The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 March 2020, 04:03 AM   #1
exador
Banned

Pepsis on the way down >>>

Have now broken into the $15k range.

exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:06 AM   #2
Michael V
Banned

Watch: SD43
My heart goes out to all the flippers that ruined the market for people that want to actually own these watches. LOL
Michael V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:06 AM   #3
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
MSRP unchanged
LuxLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:11 AM   #4
drockadam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael V View Post
My heart goes out to all the flippers that ruined the market for people that want to actually own these watches. LOL
I agree with this. I've always wanted to own a 16710 Pepsi but the prices are absolutely ridiculous now. Wish I would've bought one 5 years ago, when they were affordable!
Old 20 March 2020, 04:11 AM   #5
Rosex
"TRF" Member

Get one while you can. Rolex not going to re-open any time soon.
Rosex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:16 AM   #6
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
There are 398 for sale with all but the ones you show at 16K+ to 19K. So no drop in price as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:32 AM   #7
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah I haven’t seen much of a price drop in these. People are holding out as a long as they can hoping for an economy rebound. Good Luck.
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:34 AM   #8
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
Bought at MSRP, I'm good.
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 04:41 AM   #9
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
I'm no expert in chrono24 but out of the ones listed by the two verified dealers, both have less than 20 reviews and the others are private sellers....this is just me but if I'm spending that much money on something I'm not purchasing it from someone with little to no history.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:01 AM   #10
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I bought from a private seller on C/24 no problem and much cheaper than a dealer in this case on a 14060m. I called him personally, he was more nervous than I was being a first time seller, not a flipper. True, buy the seller always. C/24 also holds all payments until the buyer receives and approves purchase..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:02 AM   #11
Roli4life
"TRF" Member

Saw one last week go for 14k
Roli4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:06 AM   #12
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Got mine at MSRP too bad it's broken in Dallas right now
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:06 AM   #13
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:15 AM   #14
MillyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxLemon View Post
MSRP unchanged
MSRP wont change, in fact will likely go up in January.
MillyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:34 AM   #15
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:

Hahaha
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:36 AM   #16
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
I'm no expert in chrono24 but out of the ones listed by the two verified dealers, both have less than 20 reviews and the others are private sellers....this is just me but if I'm spending that much money on something I'm not purchasing it from someone with little to no history.
Agreed - and I would never buy such an expensive item from a private seller due to the difference in buyer-protection vs grays.
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:38 AM   #17
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Page View Post
Got mine at MSRP too bad it's broken in Dallas right now

What? What happened to it?
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:52 AM   #18
Converted
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
What? What happened to it?
Tell us more
Converted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 05:56 AM   #19
Abmatt2002
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deppe View Post
Agreed - and I would never buy such an expensive item from a private seller due to the difference in buyer-protection vs grays.
Chrono24 offers protection.
Abmatt2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:10 AM   #20
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyS View Post
MSRP wont change, in fact will likely go up in January.

It just went up January 2020. It’s going up again next January amid the chaos in the market? Insane. Thanks for heads up
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:23 AM   #21
TurboTim14
"TRF" Member

The market is definitely softening. This is only the beginning with all this craziness I believe. Have seen a few Daytona C white dials breaking into the 21's now with private sellers and dealer. They still dont seem to be moving either. Seems like only a few months ago they were 24k+. I've also noticed Hulks and batmans on the way down.

I think they greys are going to try and ride it out as long as possible and hold to their prices. The last thing they want to do is start dropping them to indicate the market is coming down. There is a lot of uncertainty ahead with what is going on in the world and i dont think the greys are really desperate yet.
TurboTim14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:28 AM   #22
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Pepsis on the way down >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
There are 398 for sale with all but the ones you show at 16K+ to 19K. So no drop in price as far as I’m concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Yeah I haven’t seen much of a price drop in these. People are holding out as a long as they can hoping for an economy rebound. Good Luck.

Those are price listed ... not actual sold prices. Of course, EVERY one of those will be negotiated down. Then, Chrono24 charges 6% transaction fee I believe.

If a $16,000 Pepsi is negotiated down to $15,000 the seller will get $14,100.

So market value of watch is actually around $14,000.

And I highly doubt anyone is getting top dollar for these at current time. A nice profit, but not top dollar like a few months ago.

A better reflection of “market price” is what greys are paying for these from original owners.

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:31 AM   #23
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
It is interesting to see how many people are suddenly against capitalism when it’s not them personally profiting from the transaction.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:31 AM   #24
TurboTim14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post

A better reflection of “market price” is what greys are paying for these from original owners.

If you go on bobswatches, a large dealer, you can see what they are paying for some of these hot models if you go to sell a rolex on their website. They are also holding on buying some models which tells you something. I've seen what they pay today drop down from a month ago...
Old 20 March 2020, 06:37 AM   #25
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim14 View Post
I think they greys are going to try and ride it out as long as possible and hold to their prices. The last thing they want to do is start dropping them to indicate the market is coming down. There is a lot of uncertainty ahead with what is going on in the world and i dont think the greys are really desperate yet.

I agree.

You will also see greys take watches off their website listings (basically hiding them) for a while to make it seem like the watches are selling. Then they will re list same watch in future.

The buyer following website will think “oh no! they had a black Daytona and now it’s no longer listed (thinking it sold)”. Then a few weeks will pass and same Daytona will appear on their listings. Buyer thinks,” oh good, they got in another Daytona. I better buy it before it sells since I missed out on the last one.”

Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:39 AM   #26
Michael V
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It is interesting to see how many people are suddenly against capitalism when it’s not them personally profiting from the transaction.
I am 100% pro capitalist and a business owner. When the going was good and everyone was making 2x on their watches that was great for them. It never effected me at any point in time because I was never and will never be a buyer for anything $1 over msrp. In fact, its hard even today for me to pay msrp when just a few short years ago my AD was begging me to buy at 10-15% OFF msrp and the cases were full of aging stock.

I just want my Sky Dweller :p
Old 20 March 2020, 06:39 AM   #27
TurboTim14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree.

You will also see greys take watches off their website listings (basically hiding them) for a while to make it seem like the watches are selling. Then they will re list same watch in future.

The buyer following website will think “oh no! they had a black Daytona and now it’s no longer listed (thinking it sold)”. Then a few weeks will pass and same Daytona will appear on their listings. Buyer thinks,” oh good, they got in another Daytona. I better buy it before it sells since I missed out on the last one.”

Yep. If they can afford to hold back stock they will do it for as long as they can. The greys that cant afford it will start discounting earlier.
Old 20 March 2020, 06:41 AM   #28
Michael V
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim14 View Post
The market is definitely softening. This is only the beginning with all this craziness I believe. Have seen a few Daytona C white dials breaking into the 21's now with private sellers and dealer. They still dont seem to be moving either. Seems like only a few months ago they were 24k+. I've also noticed Hulks and batmans on the way down.

I seen a white dial for 18 and change the other day. I'm a buyer at MSRP with my name on the card.
Old 20 March 2020, 06:45 AM   #29
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
I am 100% pro capitalist and a business owner. When the going was good and everyone was making 2x on their watches that was great for them. It never effected me at any point in time because I was never and will never be a buyer for anything $1 over msrp. In fact, its hard even today for me to pay msrp when just a few short years ago my AD was begging me to buy at 10-15% OFF msrp and the cases were full of aging stock.

I just want my Sky Dweller :p
I’ve never paid over retail for any of my Rolex either. I totally respect and understand people getting frustrated that they can’t get the pieces they want however what doesn’t make sense is some of these people, only some of them, are actively wishing bad things to those that sold their watches for a profit. Happy to see them possibly get hurt financially. Like anyone of these guys if they got the Daytona they wanted, found out two weeks later that they just didn’t like it and then went to sell it they wouldn’t get every dime they could.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 06:50 AM   #30
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
I agree.

Another trick I noticed is that they will mark a watch as reserved and then a few days later its not reserved anymore. I've been looking at a 16760 on C24 from Xupes for about a year listed at 33K, a couple of weeks ago it was marked as reserved after sitting there for a year. Then it wasn't reserved and now the price is 24K. I saw the same tactic with the Speedy 50th, several marked as reserve and then a few days later not reserved.

Trying to get people to feel they missed out and now they have a second chance???
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote