The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 March 2020, 02:50 AM   #1
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
RootBeer CHNR TT Growing on Me

This model has been growing on me for the past 2 days. It might be making it onto my buy list very soon.

Just a couple questions for those who already own it.

Are the indices a cream/off white colour or are they the same white as the Pepsi and Batman? They seem to have a cream coloured appearance in photos or maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me.

Last question, how does this model fit on smaller wrists? I have small 6.5 inch wrists and I know colour combination sometimes plays into the appearance of size. Can anyone comment about this CHNR for smaller wrists?

Cheers
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 02:56 AM   #2
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Indices are painted white, the same color as all the others. However, the perimeter is rose gold, so it does look abit different because of the contrast as compared to the white gold on most SS models.

I've 6.5 wrist and find it to look fairly proportionate though i feel it wears abit larger as compared to my yachtmaster.
Old 27 March 2020, 03:13 AM   #3
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post
Indices are painted white, the same color as all the others. However, the perimeter is rose gold, so it does look abit different because of the contrast as compared to the white gold on most SS models.

I've 6.5 wrist and find it to look fairly proportionate though i feel it wears abit larger as compared to my yachtmaster.
Interesting, thanks for clearing that up for me. I bet the white indices would look amazing after the watch gains some patina with the rose gold around it.
Old 27 March 2020, 03:29 AM   #4
smym18
"TRF" Member

Could be my current lighting, but my markers look more off white/cream colored at the moment. I have a 6.5” wrist and I’ve never thought it looks big on me, but my wrist is also kind of flat.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 03:54 AM   #5
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

After staring at my CHNR and my Sub it looks like the lume markers are the same white color. The rose gold borders of the CHNR give it an appearance of looking more cream color compared to the white gold borders of the Sub.

As far as sizing, I've got about 6.75 wrists and I don't fell like the watch is too big. As long as the lugs aren’t going up to or past your wrist you should be ok. What size are your other watches?
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:14 AM   #6
horologymania
"TRF" Member

Watch: 222

Rootbeer is one of the best looking Rolex IMO. It wears slightly big on my 6.6” wrist but i can pull it off.

Instagram @nywatchcollector
horologymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:15 AM   #7
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallGame View Post
After staring at my CHNR and my Sub it looks like the lume markers are the same white color. The rose gold borders of the CHNR give it an appearance of looking more cream color compared to the white gold borders of the Sub.

As far as sizing, I've got about 6.75 wrists and I don't fell like the watch is too big. As long as the lugs aren’t going up to or past your wrist you should be ok. What size are your other watches?
Cool, thanks for that stare down. I’m used to small classic sized watches, I currently daily a 34mm air-king that fits great but is definitely on the small side. I have tried a Pepsi on and I felt it fit great, wouldn’t be able to go any bigger though.
Old 27 March 2020, 04:19 AM   #8
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Cool, thanks for that stare down. I’m used to small classic sized watches, I currently daily a 34mm air-king that fits great but is definitely on the small side. I have tried a Pepsi on and I felt it fit great, wouldn’t be able to go any bigger though.

If the Pepsi you tried on was a newer, 6 digit reference, then the Root Beer will feel just as great!!
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 04:45 AM   #9
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallGame View Post
If the Pepsi you tried on was a newer, 6 digit reference, then the Root Beer will feel just as great!!
It was the new one indeed, good to know thanks.
Old 27 March 2020, 04:55 AM   #10
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by horologymania View Post

Rootbeer is one of the best looking Rolex IMO. It wears slightly big on my 6.6” wrist size but i can pull it off.

Instagram @nywatchcollector
Killer picture. Makes me want one even more.
johnorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 05:16 AM   #11
wohlfecc
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this version is available soon with a two tone jubilee bracelet. It would look better, IMHO, too!
wohlfecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 05:19 AM   #12
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
The 2 tone rootbeer is stunning in the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 05:48 AM   #13
dukie748
"TRF" Member

I don't wear gold, but the Rootbeer is a truly stunning watch.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 06:31 AM   #14
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Agee with what others have said as for white color. The Rootbeer is incredible in person and glad i got one. Also have a small wrist (6.75") and it's fine. Wear her like a beater :)

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 06:41 AM   #15
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
I'm actually wearing my CHNR today and the markers look white. As others have stated I think it's because the WGS is Rose so it tricks your eyes. If you need, I can take a picture of it next to my LN later, but I'm fairly certain it's white.

I also have small wrists but it wears fine and looks good.

Funny story. I was in Japan last year having dinner with friends and one of my female friends was wearing a 116520 SS Daytona steel bezel black dial. I was wearing my CHNR. We were both admiring each other's watches and decided to swap it during the dinner. When she put it on she jokingly (maybe not) said, "let's trade!". But the point of this story was when I was looking at my CHNR from across the table, I realized how stunning it really is. The colors on this watch are put together really well.

If you decide to get this I'm pretty confident that if you like it in photos you will love it in person.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:15 AM   #16
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
I'm actually wearing my CHNR today and the markers look white. As others have stated I think it's because the WGS is Rose so it tricks your eyes. If you need, I can take a picture of it next to my LN later, but I'm fairly certain it's white.

I also have small wrists but it wears fine and looks good.

Funny story. I was in Japan last year having dinner with friends and one of my female friends was wearing a 116520 SS Daytona steel bezel black dial. I was wearing my CHNR. We were both admiring each other's watches and decided to swap it during the dinner. When she put it on she jokingly (maybe not) said, "let's trade!". But the point of this story was when I was looking at my CHNR from across the table, I realized how stunning it really is. The colors on this watch are put together really well.

If you decide to get this I'm pretty confident that if you like it in photos you will love it in person.
That's a pretty funny story! It's easy for us small wristers to trade with women. I still need to see this watch in the steel, but I think I might love it. Funny thing is I've never been attracted to two-tone, ever. I'm also not sure how rose gold will play on my skin.
Old 27 March 2020, 07:17 AM   #17
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Agee with what others have said as for white color. The Rootbeer is incredible in person and glad i got one. Also have a small wrist (6.75") and it's fine. Wear her like a beater :)
Is it like an obvious two-tone watch or more subtle? I've never been in to two-tone at all but the cappuccino colours on the bezel are really attracting me.
Old 27 March 2020, 07:21 AM   #18
Frank90402
"TRF" Member

Man, I want this also. I just don't know what order to place this on my list!
Frank90402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:42 AM   #19
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
I’m not a fan of gold. However, the Rootbeer looks good.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 07:52 AM   #20
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I'm down for one with two local ADs. Extremely gorgeous watch and extremely popular here in Australia.
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:00 AM   #21
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
But the point of this story was when I was looking at my CHNR from across the table, I realized how stunning it really is. The colors on this watch are put together really well..
^^^^ this

Until you see the CHNR during daily wear... it really rocks

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 08:25 AM   #22
Simmer007
"TRF" Member

I think it's the nicest GMT of them all.
Simmer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:13 AM   #23
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is it like an obvious two-tone watch or more subtle? I've never been in to two-tone at all but the cappuccino colours on the bezel are really attracting me.
Definitely more subtle than yellow. I never expected I’d want a two tone watch, and still can’t see myself wearing yellow TT. This one’s just different.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:21 AM   #24
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
The RG is much more subtle than a YG TT. I love my Bluesy but when I wear it I try not to make too many hand gestures because it attracts so much attention, lol.

The brown on the bezel, the RG numbers, the RG hands and surrounds, it really comes together nice. Hopefully when things get back to normal you can find one somewhere to try on. Or maybe you can ask your AD to let you see one the next time they receive one. Or fly out to Hawaii and you can try mine on! You'll be sold in an instant!
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:28 AM   #25
ind1982
"TRF" Member

I had no desire to own one of these, till I happened upon one in my AD's case. Stunning watch in person. Pics simply do not do is justice!
ind1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:53 AM   #26
roadie1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Divers, GMT

My CHNR is my daily driver! It’s amazing!
roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 09:59 AM   #27
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for clearing that up for me. I bet the white indices would look amazing after the watch gains some patina with the rose gold around it.
It's a lovely watch, but don't expect modern lume to patinate. In theory the "everose" rose gold shouldn't either, although some have reported that it does change a bit over time.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 11:02 AM   #28
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
This model has been growing on me for the past 2 days. It might be making it onto my buy list very soon.

Just a couple questions for those who already own it.

Are the indices a cream/off white colour or are they the same white as the Pepsi and Batman? They seem to have a cream coloured appearance in photos or maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me.

Last question, how does this model fit on smaller wrists? I have small 6.5 inch wrists and I know colour combination sometimes plays into the appearance of size. Can anyone comment about this CHNR for smaller wrists?

Cheers
Mat, keep in mind that all TT watches wear heavier than SS references. I have a Bluesy and a Sub ND and there is a very noticeable difference IMO. Just something to keep in mind if you have a smaller wrist. Might be worth a trip to a grey to try one on to see how it feels on your wrist. Regardless, it is a beautiful watch and if it feels right go for it!
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2020, 12:22 PM   #29
WatchNutcase
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
Mat, keep in mind that all TT watches wear heavier than SS references. I have a Bluesy and a Sub ND and there is a very noticeable difference IMO. Just something to keep in mind if you have a smaller wrist. Might be worth a trip to a grey to try one on to see how it feels on your wrist. Regardless, it is a beautiful watch and if it feels right go for it!
Hey, yes I would assume this as well. Definitely will be trying on before purchase for sure. I like my bracelets fairly snug so I’m hoping the watch wouldn’t swing around with too much weight anyways.
Old 27 March 2020, 12:32 PM   #30
BDon13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie1 View Post
My CHNR is my daily driver! It’s amazing!

Damn that’s one good looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDon13 is offline   Reply With Quote