The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 28 December 2014, 02:33 AM   #1
jguerrad
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
Another 1680...yes or no? opinions please!

Looking to buy my first red sub, I have this one offered at $10,900 can some of the experts here give me opinions!! price? quality? etc. all opinions welcome!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1012758.jpg (131.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg P1012454.jpg (30.9 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg P1012455.jpg (47.0 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg P1012456.jpg (97.4 KB, 155 views)
jguerrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2014, 02:40 AM   #2
Comex1665
"TRF" Member

Mark V 1680 (around 5,0XXXXX time period 79, please confirm )

The insert is an MK fat font but seems that it has been added to it, the tritium lume doesn't match the patina of the dial.
Case seems that it has been polish, when look at the miror finish of the lug holes.
Crown is a nice 24-702-0 tall coronet which is correct..
Over than the insert replaced by another one (which is correct also for the time period) and besides the polished lugs, there is nothing to say about it
Comex1665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2014, 02:44 AM   #3
Comex1665
"TRF" Member

Does it come with its 93150/580 bracelet ? If so please tell us the code on the bracelet I will tell you from what year and month of the year it is to see if it is its original one or added one ;)
Old 28 December 2014, 02:44 AM   #4
jguerrad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comex1665 View Post
Mark V 1680 (around 5,0XXXXX time period 79, please confirm )

The insert is an MK fat font but seems that it has been added to it, the tritium lume doesn't match the patina of the dial.
Case seems that it has been polish, when look at the miror finish of the lug holes.
Crown is a nice 24-702-0 tall coronet which is correct..
Over than the insert replaced by another one (which is correct also for the time period) and besides the polished lugs, there is nothing to say about it
Thank you very much for your comments! what seller told me is that the insert is original to the watch (they sold to original owner and its back to them) but that the pearl was lost and was replaced. I like dial, I like insert, my only reserve on buying it is the case, over polished? don't know enough

Pricewise seems ok, but I haven't decided to pull trigger because I may want to find a better piece even at a slight premium...any offers to sell?
Old 28 December 2014, 02:45 AM   #5
jguerrad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Does it come with its 93150/580 bracelet ? If so please tell us the code on the bracelet I will tell you from what year and month of the year it is to see if it is its original one or added one ;)
No bracelet.
Old 28 December 2014, 02:47 AM   #6
Comex1665
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguerrad View Post
Thank you very much for your comments! what seller told me is that the insert is original to the watch (they sold to original owner and its back to them) but that the pearl was lost and was replaced. I like dial, I like insert, my only reserve on buying it is the case, over polished? don't know enough

Pricewise seems ok, but I haven't decided to pull trigger because I may want to find a better piece even at a slight premium...any offers to sell?

Yes because the insert is clearly a genuine and original one (mk3 fat font insert, which is also my favorite) so the pearl isn't a big issue actually ..

For the rest IMO it looks quiet good, and from what I can see it doesn't seem over polished, but the lugs has this mirror finish which let me guess that I has been polished recently for the sale.

Concerning the price range, I think it is a fair price (if the 93150/580 bracelet is of course included with the watch) if not I would pass on it because there is plenty of 1680 in this price range .. And I am sure you can find one with a nice matching patina hands/dial/pearl with its original 93150/580 bracelet

Hope this helps
Old 28 December 2014, 07:31 AM   #7
jguerrad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes because the insert is clearly a genuine and original one (mk3 fat font insert, which is also my favorite) so the pearl isn't a big issue actually ..

For the rest IMO it looks quiet good, and from what I can see it doesn't seem over polished, but the lugs has this mirror finish which let me guess that I has been polished recently for the sale.

Concerning the price range, I think it is a fair price (if the 93150/580 bracelet is of course included with the watch) if not I would pass on it because there is plenty of 1680 in this price range .. And I am sure you can find one with a nice matching patina hands/dial/pearl with its original 93150/580 bracelet

Hope this helps
Yes, thanks for your comments!