The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 March 2007, 03:42 PM   #1
roachkiller1
"TRF" Member

Vibrates When I Run With My Rolex. Help!

i JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A ROLEX DATEJUST. I RECENTLY STARTED TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHEN I PUT THE WATCH IN FAST MOTION IT MAKES THIS VIBRATING NOISE, LIKE SOMETHING IN THE INSIDE IS MOVING. IS THIS NORMAL PLEASE HELP.
roachkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2007, 06:50 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well its possible you can feel the winding rotor,or perhaps the bracelet rattle.Now if your watch is keeping time and staying powered over night when off your wrist all is well.Now try and gently shake your watch by your ear if no noticeable grating loud noise all is well.If you can hear a noticeable rough noise.Then its possible the rotor shaft has slipped out,but highly unlikely unless dropped on hard floor etc then get it checked out at AD.You sometimes will hear if you got sharp hearing, the winding pendulum rotor near ear this is normal,welcome to TRF.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Hi Roachkiller.

First, welcome to TRF.

Second, posting in uppercase is the internet equivalent of SHOUTING, and it's harder for my old eyeballs to read.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2007, 07:40 PM   #4
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Welcome to TRF. Caps lock is not cruise control for awesome.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2007, 09:55 PM   #5
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
I had a DateJust like that about 5 years ago, the case was not the right one for the movement, when it went to Rolex RSC, they had to replace case.
Old 13 March 2007, 11:25 PM   #6
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: What do you think?
First, welcome to TRF, RK. Glad you found our fun forum.

As for the noise you hear, Padi has given you good advice. But since you just recently bought the watch and presumably it is still under warranty, you may want to take it back to have it checked out.

I have 2 DJs, a DD, and a GMT, and none of them make any noise. Maybe I'm lucky or my hearing is shot. Today, I wearing my Glycine Airman 9, and I can hear the ratcheting of the rotor when I move my wrist. Not loud, but noticable.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2007, 11:53 PM   #7
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachkiller1 View Post
i JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A ROLEX DATEJUST. I RECENTLY STARTED TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHEN I PUT THE WATCH IN FAST MOTION IT MAKES THIS VIBRATING NOISE, LIKE SOMETHING IN THE INSIDE IS MOVING. IS THIS NORMAL PLEASE HELP.

Did you buy it used or new?
Old 14 March 2007, 12:13 AM   #8
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
Did you buy it new?

(typing in CAPS is akin to shouting on a forum)
Old 14 March 2007, 12:58 AM   #9
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Speak up, son, I can't hear ya!

Seriously, after dropping my SD a while back, I got a buzzing sound and vibration when I swirled it around. The rotor had been knocked off kilter by the impact, and just two weeks before the warranty ran out, Rolex fixed it all up for me, free of charge and no questions asked. I haven't had a problem with it since then.
Old 14 March 2007, 01:05 AM   #10
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Most movements that wind in a single direction make a ratcheting noise. All modern Rolex watches wind in both directions and IMO shouldn't make much if any noise winding.

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 01:10 AM   #11
tag_addict

Watch: T-Touch Carbon
either you got a fake
or it desperately needs servicing.
tag_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 01:56 AM   #12
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

If I shake My Date up to my ear , you can hear winding and sort of motion sound . But when I did not wear it for 3 weeks once , It still kept time and I cannot feel vibration in fast motion. Welcome To TRF.
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 02:22 AM   #13
roachkiller1
"TRF" Member

thanks everyone. I bought the watch used from my aunt who owns a jewelery store. I have the aftermarket diamonds on there. will that matter? the time is always right. But i noticed it started to happen when I got that watch winder from sharper image. I can hear the movement perfectly its just when I shaked the watch fast it makes that vibrating noise.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:23 AM   #14
roachkiller1
"TRF" Member

If anyone is from the Detroit, MI area would the best place to have it serviced be at tappers in west bloomfield.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:46 AM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
thanks everyone. I bought the watch used from my aunt who owns a jewelery store. I have the aftermarket diamonds on there. will that matter? the time is always right. But i noticed it started to happen when I got that watch winder from sharper image. I can hear the movement perfectly its just when I shaked the watch fast it makes that vibrating noise.
Well if you are talking about a non Rolex dial,I would doubt if Rolex USA would serviced it, without watches original dial in place.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 03:22 AM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Welcome to TRF. Looks like most of your questions have been answered. Hope you have a ball here.

CHeers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:23 AM   #17
roachkiller1
"TRF" Member

can someone please help
Old 14 March 2007, 06:31 AM   #18
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Since you bought it from your aunt, can you return it to her? Does she have a watchsmith on site?

Either the rotor is loose or not balanced or could it be the movement ring be loose?
Old 14 March 2007, 06:45 AM   #19
rolexfan21

Watch: 16610
Just bring it to the RSC and find out what the problem is... if it still happens and is still botheirng u just dont wear the watch when u run i take mine off when i exercise
rolexfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:57 AM   #20
roachkiller1
"TRF" Member

would a rolex dealer not accept my watch if it has the aftermarket dial and aftermarket diamond bezels
Old 14 March 2007, 08:06 AM   #21
Hellcat65

Quote:
would a rolex dealer not accept my watch if it has the aftermarket dial and aftermarket diamond bezels

Okay....looks like this thread is over......
Hellcat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 08:49 AM   #22
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
An AD with an inhouse watchmaker might service it. RSC will NOT without replacing the dial and bezel (which you won't get back).
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 10:33 AM   #23
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
I have heard for years how Rolex will not service a Rolex with aftermarket anything on them. I have had 2 trusted watchmakers in place for more than 10 years to help me with my Rolex in the event I wanted a diamond bezel or dial etc. I don't need the drama.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 11:01 AM   #24
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
I'll try and clarify... The official Rolex network is a very regulated one. This includes both dealers and service centers. If you have aftermarket parts on your watch, a RSC (Rolex Service Center) will do one of two things. Refuse to work on it altogether -or- work on it but replace all the 'bogus' parts with original Rolex parts and charge you accordingly. As mentioned above, you will NOT get your old parts back. Rolex does not endorse or support 3rd party anything when it comes to their product. If your watch is 'unpapered', (meaning you don't have the original certificate of authenticity/warranty document) an AD (authorized dealer) will most likely refuse to send it to an RSC for you. In the Rolex world, there are AD's and then there's 'gray' market dealers. Gray market dealers are not supported by Rolex and get their watches either used or as 'overstock' from other AD's. If you check the ads for these dealers, they usually have a disclaimer posted and offer an 'in house' warranty (sometimes much longer than the stock Rolex warranty). The reason for this is the watch literally CAN'T be sent to an RSC. All said and done... you have two choices (and maybe only one). If you want your watch to be brought up to the utmost in Rolex quality and standards, pursue having it serviced an an RSC by going to an AD. If you don't care about that stuff, there are plenty of watchmakers that can work on your Rolex for you. Be advised, Rolex doesn't even sell OEM parts anymore. If something needs to be replaced, it will either be old stock or a 3rd party part. The inference being, it will not be of the same impeccable quality that Rolex insists upon.

Welcome to the forum and I hope my statements are 100% accurate. All my watches have all been bought from an AD and I haven't had to deal with your scenario first hand. Corrections and additions welcome...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote