The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 20 January 2008, 08:59 AM   #1
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Pam
Breitling

Hey guys,
Tried to get my son to go with me to buy my new GMT II and look at another one the AD had but he is dead set on a Breitling model he has seen. I'm trying to find out if Alan Furman (sp?) would the best place to buy it. Can anyone here help me out?

Much thanks

buz-lh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 09:28 AM   #2
Bama
"TRF" Member

I just purchased my DateJust from Alan Furman and had a positive experience. Even though he was out of the exact model I wanted, he was able to get it within just one day and then it shipped the very next. I spoke directly to Alan on the phone several times. Good customer service for the most part. I'm not suggesting that Alan Furman is the best place to buy, but I would not hesitate to do so if you were thinking about it. I had no problems.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Perdu
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
He's a reputable dealer and his prices are usually good.
Perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 10:01 AM   #4
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
I just purchased my DateJust from Alan Furman and had a positive experience. Even though he was out of the exact model I wanted, he was able to get it within just one day and then it shipped the very next. I spoke directly to Alan on the phone several times. Good customer service for the most part. I'm not suggesting that Alan Furman is the best place to buy, but I would not hesitate to do so if you were thinking about it. I had no problems.
Thanks Bama. Meant to tell you earlier that's a great looking DateJust you have there.

Old 20 January 2008, 11:36 AM   #5
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Prestigetime.com and Alanfurman.com are good grey dealer sites.

You can also try Vince Bellissima - www.Timepieceperfection.com. Stand up guy.
Old 20 January 2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Texsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: SSGMTc
Also try www.authenticwatches.com. I believe they have a nice selection of Breitlings.
Wife's SS WG MOP Ladies DJ Z series
Texsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 12:57 PM   #7
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Thanks

Old 20 January 2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Cyberpipm2000

Watch: Bluesy
as much as i love the gmt II i am just dead set on the classic look of the sub. as much as i love the new clasp on the gmt i wish rolex could make a more heavey dutie clasp for the sub like the one on the gmt but keep the clasic sub look patern on the clasp at the same time...
Cyberpipm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 01:42 PM   #9
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

No doubt the sub is classic. But the complications of the GMT fit my lifestyle better.

Old 20 January 2008, 06:05 PM   #10
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
The real question is, are you going to let him get a Breitling?!!?? Next thing, you'll be telling us he is "dead set" on going to Florida or Tennessee.

Nooooooooooooooooo.......
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2008, 11:36 PM   #11
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
As long as it makes him happy whether it be a Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Seiko.
Old 20 January 2008, 11:46 PM   #12
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTL View Post
The real question is, are you going to let him get a Breitling?!!?? Next thing, you'll be telling us he is "dead set" on going to Florida or Tennessee.

Nooooooooooooooooo.......
Good one. Nope he's a UGA alum as is my daughter, but his business partner has a sub and I think there must be some level of competitveness between them so my son wants to go in another direction. Someday, I hope he sees the light. I've looked at a pic of the watch he wants and I swear with all the complications and dials and other business I would almost think he should have been a GaTech geek.

Old 20 January 2008, 11:50 PM   #13
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Here's a pic. Breitling Montbrillant Datora. (Gad, who makes up these names?)
Attached Images
File Type: gif Breitling Montbrillant Datora.gif (45.7 KB, 208 views)

Old 20 January 2008, 11:54 PM   #14
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
As long as it makes him happy whether it be a Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Seiko.
You're absolutely right. He received an Omega as a graduation gift, and has truly enjoyed it. He also inheirited a 6075 DJ circa 1961 from his grandfather which we are in the process of having redone, so he is way ahead of where I was at that age. All I wanted was a Bulova Acutron, which I wish I still had.

Old 21 January 2008, 10:49 AM   #15
haakon59
"TRF" Member

Alan Furman enjoys a great reputation on this forum--several here have purchased from him. Another grey market dealer who hasn't been mentioned yet is Bernard Watches, so you could look him up to see what he has in Breitling stock.

Grey market means they will not be an authorized dealer, so your warranty from the manufacturer will be invalid. However, to compensate, many will add their own warranty. Also, you will obviously save the tax from buying out of state.

There are good guys in the grey market just as there are many good guys who are AD's. But there are also some unscrupulous people out there and I wouldn't make low price your only criteria because many watch brands these days are counterfeited. Best of luck.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2008, 10:50 AM   #16
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz-lh View Post
Here's a pic. Breitling Montbrillant Datora. (Gad, who makes up these names?)
It's a nice watch. If it makes him happy then it's ok

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2008, 11:42 AM   #17
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon59 View Post
Alan Furman enjoys a great reputation on this forum--several here have purchased from him. Another grey market dealer who hasn't been mentioned yet is Bernard Watches, so you could look him up to see what he has in Breitling stock.

Grey market means they will not be an authorized dealer, so your warranty from the manufacturer will be invalid. However, to compensate, many will add their own warranty. Also, you will obviously save the tax from buying out of state.

There are good guys in the grey market just as there are many good guys who are AD's. But there are also some unscrupulous people out there and I wouldn't make low price your only criteria because many watch brands these days are counterfeited. Best of luck.
Thanks. That's exactly the reason I turned to you good folks on the forum. I know you'll steer me right.

Old 21 January 2008, 01:36 PM   #18
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good one. Nope he's a UGA alum as is my daughter, but his business partner has a sub and I think there must be some level of competitveness between them so my son wants to go in another direction. Someday, I hope he sees the light. I've looked at a pic of the watch he wants and I swear with all the complications and dials and other business I would almost think he should have been a GaTech geek.
Well it's not the same as being an alumnus of The University of Alabama, but I guess he still received a decent education. It's better than Auburn and certainly better than Tennessee. My brother is a huge UGA fan though his schooling has been through West Alabama, Auburn, and now South Alabama.
Back when a Citizen was the most "high end" watch I could afford, I used to dream about some Breitlings I would see in the store. I never got one so I have no first hand experience with them. They do have some models that I wouldn't mind having, but I think I'll stick with the Rolex for now.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:39 PM   #19
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakon59 View Post

Alan Furman has their own warranty that they provide, both on new watches and their certified pre-owned Rolex watches. They stand behind their products and offer good prices.
Old 21 January 2008, 02:05 PM   #20
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Well it's not the same as being an alumnus of The University of Alabama, but I guess he still received a decent education.Finally. I thought he was going on the six year plan but he made it out in a timely manner. It's better than Auburn and certainly better than Tennessee. My brother is a huge UGA fan though his schooling has been through West Alabama, Auburn, and now South Alabama.
Back when a Citizen was the most "high end" watch I could afford, I used to dream about some Breitlings I would see in the store. I never got one so I have no first hand experience with them. They do have some models that I wouldn't mind having, but I think I'll stick with the Rolex for now.
That's the best choice. BTW I hope to be down on the redneck riviera next weekend to meet some of my old buds fro NO in Orange Beach. Always some very friendly Bama ladies at the FloraBama.

Old 21 January 2008, 02:13 PM   #21
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's the best choice. BTW I hope to be down on the redneck riviera next weekend to meet some of my old buds fro NO in Orange Beach. Always some very friendly Bama ladies at the FloraBama.
Friendly and very drunk. I hope you have a safe trip and a great time down here.
Old 21 January 2008, 02:17 PM   #22
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Old 23 January 2008, 06:28 AM   #23
Shola
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
If you call several out of state A.s you should be able to get one for 30%+ discount and mailed to you tax free.
Shola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2008, 08:05 AM   #24
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsubmariner View Post
Also try www.authenticwatches.com. I believe they have a nice selection of Breitlings.
Have you had any dealings with Authentic? Are they reputable?
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2008, 08:23 AM   #25
Shola
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shola View Post
If you call several out of state A.s you should be able to get one for 30%+ discount and mailed to you tax free.

This should have read" if you call several out of state authorized dealers" :)
Shola is offline   Reply With Quote