The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 June 2020, 02:43 PM   #1
nygo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss
Dallas RSC via USPS Registered Mail taking forever...

less of a watch question... but anyone send a watch in and have it take two weeks to even get delivered via registered mail? It has been in Dallas since Friday on May 23rd and has been out for delivery on the 28th and then nothing in tracking. well at least it's insured!
nygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 02:56 PM   #2
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Yes, many have posted that USPS registered is safe but slow.

It will get there.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 02:59 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
It’ll get there.

Maybe a bit delayed with that pandemic and rioting backlog.

*shrug*
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 03:31 PM   #4
JodyHighroller
Banned

The Dallas RSC was damaged during this past Sunday’s protests. I haven’t been down to uptown to see the extent of the damage, but seems to be related mostly to glass. It’ll get delivered, but there is delays for obvious reasons in the area.

Quote:
Damage including broken windows was reported at Whole Foods, The Ritz and the Rolex Building in Dallas' Uptown neighborhood.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...a-ae952df04dac
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 06:57 PM   #5
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
The Dallas RSC was damaged during this past Sunday’s protests. I haven’t been down to uptown to see the extent of the damage, but seems to be related mostly to glass. It’ll get delivered, but there is delays for obvious reasons in the area.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...a-ae952df04dac
Wow! My watch should be safe and sound. And hopefully everyone is okay down there...

I shipped my SubC Date via USPS Registered Mail from the Philly suburbs to the Dallas RSC on 5/8; delivered on 5/11.

OP, yes I agree with others about the delays, but my main concern is why has it been out for delivery so long and not scanned back to post office of something like that?
Old 3 June 2020, 09:56 PM   #6
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
My packge just went out on June 1st, tracking says it will arrive in Dallas by 8:00pm on the 4th. I hope it's a quick turn around!

Question, when insuring thru USPS, do you use the real or current appraised value? I mean do you tell the post office worker there is a 40k item in the box? I decidided to say 5000. and HOPE my insurance policy covers it if it was lost stolen or damaged....?
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 10:50 PM   #7
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
It should not be out for delivery for that long. You may need to call on it
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2020, 10:55 PM   #8
nygo
"TRF" Member

for value I used the purchase value from trusted seller. Similarly I had a quick delivery date, but then it got moved. I think it all depends on the current circumstances and when they can attempt a delivery. Apparently it needs to be taken out of a secured cage, then signed for every time someone handles it. I also read that the USPS purposely doesn't disclose every piece of of tracking for security.
Old 3 June 2020, 11:30 PM   #9
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Not watch related but my wife and I sent a package out on 5/20 on its way to Georgia from Delaware. At 5/21 it was at the Pittsburgh Regional Sorting Center and has not moved since. We are waiting for a call from the PO as I type this.

In your case, I’d give them a call. 1 800 222-1811 and ask to speak to an agent. It’s about a 40 to 60 minute wait time. They will give you the option for a callback. Take it. Good Luck
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:37 AM   #10
nygo
"TRF" Member

I just called.. apparently if they go out for delivery and it's too early, or can't make the delivery for whatever reason, it sometimes just goes back to the Post Office cage expecting the receiver to pick it up. Obviously, RSC is not going to the post office to pick it up. So, if you don't call them within 15 days to make a re-delivery attempt, they will send it back.
Old 4 June 2020, 03:47 AM   #11
walds11
"TRF" Member

Interesting, so now you have to babysit the package.

Here is the tracking on my package:

Delivery Attempt: Action Needed

May 8, 2020
11:40 am
Available for Pickup,
DALLAS, TX 75201

May 8, 2020
8:11 am
Out for Delivery,
DALLAS, TX 75201

Additional Information
This is a reminder to arrange for redelivery of your item before June 6, 2020 or your item will be returned on June 7, 2020. You may arrange redelivery by using the Schedule a Redelivery feature on this page or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice.

I emailed the Dallas RSC on Monday 5/11. They confirmed that the package was received on 5/8, which was the day I received the available for pickup tracking update.
Old 4 June 2020, 04:18 AM   #12
davidrcpo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I sympathize with your situation. For what it’s worth, I telephoned Dallas RSC on 13 May and asked for instructions on sending two watches in for servicing. They sent me an email immediately following the phone call with instructions on how to ship the watches via USPS. They also said not to purchase separate shipping insurance. Usps certified mail insures up to $25k. My watches are worth more thAn this amount however I adhered to RSC’s guidance. I shipped the watches on 14 May and USPS said DallAs RSC signed for delivery on 18 May. Although RSC said they would send an emAil acknowledging receipt of the watches, I called them on 21 May to determine if they had indeed received the watches. RSC advised they had my watches and they would send an email confirming same immediately. On 26 May I received the email acknowledging receipt of the watches. On 27 May RSC sent anOther email on each watch with recommended servicing and seeking my approval for them to proceed. I immediately approved of their recommendations electronically and received a confirmation from RSC of same. Strangely, On 29 May RSC telephoned querying whether I wanted to have my watches serviced. Following a brief discussion, RSC said they would call me back as there was some Internal miscommunication Within the RSC About my watches. Several hours later, RSC telephoned back and apologized for the confusion. RSC advised that they were operating with minimal staff due to Covid19 resulting in internal miscommunication. RSC also advised that due to the backlog and associated staffing issues, my watches would be returned to me in 8-10 weeks. Please note this was prior to the civil disturbances in Dallas. Good luck!
davidrcpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:19 AM   #13
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Registered is S-L-O-W-E-R than the flow of chilled molasses. It WILL get there 100% safely. Which why we use it in the first place. You did well by choosing that delivery method.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:23 AM   #14
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I live one state away from my mother (NC - SC) and it took 10 days for her to get the mother's day card that I sent.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:30 AM   #15
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
I live one state away from my mother (NC - SC) and it took 10 days for her to get the mother's day card that I sent.
Totally ridiculous! USPS is pathetic slow. Registered mail can sometimes take up to two weeks. Totally safe method, but totally turtle slow.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 04:30 AM   #16
89Sem
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
USPS is a completely useless. You can’t put a price on a peace of mind anything of value of importance I send with UPS or FedEX sure you pay more but at least the tracking is accurate and it gets there quickly.

I had a package go missing with USPS and it was insured ( nothing of significant value under 100$ or so ) but the headaches and hoops to jump through for reimbursement weren’t even worth pursuing it and that was the last time I ever used them.
89Sem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:01 AM   #17
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Just sent a Rollie there and it takes about 10 days to arrive. USPS is a bit slower than usual nowadays, plus RSC is about 10 weeks out versus the usual 5 to 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:32 AM   #18
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Sent a headphone amplifier to Sweden 4/20 via USPS International which still hasn't arrived. Called the USPS Jamaica Queens, NY facility (where tracking says its located) and the rep told me it left there by sea on 4/26. So I asked her, what did they put it on a row boat???
Old 4 June 2020, 05:33 AM   #19
mmaggi
Banned

Watch: 16710
Took a week when I sent my 16710 last October
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:34 AM   #20
mmaggi
Banned

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthetime? View Post
Sent a headphone amplifier to Sweden 4/20 via USPS International which still hasn't arrived. Called the USPS Jamaica Queens, NY facility (where tracking says its located) and the rep told me it left there by sea on 4/26. So I asked her, what did they put it on a row boat???
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 05:43 AM   #21
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Sent mine out with registered mail from Boston on 5/27 and it arrived at the Dallas RSC today. Called to confirm they received it and they did when providing the tracking number. Fingers crossed it is on the shorter end of the 8-10 week estimate

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 11:14 AM   #22
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Guys, US Airlines fly the US Mail around the country and commercial aviation flying is down 90%. So you can expect longer than normal delivery times. The package I sent to Dallas got there, but it was about 4 days late, so to speak.
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 11:38 AM   #23
Dr. Robert

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Registered is S-L-O-W-E-R than the flow of chilled molasses. It WILL get there 100% safely. Which why we use it in the first place. You did well by choosing that delivery method.
I concur
Old 4 June 2020, 11:59 AM   #24
gaeleus
"TRF" Member

Seems like right now not the best time to be shipping your precious watch to RSC! I personally would wait till all smoke blow over. Best of luck with your watch.
gaeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 12:26 PM   #25
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygo View Post
less of a watch question... but anyone send a watch in and have it take two weeks to even get delivered via registered mail? It has been in Dallas since Friday on May 23rd and has been out for delivery on the 28th and then nothing in tracking. well at least it's insured!
I sent a watch to Dallas RSC back in late 2018 via registered mail. It too showed "out for delivery" and never updated. After a couple days I called RSC and they confirmed it had been delivered 2 days prior and all was well. USPS issue all the way, as their tracking sucks compared to say FedEx.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 12:32 PM   #26
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
That’s sad and funny all at once
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 03:27 PM   #27
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Agreed. Slow BUT VERY safe!!!
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2020, 07:18 PM   #28
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

My 116610LVc took 23 days turn around exactly. I hand delivered to RSC Dallas though so it was a quick turn around full service. And that was with them mailing it back to Nevada

I have a thread on what they did and wanted to do if you pull up my history under user name

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=720785
Old 4 June 2020, 08:23 PM   #29
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
My 116610LVc took 23 days turn around exactly. I hand delivered to RSC Dallas though so it was a quick turn around full service. And that was with them mailing it back to Nevada

I have a thread on what they did and wanted to do if you pull up my history under user name

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=720785
Wow, 23 days door to door turn around time even before the coronavirus pandemic seems absolutely amazing.
Old 4 June 2020, 09:12 PM   #30
challer
"TRF" Member

USPS is very slow generally during C19
challer is offline   Reply With Quote