The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 June 2012, 03:47 PM   #1
14060Perfection
"TRF" Member

Help Please; Lost Rolex

I lost my GMT II C and I thought there was a place to post my story on this forum somewhere with the serial number and when and where I lost it in case it shows up at a shop or dealer or anywhere for that matter. Can someone point me in the right direction?
14060Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
You can report to Rolex as lost&stolen.What happened?

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 04:31 PM   #3
general
"TRF" Member

File a police report, notify Rolex, and contact your insurance company if you have coverage.
general is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 04:42 PM   #4
14060Perfection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
You can report to Rolex as lost&stolen.What happened?
I had no insurance. But I was coming from Afghanistan and landed in Dubai, U.A.E. I had 2 Rolex watches in my backpack and as I was fishing for my passport I only felt 1 Oakley watch case. I dropped to the ground and emptied my backpack on the floor and low and behold the GMT II C was gone! I am certain I had it on the plane to Dubai as I always check and re-check my docs and in this case my watches. I only had my 14060M and no GMT II C. I was so mad but it was gone. What could I do? I will go to the Rolex website and report it. I really liked that GMT II...but whats done is done.
Old 4 June 2012, 04:50 PM   #5
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Man I really hate to hear that. I'm not sure what can be done. I guess try and call Rolex and see what they think. If its lost and not stolen I wonder if you can file a police report. Keep us posted and I really hope it will work out. Again so very sorry.
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 04:58 PM   #6
A.Sharp
"TRF" Member

definitely a lesson for those who do not have insurance, or have been lazy about getting insurance, myself included. Im being very lazy and reluctant to fork over 200 bucks to get a replacement value appraisal, which truly makes not sense anyway since rolex have very finite replacement cost values...

sorry to hear about that man, try to think of it like a bad day in the market.

ps. my best bud had his sub stolen at his college finals club, at harvard. he left it in his jacket for a few minutes and put his jacket down. i then realized watches are best transported on the wrist.

ps. when he bought the sub it was in the low 4k. and it didnt really seem THAT long ago... oye.

"I can't listen to that much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland."
A.Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 05:17 PM   #7
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Aaaahhhh! I feel for you man. I hope someone some where on your travels has the integrity to hand your watch in and it finds it's way back to you.

Get it reported asap as above. I really hope that somehow you get your GMT IIc back.
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 06:53 PM   #8
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Very sorry to hear.

Can't imagine how upset you must have been (and probably still are).
Sorry again.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 06:56 PM   #9
Sean.c
Banned

Watch: Sub date
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14060Perfection View Post
I had no insurance. But I was coming from Afghanistan and landed in Dubai, U.A.E. I had 2 Rolex watches in my backpack and as I was fishing for my passport I only felt 1 Oakley watch case. I dropped to the ground and emptied my backpack on the floor and low and behold the GMT II C was gone! I am certain I had it on the plane to Dubai as I always check and re-check my docs and in this case my watches. I only had my 14060M and no GMT II C. I was so mad but it was gone. What could I do? I will go to the Rolex website and report it. I really liked that GMT II...but whats done is done.
I live in Dubai if I ever see it in lost in found at Dubai airport ill make sure to report back!! sorry to hear man!
Sean.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2012, 07:55 PM   #10
freddyttt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Sharp View Post
ps. my best bud had his sub stolen at his college finals club, at harvard. he left it in his jacket for a few minutes and put his jacket down. i then realized watches are best transported on the wrist.

ps. when he bought the sub it was in the low 4k. and it didnt really seem THAT long ago... oye.
My daughters Mac Book Pro was just stolen at college. and because of what a friend had told me i reported to my Home Owners (All state) and it was covered.

this was stolen in a Dorm.
freddyttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 12:38 AM   #11
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
That's aweful, OP...

Did you leave it in your hotel room..........It doesn't sound like it just fell out of your backpack, it must not have made it into the BP....
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:43 AM   #12
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

That is such bad news about your watch. Sounds like you had it in it's own carry case and bundled up well. Do you think it could've been filched during the first flight segment leaving Afghanistan?

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:51 AM   #13
captiva

well, i am not trying to use salt to rub against wounds. However I felt you are way too careless...dispike the fact that you check and re-check...you still able to left out your precious rolex.

In my opinion, its an expensive and valuable lesson for you. Once bitten twice shy, you will be able to learn alot from this lesson.

Its all in your mind, no doubt I can feel your loss, you need to be more positive. Lucky is only a Rolex, you may lose even more expensive items in future. But lesson learn which can help you in prevention.
captiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:52 AM   #14
jay1988
"TRF" Member

Next time maybe get a bag with multiple compartments. Then padlock the compartment with the watches in and the only time you could lose it would be security.

Get some insurance and start saving up to replace your GMT.
jay1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:58 AM   #15
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
TRF does not have a specific place to list a lost or stolen watch..

But any member can post a thread that is then searchable by the serial number..

Insurance or not, it is gut wrenching to lose a favorite and expensive watch.. Airports are notorious for thiefs who can unzip a pack or purse in seconds and sweep whatevere valuables are there... Inside the pack is best, rather than a zip outside pocket..
Old 5 June 2012, 02:34 AM   #16
nyjohnchan
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub,DSSD,daytona
Report it to the airline. It might fell out of your backpack in the overhead compartment.
nyjohnchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 02:36 AM   #17
judodave1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: seadweller 16600
I spoke to Rolex UK last week to check out a used sub date before I bought it and they said they are no longer providing a database for lost watch's. Only stolen item's in writing supported with a crime reference number by the police. It will be interesting if dealers (not AD) continue to list used Rolex's that have checked against the lost/stolen database, as it will now only to be possible to check for stolen watch's. Anyway I am sorry to hear about your misfortune.
judodave1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 02:39 AM   #18
function12
"TRF" Member

Man, that sucks. I would contact the airline(s) and airport(s). All have a lost and found. Finger crossed. I hope you get it back.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 02:41 AM   #19
floater156
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
sorry to hear that, this should be a lesson for everyone, get insurance.
Old 5 June 2012, 02:44 AM   #20
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Sorry to hear this, hope you get it back
Old 5 June 2012, 02:58 AM   #21
14060Perfection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
That is such bad news about your watch. Sounds like you had it in it's own carry case and bundled up well. Do you think it could've been filched during the first flight segment leaving Afghanistan?
Great suggestion! Have you been to AFG before? When we fly out from Bagram Airfield to Dubai we have to check luggage and all carryons. The luggage goes to a truck to be put in the belly of the plane and the carryons sit in a room after being searched with your name tag on it. You pick up your carryon as you go to the plane after you yourself are searched. So yes, maybe it could've gotten swiped there. But I swear I checked everything and they were both there though I could be mistaken with all the excitement of going on RnR maybe I didn't check and re-check. I think its a lost cause. Chock it up to experience I guess.
Old 5 June 2012, 03:24 AM   #22
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14060Perfection View Post
Great suggestion! Have you been to AFG before? When we fly out from Bagram Airfield to Dubai we have to check luggage and all carryons. The luggage goes to a truck to be put in the belly of the plane and the carryons sit in a room after being searched with your name tag on it. You pick up your carryon as you go to the plane after you yourself are searched. So yes, maybe it could've gotten swiped there. But I swear I checked everything and they were both there though I could be mistaken with all the excitement of going on RnR maybe I didn't check and re-check. I think its a lost cause. Chock it up to experience I guess.
I think under those conditions, I would only travel with the watch on my wrist. I mean, who's watching the inspectors as they check on carry-ons....
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 08:48 AM   #23
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
I think under those conditions, I would only travel with the watch on my wrist. I mean, who's watching the inspectors as they check on carry-ons....
Or one on the wrist and the rest in my pocket under those circumstances where your carry-on bag leaves your possession for that long.

Old 5 June 2012, 11:47 AM   #24
A.Sharp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
My daughters Mac Book Pro was just stolen at college. and because of what a friend had told me i reported to my Home Owners (All state) and it was covered.

did it raise your rates?

"I can't listen to that much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland."
A.Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 12:53 PM   #25
franzy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post

There is a app or a way to find a MacBook. I just purchased one and I saw a app about it. I would call apple, they can tell you.

@ OP, I am so sorry to hear this about your GMT, that is horrible. Hopefully it turns up one way or another.
franzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:37 PM   #26
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Sounds like it never left Bagram,sorry to hear it.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 01:48 PM   #27
GoldenBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
My wife left her iPad on a recent trip to Australia. We called the airline (United) and they had it. They were unable to turn it on (password protected) so they couldn't contact her. The guy was saying that the workers are very honest (keeping a watch or iPad isn't worth losing their job or pension). He also said they have TONS of stuff with no way of contacting owners...they rely on people contacting them. Try that.
Breitling Emergency Mission

**They are just watches, wear 'em.**
Old 5 June 2012, 02:11 PM   #28
gargamel647

Watch: Ho
Total bummer.
gargamel647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 02:22 PM   #29
z32turbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Varies
So sorry to hear that. I know it's very frustrating to lose something you value. I hope you have a better outcome than your expecting.

Instagram @z32turbo
z32turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2012, 02:24 PM   #30
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Very awful story, I'm sorry to read such a thing! I believe a lot of people already gave great advice but I'd like to wish you good luck and I hope you'll get it back.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote