The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 5 October 2012, 05:48 AM   #1
ismelllikepoop
Banned

service

Just sent off my shark that i've had for quite some time. Always been finicky, and sent it in around 2006-2007 for a complete overhaul with replacement of the dial, bezel, whole works for the tune of $600. Worked fine, and only wore it on occasion. The watch began to run pretty slow recently where I took it to a breitling dealer who recommended sending it back to breitling to service. Now Breitling recommends a replacement dial due to damage, another inner bezel for another $600 overhaul. I frankly don't get it and am pissed. I understand watch companies recommend overhauls every 5-6 or so years, but what I don't get is how they have the gall to tell me I need to replace the inner bezel and that the dial is damaged. The only people to open up the watch is Breitling, and how the hell a bread and butter ETA movement can already be considered non-functional after 5-6 years from a full service. Anyways just me venting and swearing off breitling for the rest of my watch collecting life.
ismelllikepoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Rodentman
Banned

That stinks. I have an M-1 SuperQuartz which is nearly 10 years old. I dread having it serviced because they probably charge just as much as a mechanical and what would they do if they found the movement was off, some resistance etc. They'd doubtlessly want to charge me for a new movement. I don't think you can really "fix" one of these quartz movements. My AD says they can service it. We'll see. It doesn't need any cosmetic work, being titanium....

I think with some mfrs it's a real racket....
Rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2012, 07:08 AM   #3
ismelllikepoop
Banned

That's what bothers me the most, is that they replaced the dial during the last service due to cosmetic issues, and since then have worn the watch sparingly and certainly have not abused it. And now they want me to replace the dial yet again. and charge several hundred dollars for it. They are the last people to open up the case, so I don't know how it could be damaged again.
ismelllikepoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2012, 07:21 AM   #4
baldyspoon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 114060
Don't get me started about breitling and servicing, I had a week old chronospace and the crystal was coming out. Took it direct to Breitling service centre when returned, they had scratched the bracelet, bezel and the sides of the body and face was put on slanted. I complained and managed to get a brand new watch, but this put me of Breitling and I have sold the watch.
baldyspoon is offline   Reply With Quote