The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Which One??
Snoopy 1 7 4.73%
Snoopy 2 66 44.59%
Snoopy 3 75 50.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 December 2020, 08:54 AM   #1
Cassidy776
Banned

Which Snoopy???

Suppose, for the sake of argument, all 3 Snoopys were currently availabe for the same price..........there would be no aftermarket appreciation on any of them. Simply put, which one would you purchase to wear as one of your regular rotation watches, simply based on the overall style and look. I have a suspicion that without the attention Snoopy 2 has garnered as a result of its skyrocketing price, many would have no interest whatsoever in Snoopy 3 or any Omega Snoopy at all.

So, let's have some fun and go ahead and sound off!!
Cassidy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 10:29 AM   #2
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy776 View Post
Suppose, for the sake of argument, all 3 Snoopys were currently availabe for the same price..........there would be no aftermarket appreciation on any of them. Simply put, which one would you purchase to wear as one of your regular rotation watches, simply based on the overall style and look. I have a suspicion that without the attention Snoopy 2 has garnered as a result of its skyrocketing price, many would have no interest whatsoever in Snoopy 3 or any Omega Snoopy at all.

So, let's have some fun and go ahead and sound off!!

Thought hard about this. Good query to throw out there.

I would look for something unique in the collection.

Snoopy 3 would still be my choice. New movement, nice colour way, simple yet eye catching case back and automaton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 11:01 AM   #3
agsstructures
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I would go latest. Love the new one!
agsstructures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 11:04 AM   #4
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Another vote for the new one for reasons stated above.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 11:30 AM   #5
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

New movement
Sparkling color
Amazing silver dial
First animated caseback complication
Dot over 90
Cool little travel box

Yep... that’s a winner.
It’s the difference between color and black and white.
Snoopy 1 is the first, okay, but as “watch I would consider buying” is not even in the competition.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Cross posted on OF. Nice to have poll here:

Very hard question. I actually love all 3 regardless of history and price/availability.

# 1. If I were a one watch guy, this could be the one and only watch for me, period.

# 2. I LOVE the lumed Snoopy. I would wear this to sleep every night. (Yes I, unapologetically, wear a watch to sleep)

# 3. IMO it is sporty and with a hint more grace/elegance than its predecessors. I LOVE the colors and it would work best in a rotation for me.

But at the end of the day I would vote based on how the watches impacted me and fit into my life when I discovered them so I go: 3 —> 1 —> 2.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 01:19 PM   #7
greengold
Banned

I voted 3 as i've had the 2 and have ordered 3 but the one thing i've heard is until you see it in person you can't appreciate that silver dial as it just looks white to us..takes it to a whole nother level
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 02:58 PM   #8
Hany
"TRF" Member

That’s a really good question. Maybe I’m way overthinking it. I like the 2 because it’s the first real complete snoopy in my mind, I like the limited editions, the lume and the craftsmanship that went into the case back. I like the 3 because of the new movement, the color, the animated caseback and the ceramic bezel. I think my final decision is the 2 but I’m sure I’ll be a really happy man with #3 when it finally lands in the collection.
Hany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 06:47 PM   #9
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
Thought Snoopy 2 would walk this, interesting.
petay993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 06:51 PM   #10
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I think we have to actually see number 3 before making a decision.

I suspect that there are a lot of people saying they want number 3 because they feel they might miss out financially when looking at how number 2 has done and are hoping that number 3 will make them some money.
ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 11:55 PM   #11
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Value and production #s aside, then its the Snoopy 3 for me. its the caseback that breaks the tie between the Snoopy 2 and 3.
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 12:25 AM   #12
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I think we have to actually see number 3 before making a decision.

I suspect that there are a lot of people saying they want number 3 because they feel they might miss out financially when looking at how number 2 has done and are hoping that number 3 will make them some money.
Pretty much my feeling as well. "Recency Bias" is playing a big role in the out of control interest in Snoopy 3. Curious as to how many folks, who would like to purchase Snoopy 3, had any interest in Snoopy 1 or 2 prior to their releases???
Old 20 December 2020, 12:50 AM   #13
rick101

Quote:
Pretty much my feeling as well. "Recency Bias" is playing a big role in the out of control interest in Snoopy 3. Curious as to how many folks, who would like to purchase Snoopy 3, had any interest in Snoopy 1 or 2 prior to their releases???
Objection! Leading the jury your honour! :)
rick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 01:19 AM   #14
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Is there any doubt that the 3 has more novelty and personality?
Old 20 December 2020, 02:20 AM   #15
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Number 3 by a mile
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 11:19 AM   #16
ap1

I know 2 is worth a ton but I think it’s more gimmicky than 3 tbh
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 03:51 PM   #17
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
3,2,1...liftoff!

The caseback and blue color on 3 just push my buttons in the right way.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 04:17 PM   #18
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a suspicion that without the attention Snoopy 2 has garnered as a result of its skyrocketing price, many would have no interest whatsoever in Snoopy 3 or any Omega Snoopy at all.
It’s a hard argument. I think the skyrocketing prices on the Snoopy 2 are for the exact reason of the significant interest in the Snoopy 3 - the popularity of the Snoopy watch as a whole. I was interested in the Snoopy 2 and really liked it, but I wasn’t going to pay some absurd aftermarket price. Funny thing is that when I was looking at them they were in the $18k range. So I was looking forward to the Snoopy 3 for over 2 years, simply for the reason that I didn’t want to pay the aftermarket premium on the Snoopy 2. It wasn’t at all because of the speculation on high premiums for the Snoopy 3.

As far as it “not even being a Snoopy watch” - the story really appeals to me. So I have to say that a lot of the desireability of the watch for me is because of the story - Silver Snoopy Award and Apollo 13 mission. The watch only really works in that context as well, a cartoon dog on a $10k watch with an animated caseback is completely a gimmick, until you look at it in the context of the story and then it shifts from a gimmick to something fascinatingly beautiful.

Lastly, with respect to design ascetics. It’s a blue panda. I mean, blue pandas just win. You could take the Snoopy off the watch, and it would still kill it. This is not even considering the 3861 movement, ceramic bezel, silver dial.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2020, 07:49 PM   #19
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

The first one looks the best
Old 20 December 2020, 07:57 PM   #20
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
I like the black dial the most, but when you take into account the caseback, I would go with the 2020. The white doesn’t do anything for me.

42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2020, 12:02 AM   #21
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I picked 3, I was never partial to 2. It always looked a bit plain to me over the past few years of seeing them. I do love the lume 2 gives off though. I left 20% deposit on Snoopy 3 a few months back. So will see when I get the text from my local AD.
Old 21 December 2020, 02:46 AM   #22
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I know 2 is worth a ton but I think it’s more gimmicky than 3 tbh
Really?????? Is there anything more "gimmicky" than the caseback on Snoopy 3?????? Don't get me wrong, its great fun, as a Silver Snoopy Award watch should be but to say Snoopy 2 is more "gimmicky" is a bit of a reach.....
Old 21 December 2020, 04:19 AM   #23
ap1

Which Snoopy???

Quote:
Really?????? Is there anything more "gimmicky" than the caseback on Snoopy 3?????? Don't get me wrong, its great fun, as a Silver Snoopy Award watch should be but to say Snoopy 2 is more "gimmicky" is a bit of a reach.....

Yes. And here is why. The snoop 3 is at least mechanical on the backside. I c 3 gimmicks on the s2 DIAL side which is much more annoying to me. The dog on subdial, the dialogue at center, and the text from 0-15 mins. New version has just the subdial at 9 as it’s “gimmick”. This makes me prefer S3. I understand your view and you are entitled to it, but I disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21 December 2020, 06:18 AM   #24
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes. And here is why. The snoop 3 is at least mechanical on the backside. I c 3 gimmicks on the s2 DIAL side which is much more annoying to me. The dog on subdial, the dialogue at center, and the text from 0-15 mins. New version has just the subdial at 9 as it’s “gimmick”. This makes me prefer S3. I understand your view and you are entitled to it, but I disagree.

Agree 200%.
Old 21 December 2020, 06:36 AM   #25
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:

Appreciate you entitling me to disagree.............I do!!!!! Mechanical or not, the caseback is beautiful, unique, fun and at the same time, "gimmicky"!!!
Old 21 December 2020, 06:43 AM   #26
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

It’s kind of funny. How many of you associate a gimmick with a negative or positive connotation?

I’ve always associated gimmick negatively.

From the dictionary 1b and 2b are positive, while the rest are negative.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gimmick

1a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus
b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : GADGET
2a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent : CATCH
… few readers would look for a gimmick in an advertisement featuring airline schedules, but few would fail to look for the fine print in an ad announcing New Low-Price Fares.
— Robert L. Heilbroner
b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle
Even in professional careers, mere competence and craftsmanship is no substitute for a gimmick.
— James Poniewozik
c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention
a marketing gimmick

Old 21 December 2020, 06:48 AM   #27
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
It’s kind of funny. How many of you associate a gimmick with a negative or positive connotation?

I’ve always associated gimmick negatively.

From the dictionary 1b and 2b are positive, while the rest are negative.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gimmick

1a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus
b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : GADGET
2a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent : CATCH
… few readers would look for a gimmick in an advertisement featuring airline schedules, but few would fail to look for the fine print in an ad announcing New Low-Price Fares.
— Robert L. Heilbroner
b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle
Even in professional careers, mere competence and craftsmanship is no substitute for a gimmick.
— James Poniewozik
c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention
a marketing gimmick

Not for me.......its simply is doing something different, to draw your attention, that might be out of the ordinary or unusual for a product or service. sometimes it can be negative but certainly not in the case of Snoopy 3. The caseback is gimmicky, unique, fun and beautiful!!!
Old 21 December 2020, 06:49 AM   #28
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Which Snoopy???

And back to topic... I don’t see any negative gimmicks about anything on any of the Snoopy.

All of the associations are true to the watch. Omega got the silver snoopy reward from NASA for their part in Apollo 13. NASA was huge on Snoopy themselves.

All the references to Apollo 13 and Snoopy - whether it be the 14 second burn, the comic strip feel, Snoopy in the command module, the silver dial, the references to the Apollo 13 movie, the Snoopy pin, the eyes on the stars. All of it from Snoopy 1, 2 and 3

Old 21 December 2020, 06:58 AM   #29
Cassidy776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
And back to topic... I don’t see any negative gimmicks about anything on any of the Snoopy.

All of the associations are true to the watch. Omega got the silver snoopy reward from NASA for their part in Apollo 13. NASA was huge on Snoopy themselves.

All the references to Apollo 13 and Snoopy - whether it be the 14 second burn, the comic strip feel, Snoopy in the command module, the silver dial, the references to the Apollo 13 movie, the Snoopy pin, the eyes on the stars. All of it from Snoopy 1, 2 and 3

Old 21 December 2020, 06:59 AM   #30
ap1

Quote:
Appreciate you entitling me to disagree.............I do!!!!! Mechanical or not, the caseback is beautiful, unique, fun and at the same time, "gimmicky"!!!
I’ll side with your gimmick on BACK of snoop 3 for the sake of the disagreement. But from my math still less NOISE on S3. Again, for my tastes