The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 October 2018, 07:45 AM   #1
ryanchan
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD D-Blue 2018
Icon3 Deepsea Sea-Dweller or Cal. 3235 confusing

I bought a 126660 from Chrono24 last month. I notice that there maybe something is wrong with the movement, so I want to verify it.

When I am adjusting the time, I turn the crown forward, the needles turn CounterClockwise. I heard that if this situation occurred, the watch or the movement is fake. However, the case and the dial of the watch, in my opinion, they are pretty real and nice.

Also, I watched many video on youtube, those Rolexes are Crown Forward-Needles Clockwise.

Can someone tell me is it a myth, or Rolex did this change on the New Cal.3235?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0174.jpg (172.5 KB, 472 views)
ryanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 08:58 AM   #2
Adam K.
Banned

Watch: All the Oysters
The 3235 adjusts in the opposite direction from the older 3135. Unless there’s some other reason to question the watch’s authenticity, you’re fine.
Adam K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

I'm sure it's fine but upon further inspection of my new DSSD black dial and comparison with the picture of yours it reminded me that one of the changes made in the 2018 was the toned down rehaut which mine clearly reflects as I used to have the old version. What say other 2018 DSSD blue owners. Maybe just the picture. Otherwise looks good. Just wondered about that rehaut thing

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 10:19 AM   #4
lenfried29
Banned

Watch: tick-tock
need bezel lineup with 12 o'clock mark. otherwise it's fine
congrats on DSSD and enjoy the watch
lenfried29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 10:51 AM   #5
JUSTIFIED
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Daytona
Have a brand new version from AD. It's counterintuitive but the minute hand does move counterclockwise when turning the crown clockwise. You're fine. Enjoy that bad boy!
Old 2 October 2018, 12:05 PM   #6
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanchan View Post
I bought a 126660 from Chrono24 last month. I notice that there maybe something is wrong with the movement, so I want to verify it. When I am adjusting the time, I turn the crown forward, the needles turn CounterClockwise. I heard that if this situation occurred, the watch or the movement is fake.
As others have said, you are fine. That "rule" applies to the 31-base movements. The 32-base movements are just the opposite, so that part actually checks out.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 12:14 PM   #7
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It always takes me a moment to realize this when setting 32 movements when I’m switching from 31’s ... you’re good OP
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 12:30 PM   #8
Curt941
2024 Pledge Member

It's fake, I'll give you $100 to dispose of it for you OP :D
Curt941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 06:30 PM   #9
ryanchan
"TRF" Member

A big Thanks for you guys' help.

The main reason why I think the watch or movement is fake is because I bought it online.

Upon receipt, I found that the protective sticker on the back cover disappeared. I asked the dealer, they said "Because we need to make sure the movement is authentic, so that we opened it.". But what I think is, you bought it from an authorized dealer, how can this movement be fake.

Other than that, I notice my watch is running -2 to -3 second everyday. As Rolex says, their watch is in +2/-2 second range. I am ok with -2 second, but some times it hits -3 second a day. So that's why I start thinking if my watch a authentic or a replica.
Old 2 October 2018, 07:43 PM   #10
mercman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 D-Blue
[QUOTE=ryanchan;8976047] "Because we need to make sure the movement is authentic, so that we opened it.".

I would ask if they pressure tested it, I don't know about the U.S. but in the U.K. all DSSD's are returned to Switzerland for servicing or movement repairs. There are no RSC's in the U.K. that have a pressure tester capable of dealing with the pressure required.
mercman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 08:35 PM   #11
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman View Post
"Because we need to make sure the movement is authentic, so that we opened it.".

I would ask if they pressure tested it, I don't know about the U.S. but in the U.K. all DSSD's are returned to Switzerland for servicing or movement repairs. There are no RSC's in the U.K. that have a pressure tester capable of dealing with the pressure required.
I would not have purchased a Deepsea that isn't resealed by Rolex. There is no one who has the equipment to verify a Deepsea except Rolex. Yes I won't need it, yes 100 meters of waterproofing is fine...but guess what it says 3900meters on the dials. I payed for those meters.

As for your watch op. The question has been answered and your watch is authentic and looks fine in that pic.
The timing is also fine. Minus three seconds a day is not bad and may be caused by a multitude of factors to include winding, resting position at night, and your activity level.
I wouldn't send it in just yet until you have a consistent pattern, also if it runs consistently at -3s a day then that's a very good good running watch, it runs like a champ, just calibrated slow and I would just offset the time until service. Too much opening of the back and every time there is a risk of something going wrong.
Congrats.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 08:56 PM   #12
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
If you want to be sure that your watch is genuine, send it to Rolex to be regulated. You’ll kill 3 birds with one stone. Authenticated, regulated, pressure tested.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 09:44 PM   #13
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
...but guess what it says 3900meters on the dials. I payed for those meters.
Don't know if intentional but that was really funny.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 09:58 PM   #14
joli160
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:

The main reason why I think the watch or movement is fake is because I bought it online.

Upon receipt, I found that the protective sticker on the back cover disappeared. I asked the dealer, they said "Because we need to make sure the movement is authentic, so that we opened it.". But what I think is, you bought it from an authorized dealer, how can this movement be fake.

Other than that, I notice my watch is running -2 to -3 second everyday. As Rolex says, their watch is in +2/-2 second range. I am ok with -2 second, but some times it hits -3 second a day. So that's why I start thinking if my watch a authentic or a replica.
Way and way over thinking it, range +/- and lack of a sticker says nothing at all about authenticity. Even a cheap watch can run spot on and you do realise I hope that a sticker is the easiest part to counterfeit. If you have so many trivial doubts you should not have bought it online.

Oh, and regarding watertightness pressure check, ask yourself when are you going to be at -3900m

Btw, very nice watch and congrats
Old 2 October 2018, 11:59 PM   #15
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
For future reference, buy the seller, not the watch.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 12:14 AM   #16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
For future reference, buy the seller, not the watch.
But why would I want some random, 200 lb watch guy strapped to my wrist screaming the time at me every time I looked at him with a quick glance? Sounds like an awkward situation.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 12:18 AM   #17
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I would not have purchased a Deepsea that isn't resealed by Rolex. There is no one who has the equipment to verify a Deepsea except Rolex. Yes I won't need it, yes 100 meters of waterproofing is fine...but guess what it says 3900meters on the dials. I payed for those meters.

As for your watch op. The question has been answered and your watch is authentic and looks fine in that pic.
The timing is also fine. Minus three seconds a day is not bad and may be caused by a multitude of factors to include winding, resting position at night, and your activity level.
I wouldn't send it in just yet until you have a consistent pattern, also if it runs consistently at -3s a day then that's a very good good running watch, it runs like a champ, just calibrated slow and I would just offset the time until service. Too much opening of the back and every time there is a risk of something going wrong.
Congrats.

i thought that too. sort of defeats the purpose of an over engineered watch.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 12:27 AM   #18
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i thought that too. sort of defeats the purpose of an over engineered watch.
Yes and yes.
The Deepsea is one reference that can't be pressure tested at any RSC and especially general watchmaker.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 12:31 AM   #19
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
If you want to be sure that your watch is genuine, send it to Rolex to be regulated. You’ll kill 3 birds with one stone. Authenticated, regulated, pressure tested.

This ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 05:19 AM   #20
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
But why would I want some random, 200 lb watch guy strapped to my wrist screaming the time at me every time I looked at him with a quick glance? Sounds like an awkward situation.
For a second, I actually thought you were speaking metaphorically of the DSSD.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 05:28 AM   #21
Rolex.c6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 116600
Didn't know the 32 movements set counter clockwise. Learned something new today. Thanks.
Rolex.c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 05:43 AM   #22
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:

I just got the same watch about a month ago now. It has dust on the dial and the movement was -3 to -4 seconds a day. Sent it to RSC dallas and just got the call that its done with the dust removal, movement regulation and pressure test.

Just call RSC and they will take care of you
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 08:14 AM   #23
ryanchan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
I just got the same watch about a month ago now. It has dust on the dial and the movement was -3 to -4 seconds a day. Sent it to RSC dallas and just got the call that its done with the dust removal, movement regulation and pressure test.

Just call RSC and they will take care of you
Cool, thanks to let me know.

Btw, How long did it takes to complete the whole service?
Old 3 October 2018, 08:48 PM   #24
roosvelt
Banned

Watch: 16613 serti 18078
Rcs in the USA has the chamber to test to full capacity on the DS now ! Now I don't which one has it or both do ?
roosvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 02:58 AM   #25
Pol1
"TRF" Member

And with the "coronet" under the 6 index.
Pol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 03:02 AM   #26
R!$
Banned

you should have bought from an AD or trusted TRF seller
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote