The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2014, 05:25 AM   #1
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Seamaster 300 Basel 2014

Had a chance to try this on at the Galleria in Houston. They are rotating the country and was fortunate to catch them when they hit H-town for two days.
This watch is incredibly beautiful and amazingly well balanced. Omega also managed to keep the thickness down, about a 1/4 less thickness than my old PO 8500 from what I can feel on my wrist dyno.

I love the pcls and the artificial patina. The clean no date dial is so classy and it's vintage appeal shines through. The size feels just right, about the same as a SubC but a just bit thicker with more presence and solid weighty feel. The movement winds silky smooth and the bezel operation was solid with smooth but pronounced clicks.

My favourite was the Sedna gold model obviously but to rich for my budget, secondly the tt was stunning but the third place winner and the one I'll likely buy is the ss version.
Here are a few pics of the ss and sedna gold models. Released dates could not be confirmed but around Xmas seems to be the best bet. Why Omega takes so long is beyond me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5605.jpg (77.0 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5602.jpg (74.5 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5603.jpg (66.5 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5604.jpg (59.7 KB, 424 views)
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2014, 05:26 AM   #2
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Two more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5606.jpg (64.4 KB, 425 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5607.jpg (60.8 KB, 424 views)
Old 28 July 2014, 06:41 AM   #3
joe100
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
The gold is impressive
Old 28 July 2014, 06:54 AM   #4
peitron
"TRF" Member

Double post.
Old 28 July 2014, 06:54 AM   #5
peitron
"TRF" Member

My next watch if the lug to lug is reasonable. Thanks for sharing.
Old 28 July 2014, 06:56 AM   #6
Lgear080
Banned

That crown is insane. If prefer a matte watch, but you can't deny the
Heritage and look.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2014, 07:07 AM   #7
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
That crown is insane. If prefer a matte watch, but you can't deny the
Heritage and look.
I think they may have been unscrewed iirc. For some reason they had the movement hacked(notice they're both at 10:05ish) so I pressed them in to see it move but I don't think I screwed them in. The crowns are pretty big though, comparable to Rolex Subs, just no guards which I actually like the look of in this model.

The bracelet is incredible on these, extremely solid and robust while very attractive.
Old 28 July 2014, 12:32 PM   #8
aeon888
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the pics Rashid. i have been lurking the omega section here for more hands on pics from members. Finally you were lucky to see them in person. Thank you again man.
aeon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2014, 12:40 PM   #9
repoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Couldn't agree more, the new SM300 are impressive; my fave was the TT blue dial.
repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 02:15 AM   #10
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Beautiful, but I wish it was all brushed. (Even the tops of the lugs are polished, right?) Those PCLs virtually kill it for me, but I guess you could always put it on a NATO or rubber, or have the PCLs brushed out.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 03:41 AM   #11
aeon888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Beautiful, but I wish it was all brushed. (Even the tops of the lugs are polished, right?) Those PCLs virtually kill it for me, but I guess you could always put it on a NATO or rubber, or have the PCLs brushed out.
Or you can have it on a vintage leather strap like a Tudor Black Bay then it will then compliment the vintage patina look on the dial and the over-all retro look/appeal of this modern Omega watch.
aeon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 11:48 PM   #12
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
thanks for sharing Rashid...absolutely beautiful watch and true grail worthy piece given all awesome engineering additions to this classic design yes, my grail pieces are simple and affordable things :P
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2014, 01:30 AM   #13
Neunundneunzig

I really like the blend of vintage and modern looks on the Seamaster. It's great that Omega is re-releasing classic watches. I wish other watch companies would do that as well!
Neunundneunzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 04:31 PM   #14
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon888 View Post
Thank you for the pics Rashid. i have been lurking the omega section here for more hands on pics from members. Finally you were lucky to see them in person. Thank you again man.
Right on.
I was looking around in the boutique looking for a DSOTM when I stumbled across this display and thought they were mock ups but they were fully functional pieces. All very beautiful, the finish on the titanium is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
The tops aren't polished but the thick bevels/chamfers are. The lighting doesn't show the contrast in brush and polish well and I had to walk around the store to get a good look at them.
However these babies do have a lot of shine which I personally love but you might have to tone it down by brushing the bracelet or putting it on vintage style leather as recommended above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
thanks for sharing Rashid...absolutely beautiful watch and true grail worthy piece given all awesome engineering additions to this classic design yes, my grail pieces are simple and affordable things :P
You're welcome. Believe that the Sedna gold is just stunning. It's such a simple watch but in such an advance tech package and such a gorgeous and precious metal. It is understate, basic but then that metal...wow!