The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 2 September 2010, 09:38 PM   #1
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Final public announcement by bassethounds

For what it still may be worth ...
Stevo has let me know that the money transfer I ordered from our French bank account last week has still not hit his account . I have no reason to doubt this would not be so . However , one must keep in mind that the order was placed from a different agency (600km away) from the one we hold our account . Stevo wanted the funds in his currency (AUD) meaning that we have to buy in the AUD from Euro . We were later asked to send a fax with the signature from my wife as it is a joint account and all operations superior to 2500 would have to be approved by both . These things may or may not contribute to the delay .

More importantly , since I have made another high ticket operation with one of the most if not the most respectable trader here on TRF . I had already arranged NOT to pay me for the item that he has received from me and hold the amount , which is considerably higher then what is owed to Stevo , as collateral till Stevo was paid . Again the typical arrangements made by a fraud & thief , wouldn't you say so ?

Now in light of what was going on Stevo has just been offered by this seller to be sent the full amount via Paypal immediately , but that has been declined by Stevo .
To me it seems that the " public issue " is of far greater importance then the actual receiving of the funds .
After being accused of "stealing"and having been dragged through the mud via a the "Warning" post with the intention to turn me into a "scammer " .
Next I will be cited along with Madoff , but in my case as the only scammer that actually puts more of his own money in then he gets out !

What ever may be said after this , one thing is sure Stevo will be reimbursed 100% . There was never any doubt about that , only doubt was created .
Old 2 September 2010, 11:36 PM   #2
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
I take it that since Steve's first post about this his money has still to be returned to him? I am not clear about the explanation at all I am sure that Steve would want his money over keeping this issue "public" to insinuate otherwise is extremely poor taste.

I cannot see why steve's money has not been returned. There is no logic to the post. This should have been cleared and dealt with by now

I seriously hope it's going to be sorted soon.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 2 September 2010, 11:50 PM   #3
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
Now in light of what was going on Stevo has just been offered by this seller to be sent the full amount via Paypal immediately , but that has been declined by Stevo .
I am not aware of all of the facts so I am not taking sides.

I understand the issue is between yourself and Steve. Nothing to do with a third party.

I would also decline a payment from a third party, especially if it were done by Paypal and its potential subsequent disputes and holds and freezing of ones account. As you may recall this has been done before to Steve and caused no end of problems to TRF.

I believe that a simple transfer of monies should have been done days ago.
Old 3 September 2010, 12:28 AM   #4
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjp6 View Post
I am not aware of all of the facts so I am not taking sides.

I understand the issue is between yourself and Steve. Nothing to do with a third party.

I would also decline a payment from a third party, especially if it were done by Paypal and its potential subsequent disputes and holds and freezing of ones account. As you may recall this has been done before to Steve and caused no end of problems to TRF.

I believe that a simple transfer of monies should have been done days ago.
I would have to agree with you Michael
Under normal circumstances this would not have posed the same problem .
Given that I was out of my usual place of residence due to unpleasant family matters and under pressure of the initial "warning" thread issued , I engaged immediately in a procedure to wire the money from an account we hold in France from when we resided there till about 18 months ago. Anyone with experience with the French banking system will agree that this is less evident then one may expect or hope for. Out of euro currency and EEC transactions are subject to a different procedure . Especially holding a non-resident account .
I only wanted to point out that I tried to establish several "securities" to show Stevo that there is no ill intent and certainly not to "steal" his money as said in a mail .
Given that Stevo has every assurance , even be it by a third party and rest assured it is not a lightweight one , to get his money in due course . The offer does not restrict itself to a PayPal transaction , of which I would not be a fan off neither , but it was the only instant solution on offer .
My reason to this thread is that I cannot see why there is this constant need to launch the public bashing , unless that is something that seems to take priority against seeking a solution .
Old 3 September 2010, 12:32 AM   #5
Nicko
Banned

Tristan,

There is only one way to make this go away and you know what it is. I strongly suggest that you take that course of action otherwise prepare for the consequences. If it were my money I would be extremely upset. I was under the impression this was cleared up days ago, sorry to hear that it wasn't. Do what you need to do but do it NOW. I can not take sides in this matter anymore, this has clearly gone way beyond a simple misunderstanding.
Old 3 September 2010, 12:40 AM   #6
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
All due respect to both parties, and after reading both threads in detail.... I feel Steve has been more than generous with regards to his time and coin involved.

Not one bit surprised that someone might be holding a piece against what's owed and due either for more or for less.
Old 3 September 2010, 12:51 AM   #7
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
There was never any doubt about that , only doubt was created .
By whom Tristan, by whom. Come on, you are smarter than that.

Sorry mate, I can't give you any more support, I'm about all out of patience too. Imagine what Steveo is going through. I haven't any dogs in this hunt, and I'm still upset, imagine if I did....
Old 3 September 2010, 01:00 AM   #8
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Old 3 September 2010, 01:01 AM   #9
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
I seem to be missing something really important here. Did Steve receive the watch? I am not in the loop of things. But, I want to believe that Tristan is not a scammer.

I have a small side business that imports produce containers from Costa Rica. The wire transfers are sometimes a great mess. I wire anywhere from $10k to $17k per container per week. I transfer the money with no problem. But, whenever the money comes this way, it is a problem. Not making excuses as I have no idea how the French banking system works, but banks aren't the friendliest.

Tristan, why not overnight him a cashiers check and put this issue to rest. Or Paypal? The same form of payment that we use to buy more PM space.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Old 3 September 2010, 01:05 AM   #10
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
I have read many, many posts written by Tristan. We've PM each other also. Everytime I perfectly understood. These last 2 or 3 posts from him are so hard to follow, they are almost jibberish.

I sincerely hope for a satisfactory end for them both.

Maybe the vino talking. It was 13:38 local time when he first posted.

Just trying to keep this light!

Prick #8
Old 3 September 2010, 01:09 AM   #11
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

There is no need for this thread.

Once the matter is resolved then fine.

Please, no arguments here to cloud the issue which is a very simple one, the return of Steve's money.
Old 3 September 2010, 01:09 AM   #12
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Please, no arguments here to cloud the issue which is a very simple one, the return of Steve's money.
Old 3 September 2010, 01:14 AM   #13
EE33
"TRF" Member

I feel Nicko has busted his B@lls over this issue time and time again trying to save your @ss.
The consensus is overwhelming now, Please do the right thing...
Old 3 September 2010, 01:14 AM   #14
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep04 View Post
I seem to be missing something really important here. Did Steve receive the watch? I am not in the loop of things. But, I want to believe that Tristan is not a scammer.

I have a small side business that imports produce containers from Costa Rica. The wire transfers are sometimes a great mess. I wire anywhere from $10k to $17k per container per week. I transfer the money with no problem. But, whenever the money comes this way, it is a problem. Not making excuses as I have no idea how the French banking system works, but banks aren't the friendliest.

Tristan, why not overnight him a cashiers check and put this issue to rest. Or Paypal? The same form of payment that we use to buy more PM space.

Pep , if you think it can be difficult wiring from an account you use on a daily basis , try if from another country via a branch that does not even hold your non resident account . Yes , seems to take more time then expected . I have no longer control over the funds and Stevo did not yet receive it .
Paypal ? Stevo could have had that yesterday , he declined . I can understand that I avoid paypal as much as possible .
One thing Stevo can NOT deny is he KNOWS FOR CERTAIN that the money is secured and that he will get it very soon .
Old 3 September 2010, 01:22 AM   #15
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Tristan, why not overnight him a cashiers check? I would do that and put this to rest already.

I understand that there is a watch as collateral but sending him the money is the only way you can clear your name of further tarnish.

Overnight him and check and Steve will be happy when his funds clear and you can get your money from the other trusted seller. You sent him a watch through the mail already. that seems to be the most trusted form of getting one thing from point a to point b. Why not give that a chance?

Prick #8
Old 3 September 2010, 01:25 AM   #16
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post

Thank you Paul ,
It was catch 22 .. I started this thread trying to say exactly that . I would have gladly posted a reply to Stevo post this morning . However it is closed , it is the moderators prerogative to post on closed threads . What was I to do ?
The funny thing is , that when Stevo launched the warning thread I could somehow understand his concern and and maybe see why he did it . I really had a problem to communicate for technical reasons .
I was surprised to see so much support from members even I was more in the wrong then now .
I have done all what was possible available to me at that time to try and get that money out , and I dare to say " even more then that "
Hence that there is a more then reliable party holding funds belonging to me , these were even offered to Stevo but he declined . I can understand that he declines Paypal as we all know what could happen . But a wire is also available , and this would have saved me a lot of costs . I will have to pay again the costs resulting in the 3rd party wiring me the funds .
All I wanted to get to ..nothing more
Old 3 September 2010, 01:35 AM   #17
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
Thank you Paul ,
It was catch 22 .. I started this thread trying to say exactly that . I would have gladly posted a reply to Stevo post this morning . However it is closed , it is the moderators prerogative to post on closed threads . What was I to do ?
The funny thing is , that when Stevo launched the warning thread I could somehow understand his concern and and maybe see why he did it . I really had a problem to communicate for technical reasons .
I was surprised to see so much support from members even I was more in the wrong then now .
I have done all what was possible available to me at that time to try and get that money out , and I dare to say " even more then that "
Hence that there is a more then reliable party holding funds belonging to me , these were even offered to Stevo but he declined . I can understand that he declines Paypal as we all know what could happen . But a wire is also available , and this would have saved me a lot of costs . I will have to pay again the costs resulting in the 3rd party wiring me the funds .
All I wanted to get to ..nothing more
Sorry Tristan, I wanted to stay out but couldn't, call me crazy. We have had several phone calls and emails about this and I have been uber supportive, but way too much time has transpired. I emailed you to warn you about the thread and to come here any retort but then you come back with more confusing explanations. I am surprised that Steveo hasn't made any comments till now. Why don't you take cash down to the bank and get a cashier's check or some other negotiable instrument? If I need to get money to someone, (and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed) I can do it in a matter of a couple of hours, without Paypal. It's not about you anymore, it's about Steveo and Steveo getting his money back ASAP. Come on man, let's settle this, you could have gotten on a plane and handed him the money by now, which of course might not be out of the question.
Old 3 September 2010, 02:35 AM   #18
EE33
"TRF" Member

Why delete my factual post and delete Pep04's quote???, I'm sure Stevo would be disgusted with you masking the truth and an honest post, it never hurt nobody nor strayed from the TRUTH!
Old 3 September 2010, 02:43 AM   #19
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
Why delete my factual post and delete Pep04's quote???, I'm sure Stevo would be disgusted with you masking the truth and an honest post, it never hurt nobody nor strayed from the TRUTH!
This not a lynching. Tristan is not a scammer, we are not here to draw and quarter him, but hopefully to help the situation along by making some recommendations and discussing the issue. It's all about Steveo getting his money back as soon as possible. Counterproductive posts help no one.
Old 3 September 2010, 02:53 AM   #20
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
This not a lynching. Tristan is not a scammer, we are not here to draw and quarter him, but hopefully to help the situation along by making some recommendations and discussing the issue. It's all about Steveo getting his money back as soon as possible. Counterproductive posts help no one.
I was and never will be counterproductive and I NEVER CALLED TRISTANA A SCAMMER
I simply quoted Stevo's post from another thread which still stands, stating the fact that Tristan was given a 100 Euros EXTRA to cover costs, what wrong with that??? Is that bending the truth??? when Tristan said he's out of pocket via the exchange rate. Fair go guys, please don't delete or edit honest post.
Old 3 September 2010, 02:58 AM   #21
EE33
"TRF" Member

To the Mod who deleted Pep's and my post, please reinstate our posts, Thank You
Old 3 September 2010, 02:59 AM   #22
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To the Mod who deleted Pep's and my post, please reinstate our posts, Thank You
Good luck with that request!
Old 3 September 2010, 03:32 AM   #23
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
It needs to be said: It has been eight days since Steve's frustration with a lack of action forced him to out Tristan on TRF as a person to beware of. Prior to the initiation of that thread, much time passed without Tristan making a resolution. This behavior would be inexcusable from a retail merchant - but from a member here, it is reprehensible. There is simply no excuse for this type of delay - and time spent providing excuses would be better used to get the money back to the man you stole it from. Regardless of where you are, or what the bank regulations may be, there is no excuse for causing this kind of stress with someone who trusted you. It is simple - either you, or a family member back home, should immediately wire the money to it's rightful owner. Period.

Of course, if you've spent it and cannot send it back.....well, I guess you'd start making excuses about being out of town and the vagaries of European banking institutions. Just my $0.02.
Old 3 September 2010, 03:49 AM   #24
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You're sure about that are you?

There's me chastised then.
Old 3 September 2010, 03:57 AM   #25
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You're sure about that are you?

There's me chastised then.
I sure am paul, I suggest you read TWICE and comprehend before editing posts
Old 3 September 2010, 03:57 AM   #26
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Let me make my point again.

Steve his still not had his funds returned.

If members hound Tristan off the forums completely then I'll be passing around the hat.

BTW - That's red for Des.
Old 3 September 2010, 04:07 AM   #27
EE33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Let me make my point again.

Steve his still not had his funds returned.

If members hound Tristan off the forums completely then I'll be passing around the hat.

BTW - That's red for Des.
And I'll be the first to chip in!
Badge and gun aside Mr Mod, my post was legit, show the members some guts and reinstate the 2 above mentioned posts
Old 3 September 2010, 04:07 AM   #28
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
I have a feeling that all is taken care of by now.
Old 3 September 2010, 04:09 AM   #29
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
Good news big A.
Old 3 September 2010, 04:11 AM   #30
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
It seems that you know something that the rest of us have yet to get confirmation of, A.

It's still very early in Stevesville so I'll keep my fingers crossed until I get the official nod.