The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 January 2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Khans14
"TRF" Member

114060 bracelet sizing

I have tried searching the forum as I am sure this has been asked already but I am unable to find the answer so please excuse the redundant post here.

The 114060 has an oyster bracelet with a gridlock clasp. The glidelock clasp can adjust in 2mm increments for what I believe is a total of 20 mm in adjustability per other posts I have seen. Can anyone please tell me the size of each link on the bracelet in mm's?
Khans14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 08:53 AM   #2
Watchgeek5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I know this isn't part of your question, but don't forget there's a half link tucked inside the clasp that can be used to get the perfect fit. I've moved my half link to the 6:00 position.
Watchgeek5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Hub6152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchgeek5000 View Post
I know this isn't part of your question, but don't forget there's a half link tucked inside the clasp that can be used to get the perfect fit. I've moved my half link to the 6:00 position.

I’m not sure the Glidelock has the small extendable half link? It has the divers extension but the half link is normally only in the non Glidelock clasps, like the GMT II comes with. Correct me if I’m wrong!
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 11:17 AM   #4
Khans14
"TRF" Member

Thanks. The half link will actually be very helpful.
Old 15 January 2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Khans14
"TRF" Member

It was not the extendable one but there was half link there that I had removed and a full link put in. I live in a cold climate and I am traveling in a few weeks to Tulum, Mexico for vacation. I have three more clicks on the glidelock so that is 6 mm to work with. I was just concerned about my wrist swelling and was trying to figure if I need to add another link or another half link. Knowing how big they are exactly would help. I measured and it seems to be .5 inches roughly per link. I am not doctor but I have to believe my wrist isn't going to swell up more than 6mm in Mexico even with going from 5 degrees out side to 85 degrees outside.
Old 15 January 2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Hub6152
Banned

My bad - I thought it was the hinging small link that the Oysterlock clasp has that gives an extra adjustment internally in the clasp.
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 01:20 PM   #7
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I would suggest sizing your bracelet so it’s snug at the second tightest adjustment notch on the glidelock, when your wrist is “cold”. That way, you have more than enough adjustment to increase the size via the glidelock when you need to.
That’s how I set mine up years ago when I got my sub, and I haven’t had to add or remove a link since.
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 01:29 PM   #8
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNWatchNut View Post
I would suggest sizing your bracelet so it’s snug at the second tightest adjustment notch on the glidelock, when your wrist is “cold”.
Great advice.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote