you have any questions you should have my email address and phone number which you can use to contact me at Whatever Time.

Thanks Again For your Purchase!
--JOEL
USOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 10:15 AM   #8
USOT
"TRF" Member

Rolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan0827 View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I did research on them before I bought and found nothing but positive feedback including from TRF.

I couldn't quite tell how big of weight difference there was, but it was noticable. The AD said that most fakes were significantly off on weight, so they weren't as concerned as I was.

Like i always say if its fake its an all around fake not just weight, bracelet, movement dial ect...

--JOEL
USOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 11:39 AM   #9
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by USOT View Post
Like i always say if its fake its an all around fake not just weight, bracelet, movement dial ect...

--JOEL
Not necessarily. I have seen watches with fake (or aftermarket) parts - dial, bracelet, clasp, end-links. The rest would be original.

Or, a recent instance comes to mind when a guy bought an 18k GMTII Ceramic with green dial, but the papers showed that it was supposed to be a black dial. Does it make it fake? No. Is it factory original - absolutely not. Joel.

Also, about 5 years ago there was a guy pulling Zenith movements out of Daytonas and putting a 7750 variant in real Daytona cases. Now THAT would make it a fake - and only way to tell would be to open the case.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 11:46 AM   #10
TheLino
Retired

Mosco,
Just out of curiosity, were those Zenith movements put into other "authentic" watches? Were they sold on the black market as pre-owned movements?
Old 29 August 2010, 12:14 PM   #11
bryan0827
"TRF" Member

All - thanks for your replies. I will take my watch for appraisal/verification and I will post the results here. I don't want to condemn Joel for 1 bad review since I know he's been in business a long time with a great track record. As you can imagine the negative review was cause for concern and put me on alert. Just to reiterate, the AD wasn't as concerned as I was.
Old 29 August 2010, 12:32 PM   #12
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/GS
Hey Bryan, I've personally have purchased over 10 watches from Joel over the last few years, between my personal collection and for friends, family etc. I've had them authenticated and all have come back as the real deal. Joel is a gentleman and only sells the real thing. I would suggest before making accusations on an open forum, you think about the potential implications. If you want to authenticate the watch, send it to your local AD, it will cost you about 150-200 and than once you have proof that it's real, I'd suggest posting on the forum to clear Joel's name.
Rolex Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2010, 12:40 PM   #13
bryan0827
"TRF" Member

Rolex Freak - Not trying to make accusations (see post immediately above yours), just asking a legitimite question about who has bought from him recently, whether the watch was verified, and how to go about getting the watch verified so I could get the peace of mind that you have. I will get the watch authenticated and will post the results. As you can imagine, the negative feedback on e-bay on the day I took possesion of my watch was cause for great concern. I was trying to be fair and balanced in my replies and even said the AD wasn't as concerned as I was.
Old 29 August 2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan0827 View Post
Rolex Freak - Not trying to make accusations (see post immediately above yours), just asking a legitimite question about who has bought from him recently, whether the watch was verified, and how to go about getting the watch verified so I could get the peace of mind that you have. I will get the watch authenticated and will post the results. As you can imagine, the negative feedback on e-bay on the day I took possesion of my watch was cause for great concern. I was trying to be fair and balanced in my replies and even said the AD wasn't as concerned as I was.
Joel has over 1300 positive feedback all on watch sales and nothing else. One negative comment, and suddenly he's selling fakes. I don't think so. Do your homework and than comment.
Old 29 August 2010, 04:01 PM   #15
kiddoe23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K GMTII GREEN
It seems to me people are quick to jump on the opportunity to possibly damage someone's hard-earned reputation, instead of looking at the facts. I don't see 1300+ posts on how USaveOnTime has delivered over and over and over again, only 1 measly one about a dead beat, non-paying bidder that is obviously not telling the truth. Unfortunately we live in a world that will judge you based on other people's lies, not the truth that you have worked hard to achieve over the years.
kiddoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2010, 01:12 AM   #16
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddoe23 View Post
It seems to me people are quick to jump on the opportunity to possibly damage someone's hard-earned reputation, instead of looking at the facts. I don't see 1300+ posts on how USaveOnTime has delivered over and over and over again, only 1 measly one about a dead beat, non-paying bidder that is obviously not telling the truth. Unfortunately we live in a world that will judge you based on other people's lies, not the truth that you have worked hard to achieve over the years.
X2
Old 30 August 2010, 01:57 AM   #17
MvPWatch
Banned

Joel is a standup guy and there should be NO concern whatsoever. Purchase with 100% confidence!!
MvPWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2010, 05:56 AM   #18
bryan0827
"TRF" Member

All - thanks to everyone for their support of USAVEONTIME and Joel. I had my watch inspected by an AD today. They took the cover off and inspected the movement. The watch is 100% authentic. Add me to the list of happy customers of USAVEONTIME! A great deal for a beautiful watch!
Old 31 August 2010, 06:10 AM   #19
TheLino
Retired

Good to hear.

I, for one, appreciated your post for what it was: simply genuine concern for a high-dollar item purchased online! I did not read any animosity towards U$aveOnTime/Joel.

Enjoy your authentic Rolex!
Old 31 August 2010, 06:29 AM   #20
16610sub
"TRF" Member

I have purchased watches from Joel and he is 100% legit.You will find out that your watch is fine.Bob.
16610sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2010, 04:23 AM   #21
train-time
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: M79360B-0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by USOT View Post
Bryan,
I encourage all my customers to take their new Rolex Watch to any authorized dealer for a full appraisal and authentication. Furthermore that negative feedback recieved is due to a NON PAYING Bidder.. EBay will remove this feedback due to this guy not taking delivery of the piece and writing a complete lie.
In addition, i stand behind all my products and have been in business for over 12 yrs and have all but happy customers. If i were you i would contact your LOCAL AD that has a WatchMaker on Site an schedule a full appraisal for your own piece of mind and then you can come back on here and "write the end result"

If you have any questions you should have my email address and phone number which you can use to contact me at Whatever Time.

Thanks Again For your Purchase!
--JOEL
EBay did exactly that, it's gone
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote