The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 26 January 2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Ali MacLennan
"TRF" Member

Just purchased my first luxary watch.

Albeit introductory, I just purchased my first Breitling, it is this Colt here. This is my first watch purchase and I am very excited about it, can anyone offer their opinions on this watch at all? I am a 22 year old student who works part time, so it matched my budget and I think it will suit my wrist quite well, will get some pics up when it arrives in the mail!!
Ali MacLennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2012, 05:46 PM   #2
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
21 years old student right here! Congratulations on this beautiful piece, I think it's a perfect choice for a young man and, without being an expert, I'd say the price is quite good. I hope you will receive it soon and I wish you to enjoy it a lot!

P.S.: I work part time as well and believe me, this will probably not remain your only watch despite this fact, just saying.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2012, 06:48 PM   #3
AAMD11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Worldtimer
Congrats on your new Colt. I am in the market for a new watch, I am inclined to get the Omega Seamaster 300M. I weighed my options and budget, I was going to go for the GMT but it is a little too high for my budget. Besides all I wanted was the Bond watch and 2220.80 fits the bill quite nicely.

I am 28, grad a few years ago. My first watch was a Rado Original Automatic (2006), still have it and looks new (thanks to the hardmetal case) Two years ago I purchased a Rado Sintra COSC display caseback, since the entire watch is ceramic there isn't a single scratch on it. Even after I buy my Omega within the next week the Sintra will still be my fav piece. Although many here do not like Rado, it is my fav watch brand because of its unique design and materials. Later on once I move up in the company I want to get the Chronomat GMT, that watch is simply SICK!
Old 28 January 2012, 06:44 AM   #4
tkc324
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona AP DD Sub
Congrats on the purchase. Post some photos when you can. Welcome to the forum.
tkc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2012, 04:34 PM   #5
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
I am also 27 and just joined my career but getting paid almost like a part time working student during this initial training period :P...anyway, I would say that you got a very good deal on a really great watch...a very good way to start and your choice matches our requirements at this point in time..this watch will easily serve you through all your activities for many years

to Skidmore, I for one, really appreciate Rado as a brand and like a lot of their new black ceramic watches...in love with the r5.5 ..you have a good duo of Rados :)..some here do not appreciate Rado for: 1). their very flashy golden watches they made earlier 2). them being a status symbol and an almost essential dowry item in the South Asia (the golden DiaStar being 'the' dowry watch) promoting the dowry culture, but ofcourse that has nothing to do with the brand but rather its perception as the 'expensive' golden watch of rich people...and believe me, that is quiet how they are viewed in south asia and the gulf :)...but I really like their move to the more non-flashy and cool dark ceramic pieces
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2012, 04:51 PM   #6
43builder
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116528 YG Daytona
Hello and welcome!

i am also at a younger age. i am 20 and i first got into watches when i was about 12

like you, a Breitling Colt was my first choice. i was really attracted to the brand. i think it was their aeronautic history and their store displays that really made me love their watches. i still have my first one as well however it does not get much wrist time any more due to my growing rolex collection.

with that said, enjoy the watch, its a great one!!! and i cannot wait to see some pictures of it!
Omega Vintage 1970's 617 Movement
43builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Hawker
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC tzc, Red SD43,
Congrats. Breitling was my first lux piece (Aerospace). If you're catching yourself looking at your wrist all day and smiling........you got the right one at the right time.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2012, 02:30 PM   #8
Ali MacLennan
"TRF" Member

Finally came today !! Awesome timepiece, I'm loving it, need to get it re-sized its a bit big but I'm loving it!!

Bad pic, I'll post more up soon.

FeelingTheBlues: Yup, I know exactly what your saying, btw do you play the blues at all? I love the blues ;)

ps if you can't see the pic it's here-> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/breitm.jpg/

ps. ps. photoshoot on this watch this friday haha :)
Ali MacLennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2012, 02:39 PM   #9
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Breitling was my first 'real' watch in my late teens! only 28 now but my 'obsession' has firmly taken hold! now get up some good pics or else

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2012, 03:37 PM   #10
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Great watch you have there. Breitling are a very good brand with a rich history. Yours is a watch for all occasions, it'll always look sharp whether its business or casual.

All the best for your studies and the future.
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2012, 08:10 AM   #11
monte
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster 300
it is a great watch...i have it with a black face. i wanted to have one go to quartz type and this is one of the best.....in my opinion :)
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2012, 09:02 AM   #12
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the Colt! That was my first Breitling as well. Great watch; very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote