The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 25 June 2013, 12:07 PM   #1
applebook
"TRF" Member

Fake Explorer 2 Maxi Case & Dials

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-42MM-N...item1c340e6ffa

Did this clown spend $100 on a fake and try to make a 2.75X profit by selling the case? Probably trying to sell the bracelet too.

Fake dials:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dial-for-Rol...item1c33f32693

Idiot clearly damaged his fake crap and is trying to persuade us into believing that his damaged fake garbage is actually a bonus...

"Some wear and tiny scratches and blemishes on the face which naturally add to the vintage look."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dial-for-Rol...item1c33ed5a6e
Old 25 June 2013, 06:41 PM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Scammer, unfortunetly these parts 'to build your own fake' are available over the net. Reported to eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 June 2013, 07:42 PM   #3
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

And if you look at his last 2 negative feedbacks in April, they were regarding fake items, too.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 04:01 AM   #4
applebook
"TRF" Member

Yeah, I can see that the guy has made a career out of selling fake Rolex parts. Bookmarked and ready to flag.
Old 26 June 2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Swift_Movement
Banned

Watch: The Throne
He then calls the guy that gave negative feedback a racist. Stay clear of this guy
Swift_Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Jake2012

Nowhere can I see where this guy scammed anyone he clearly states these are after market parts including where he received neg FB. Is it the sellers fault these two buyers did not read the complete description. I don't think so but that is just my sense of fair paly I guess.
Jake2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 12:29 PM   #7
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2012 View Post
Nowhere can I see where this guy scammed anyone he clearly states these are after market parts including where he received neg FB. Is it the sellers fault these two buyers did not read the complete description. I don't think so but that is just my sense of fair paly I guess.
In response, there is nothing aftermarket about a product that clearly shows engravings of the rolex logo, or engravings, it is illegal and trademark infringement, you seem to misunderstand what aftermarket means. Aftermarket means a replacement part that looks similar or functions the same but does NOT bare any trademark logos or engravings ientifying it as an original product, if it does it is counterfiet, illegal to sell like what you are seeing in this listing. These parts have rolex engraved all over them, they are counterfiet and fake and illegal to sell end of story.
Old 26 June 2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Swift_Movement
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
in response, there is nothing aftermarket about a product that clearly shows engravings of the rolex logo, or engravings, it is illegal and trademark infringement, you seem to misunderstand what aftermarket means. Aftermarket means a replacement part that looks similar or functions the same but does not bare any trademark logos or engravings ientifying it as an original product, if it does it is counterfiet, illegal to sell like what you are seeing in this listing. These parts have rolex engraved all over them, they are counterfiet and fake and illegal to sell end of story.
+1
Old 27 June 2013, 04:41 AM   #9
applebook
"TRF" Member

He's stating a fact. It's illegal to copy a patented design and label it as "Rolex" when it isn't. Just because this "seller" isn't advertising his crap as genuine, it doesn't make what he's doing legal or within the rules.

He's just one step short of being a complete scammer.
Old 28 June 2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Jake2012

I understand that but my definition of a scammer is a thief which this guy or girl clearlty is it not. That is all I was trying to get across. The VRF is being sued right now for posts being place on their site for pretty much the same practice, but hey do as you guys want I'm a newbie here.
Old 28 June 2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Swift_Movement
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2012 View Post
I understand that but my definition of a scammer is a thief which this guy or girl clearlty is it not. That is all I was trying to get across. The VRF is being sued right now for posts being place on their site for pretty much the same practice, but hey do as you guys want I'm a newbie here.

Your definition is wrong. Someone illegally selling something is a scammer.
Old 29 June 2013, 05:09 AM   #12
Jake2012

Not according to the dictionary. They state it needs to be done either through trickery or deceit. Thusly if a person states clearly after market or replica they are not pulling a scam. I'm not saying I condone it, all I am saying is calling a person a scammer (thecnically a theif) is not wise in a public forum as their could be reprocussions as the VRF has found out the hard way.